× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 98 visibility 14951

What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I am starting this thread to keep the thread "What do Non-Muslims want from Muslims" on topic and not breaking down into a debate. Each of us do want and/or expect something from our non-Muslim members.Let us state them here. In the interest of sharing not of fighting.

Somethings I want from our non-Muslim members.

1. Understand how much respect we have for Allaah(swt), Islam, Muhammad(PBUH) and the Holy Qur'an

2. Know we are not really grouchy, but we do have little tolerance for anything that ridicules our belief.

3. Try to understand we are individuals.

4. Understand that some of us have experienced persecution and as a result will be defensive.

5. Not to try to give the Islamic view in answers to any questions by non-Muslims.

6. Understand we are an Islamic forum and one of our goals is to bring reverts to Islam.

Herman 1 - What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Thucydides1987's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims.

I think, in time, you can expect most of those grievances to be respected by non-Muslims. However, something that you probably wouldn't see in the West is the end of religious criticism (which is not ridicule). That is something which is enshrined in secular scholarly and intellectual traditions of the West.
    chat Quote

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm sorry, but most "religious criticism" is pretty much nothing more than ridicule, especially that done by the nonreligious. Not all of it, but way too much not to be an enormous and endless grievance.

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want non-Muslims to mind their own business, to take their bases, their filth, their debauchery, their illegal wars, their greed, their evangelism, pagan gods, their w hores and the colonial settler state out of Muslim lands.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman View Post
    I'm sorry, but most "religious criticism" is pretty much nothing more than ridicule, especially that done by the nonreligious. Not all of it, but way too much not to be an enormous and endless grievance.
    No, sir. An example of ridicule is the Danish cartoons, or the "Everybody Draw Muhammad" Day -- it's meant to simply anger and make fun of people.

Criticism of Islam is an informed discussion and refutation of Islamic theology, whether from a Christian, or Atheistic, or Secular Humanist, or any other, perspective. So, for example, arguing against the idea of a big bang in the Quran, or questioning the morality of certain Quranic teachings.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Thucydides1987 View Post
    Criticism of Islam is an informed discussion and refutation of Islamic theology, whether from a Christian, or Atheistic, or Secular Humanist, or any other, perspective. So, for example, arguing against the idea of a big bang in the Quran, or questioning the morality of certain Quranic teachings.

I think you need to define for yourself the term 'refutation' it means a little more than a personal opinion which you are apt at dispensing with-- they're neither evidential nor persuasive!

all the best
    Last edited by جوري; 12-04-2010 at 09:31 PM.

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, sir. An example of ridicule is the Danish cartoons, or the "Everybody Draw Muhammad" Day -- it's meant to simply anger and make fun of people.
    Those are among the examples. Ridicule doesn't have to be intended as such in order to be ridicule, and not all caricatures are drawn by hand.

And as long as that's all they're doing I suppose that's fine. It's often easier to come to the right conclusions when you've seen the wrong ones argued for enough--or it seems that way. But it doesn't matter a great deal whether the Koran says anything about the Big Bang or not, and almost all the "criticisms of the Koran's morality" I've seen are just selective quotations and culturally biased proclamations. There must be people out there who argue ethically and dispassionately, however incorrectly, against Islam (or religion or theism in general, for that matter), but they seem an awful hard breed to find these days.

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    I want non-Muslims to mind their own business, to take their bases, their filth, their debauchery, their illegal wars, their greed, their evangelism, pagan gods, their w hores and the colonial settler state out of Muslim lands.

Can't you ever just punch a pillow or something?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Can't you ever just punch a pillow or something?

I go swimming three times a week, it doesn't take care of
    format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims
    all the best

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To become Muslim.

Seriously though, on this forum, what I would appreciate is if non-muslims didn't debate within topics that weren't intended for debate.

For example, say a muslim creates a thread asking for help with the Islamic method of animal slaughter. It would be nice if we didn't have someone butt into it with an uncalled for attack (e.g. 'this is animal cruelty, inhumane!'). Sure, you are entitled to your beliefs but this specific thread is not the place for you to air your grievance.

The respectful thing would be to create a seperate thread in the comparative religion forum and have a dialogue there.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want non-Muslims to enjoy their time on this forum and relax.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    Haha, "pagan gods"?? I though those've been gone for a while now. And you need anger management classes.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    I want non-Muslims to enjoy their time on this forum and relax.

Dude, I'm trying to have a nice time but it seems to be interrupted by a certain user who can't speak with me civilly.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You weren't speaking to her very civilly either. Perhaps it's time for us all to agree to be more civil.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Haha, "pagan gods"?? I though those've been gone for a while now. And you need anger management classes.

nope very much in existence..

here goes in flame 'touch down jesus'

I'd take care of your personal needs first, like coherency and common sense before you concentrate what you can muster of effort on what you perceive a need in others!

all the best

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You weren't speaking to her very civilly either. Perhaps it's time for us all to agree to be more civil.
    You mean my reference to anger management classes? Well, sure, I apologize for that; but I was merely pointing out that she needs to calm down. Although she was quite rude to me (and for no injury that I have ever caused her), and I tried my best to keep my response as nicely-put as I could -- I could have said much worse things.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, you did laugh at her.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yea...Jesus is not considered to be a pagan god. And I'm sure Christians would have to say a lot about your post.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yea...Jesus is not considered to be a pagan god. And I'm sure Christians would have to say a lot about your post.
    so what kind of god is he?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'd suggest that you come back and write when you've evolved your writing and thought processes a bit-- your writing is puerile your ideas distracting and non-cohesive at best.
    1- you misconstrue criticisms of your logic or lack thereof as insulting or rude, while we beg to differ.. perhaps it is your fragile ego that needs maturation rather than requesting others handle what you write with applause if not kid gloves.
    2- Christianity can claim to be monotheistic all it wants, they are in fact a poster religion for modern day paganism. they pray before idols that is a material effigywhich is exactly what we have seen with that 'touch down Jesus' and they worship more than one god which is the very definition of paganism.

good luck with the rest!

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What do Muslims want from Non-Muslims.