× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 43 visibility 7419

Phobias!

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Phobias!

Report bad ads?

I'm really terrified of Lizards, I can't look at them. Don't want to be near them, or hear about them. It doesn't matter wat size they come in, or how harmless they are, still terrified of them thingies.

I've always been this way my whole life. First time I discovered I had this phobia was one I was about 6. My mother bought me a pair of shoes from a store called salamander. They had this lizard symbol printed on the cover of one of their doors and I just didn't want to be there. Since then to this day nothing changed I'm still terrified of these reptiles.

Wats ur phobia? How bad is it? Do u think u can ever overcome it?
    Phobias!

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Phobias!

Salaam,

I'm not sure. I have one phobia, it is a secret. I get scared when I'm fronted with this secret. I'm usually very calm in stressful situations but this is something that I cannot control and I avoid it. If I cannot avoid the subject, I start to shake, feel hot and very sweaty. I also feel very sick and dizzy. It is like being trapped and suicide is the only way out. I can be very unpredictable and will do anything to avoid the subject. I used to go to great lengths to get this secret covered up, it is almost irrational because it creates a whole set of different problems. I am afraid if someone found it, because I mentioned earlier, I will do whatever it takes to cover it up. My deepest worry is how long I can keep it bottled up, because sometimes I don't trust myself to keep it secret and I worry what I might do to the person if they did find out.

I cannot overcome this phobia, it something you cannot control, what might happen before and after it.

This secret I would like to keep between me and Allah, which gives me great comfort.
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 12-11-2010 at 02:04 AM.
    Phobias!

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Got no phobias...people who do need to grow up!...come on! you aint scared of no lizard
    chat Quote

S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

my phobias are really silly almost embarassing but.
    I'm really afraid of feet . My own feet dont bother me but other people's feet if they touch mine or me in general I cant stand it id rather a creepy crawly (that's not a spider bc thats my 2nd phobia) crawl on me than another person's foot to touch me. My lil bro shows no mercy either bc daily he tortures me by putting his feet in my face/lap...but I think it mainly comes from my dislike of other people's germs bc when i think of feet i think of sweat and bodily secretions and how its on me . So I have a fear of other people giving me their germs and ever since I can remember myself I dont drink or eat after people for fear that I will get sick.

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah View Post
    I'm really terrified of Lizards, I can't look at them. Don't want to be near them, or hear about them. It doesn't matter wat size they come in, or how harmless they are, still terrified of them thingies. I've always been this way my whole life. First time I discovered I had this phobia was one I was about 6. My mother bought me a pair of shoes from a store called salamander. They had this lizard symbol printed on the cover of one of their doors and I just didn't want to be there. Since then to this day nothing changed I'm still terrified of these reptiles.

lizards are really cute I had 2 huge iguanas when i was younger they are very nice and friendly....but then again im afraid of feet so who am i to talk.....
    Last edited by S.Belle; 12-11-2010 at 03:31 AM.
    Phobias!

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Salaam,

I'm not sure. I have one phobia, it is a secret. I get scared when I'm fronted with this secret. I'm usually very calm in stressful situations but this is something that I cannot control and I avoid it. If I cannot avoid the subject, I start to shake, feel hot and very sweaty. I also feel very sick and dizzy. It is like being trapped and suicide is the only way out. I can be very unpredictable and will do anything to avoid the subject. I used to go to great lengths to get this secret covered up, it is almost irrational because it creates a whole set of different problems. I am afraid if someone found it, because I mentioned earlier, I will do whatever it takes to cover it up. My deepest worry is how long I can keep it bottled up, because sometimes I don't trust myself to keep it secret and I worry what I might do to the person if they did find out.

I cannot overcome this phobia, it something you cannot control, what might happen before and after it.

This secret I would like to keep between me and Allah, which gives me great comfort.
    & I thought I had phobia. I think urs is a bit severe than mine. I dont know if its good for ur health to keep such a secret. I'm not trying to pressure u to tell me, u shouldnt. u should tell it to someone u really trust, it might give u a relief? Allah knows best.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    Got no phobias...people who do need to grow up!...come on! you aint scared of no lizard
    Abdalla

Then explain to me why I cant look at it? I cant n when I do it really makes me wish I never seen it. I'm serious! But I do all I can to avoid seeing them so its not really a problem until someone thinks its funny to save me a pic of it as my background on my laptop. Which called for the topic at hand.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    my phobias are really silly almost embarassing but.
    I'm really afraid of feet . My own feet dont bother me but other people's feet if they touch mine or me in general I cant stand it id rather a creepy crawly (that's not a spider bc thats my 2nd phobia) crawl on me than another person's foot to touch me. My lil bro shows no mercy either bc daily he tortures me by putting his feet in my face/lap...but I think it mainly comes from my dislike of other people's germs bc when i think of feet i think of sweat and bodily secretions and how its on me . So I have a fear of other people giving me their germs and ever since I can remember myself I dont drink or eat after people for fear that I will get sick.

lizards are really cute I had 2 huge iguanas when i was younger they are very nice....but then again im afraid of feet so who am i to talk.....
    lol very interesting responses, it makes feel very normal :P: *sigh*
    Last edited by Ansariyah; 12-11-2010 at 03:53 AM.
    Phobias!

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

Hayaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    I ♥ الله‎
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Frogs, slugs, snails, lizards, rollie pollis etc. I don't know if I'll ever get over it.

excluding spiders & ants.. I don't particularly like them but they don't scare me
    Phobias!

لا اله الا الــلـــه

chat Quote

Sawdah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Seeker of Jannah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, I have a phobia of dolls. It's serious, but not to an extreme, alhamdulillah. I'll leave it at that, because it's a long story.
    Last edited by Sawdah; 12-11-2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: edit
    Phobias!

So glorify the praises of your Lord and be of those who prostrate themselves (to Him).
    Surah al-Ĥijr(The Rocky Tract) 15:98
    chat Quote

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, you see... I fear nothing, because I'm a man. A manly man.

However... I'm not too fond of spiders. >__>

spider hell - Phobias!

Or anything related to them for that matter. By the way, have any of you guys ever seen a picture of a Coconut Crab?

coconut crab 1 - Phobias!

Those things will haunt your dreams... -__-
    Last edited by Tyrion; 12-11-2010 at 05:41 AM.
    chat Quote

Endymion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Spring and Roses.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah View Post
    I'm really terrified of Lizards, I can't look at them. Don't want to be near them, or hear about them. It doesn't matter wat size they come in, or how harmless they are, still terrified of them thingies.

I've always been this way my whole life. Since then to this day nothing changed I'm still terrified of these reptiles.

Wats ur phobia? How bad is it? Do u think u can ever overcome it?
    Im not afraid of small lizards.Once i killed two baby lizards who were about to enter in my Parents bed room and the time i took to kill them was just 5 minutes But i never dare to kill big mummy lizards But rats made me run away.Also,im afraid of dark and snakes and Winter nights made me scared when i was a kid

First time I discovered I had this phobia was one I was about 6. My mother bought me a pair of shoes from a store called salamander. They had this lizard symbol printed on the cover of one of their doors and I just didn't want to be there.
    Come on,my brother once found a lizard in his shoes.He was wearing his shoes in a hurry when he suddenly threw the shoe away and said,"OMG,there is something inside my shoe",and we saw a little lizard came out and after a minute,he picked the same shoe,wore it and ran away
    Lizards are not harmful when they are distant from you,neither when they are close but if you press them,they will bite you So just be careful not to press them aand there is nothing to worry about,lizards are not stronger than you

[QUOTE=Mila;1391756]my phobias are really silly almost embarassing but.

I wonder if all brothers are like that Teasing their sisters
    I dont like if someone drink water in my glass so i put my glass in the fridge Also i hate it when women leave their lipstick prints on the glass :eek:
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have one:Achrophobia.
    chat Quote

Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think some poeple here have phobias confused with a rational fear. A rational fear is when you have a reason to be afraid. A phobia, however, is often far more terrifying than any rational fear and completely unexplainable. The person experiencing the phobia often knows fine well there is no reason to be afraid, but it's completely out of their control and can sometimes affect their day-to-day life if the encounter the trigger of their phobia often enough (desensitization doesn't always help). A person who has never experienced a phobia before may often think it's just a silly overreaction because they themselves have never experienced it before, rather they might only have experienced a normal, rational fear.

You can't just reason with someone experiencing a phobia and expect them to not be afraid any more. It goes far deeper than reason. It's something that, if it doesn't go away by itself (may take many years), could require therapy to get over. It's a bit like psychological trauma in that regard, and can sometimes be caused by a traumatic event involving the phobia trigger even if the phobia trigger wasn't a source of the trauma, even just the association with the trauma can cause a phobia to develop.
    chat Quote

Endymion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Spring and Roses.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    I think some poeple here have phobias confused with a rational fear. A rational fear is when you have a reason to be afraid. A phobia, however, is often far more terrifying than any rational fear and completely unexplainable. The person experiencing the phobia often knows fine well there is no reason to be afraid, but it's completely out of their control and can sometimes affect their day-to-day life if the encounter the trigger of their phobia often enough (desensitization doesn't always help). A person who has never experienced a phobia before may often think it's just a silly overreaction because they themselves have never experienced it before, rather they might only have experienced a normal, rational fear.

You can't just reason with someone experiencing a phobia and expect them to not be afraid any more. It goes far deeper than reason. It's something that, if it doesn't go away by itself (may take many years), could require therapy to get over. It's a bit like psychological trauma in that regard, and can sometimes be caused by a traumatic event involving the phobia trigger even if the phobia trigger wasn't a source of the trauma, even just the association with the trauma can cause a phobia to develop.
    Wow
    So,i have no "Phobia" its actually just a "Rational fear"
    Thats informative Thanks for sharing :thankyou:
    chat Quote

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My only real phobia is of unconsciousness. Or at least sleep. Probably all unconsciousness. Most people fear death but it's the frickin' chicken pox to me: everyone gets it once and once only, and then you're immune from that point on. Not a big deal. Sleeping is like dying almost every day of your life. You're whisked away into a constant alternation between oblivion and madness, until finally you can wake up and resume control over anything at all. And to think that it can drain away so much time...the average person forced to spend up to a third of their life doing nothing at all! Which for all practical purposes lowers life expectancy from seventy-five to fifty years. Think about all that when you go to bed tonight. Sleep tight.
    Phobias!

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman View Post
    Most people fear death
    Fear of death does seem quite irrational, at least to some of us.

Although that doesn't fall in my phobias list; there're quite a few things that do. One of those phobias is, the phobia of informing others of the phobias. I like to keep such information to myself.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    I think some poeple here have phobias confused with a rational fear. A rational fear is when you have a reason to be afraid. A phobia, however, is often far more terrifying than any rational fear and completely unexplainable. The person experiencing the phobia often knows fine well there is no reason to be afraid, but it's completely out of their control and can sometimes affect their day-to-day life if the encounter the trigger of their phobia often enough (desensitization doesn't always help). A person who has never experienced a phobia before may often think it's just a silly overreaction because they themselves have never experienced it before, rather they might only have experienced a normal, rational fear. You can't just reason with someone experiencing a phobia and expect them to not be afraid any more. It goes far deeper than reason. It's something that, if it doesn't go away by itself (may take many years), could require therapy to get over. It's a bit like psychological trauma in that regard, and can sometimes be caused by a traumatic event involving the phobia trigger even if the phobia trigger wasn't a source of the trauma, even just the association with the trauma can cause a phobia to develop.

so my spider fear would be considered a phobia right? i wasnt even afraid of them until i got bitten by one and the whole germs thing I know that germs are everywhere its just other ppl's germs that get to me thats not a rational fear is it bc I have always been this way
    Phobias!

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sometimes a phobia can have a rational beginning, not all phobias start as something irrational but a regular fear can develop into a phobia as the amount of fear experienced becomes irrational for the amount of danger in the situation.

It's like... someone who's terrified of balloons. They might have had one pop too close to them as a baby or toddler and have been terrified ever since, but it could never have harmed them.

But on the other hand, someone who's for example had a close call with a dangerous animal such as a snake would have good reason to be afraid, might later become too afraid of them and freak out even in situations that the animal can't harm them (maybe it's behind glass or on a computer screen).
    chat Quote

nature's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think everyone is scared of one thing at least ? people often have fears of the unknown.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    my phobias are really silly almost embarassing but. I'm really afraid of feet . My own feet dont bother me but other people's feet if they touch mine or me in general I cant stand it id rather a creepy crawly (that's not a spider bc thats my 2nd phobia) crawl on me than another person's foot to touch me. My lil bro shows no mercy either bc daily he tortures me by putting his feet in my face/lap...but I think it mainly comes from my dislike of other people's germs bc when i think of feet i think of sweat and bodily secretions and how its on me . So I have a fear of other people giving me their germs and ever since I can remember myself I dont drink or eat after people for fear that I will get sick.
    Im sorry, i found this a little funny. although i totally understand the germ thing, Im a bit like that, clean freak !

format_quote Originally Posted by SeekerofJannah View Post
    Well, I have a phobia of dolls.
    Is this something from childhood ? I remember watching a horror movie of some sort, where a doll came to life or something ? LOL, i got ova that, it took a few years though.!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
    However... I'm not too fond of spiders. >__>

Surely that can be real ?
    chat Quote

elina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have a fear of speaking in front of a group of people...at work we sometimes have team building meetings and if i have to speak i am nervous for days before and i feel like im going to faint while im talking...though i never do....its silly really
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by elina View Post
    I have a fear of speaking in front of a group of people...at work we sometimes have team building meetings and if i have to speak i am nervous for days before and i feel like im going to faint while im talking...though i never do....its silly really

Im a bit like this, its a confidence thing though isnt it ? I got better wen i got into the workplace, im sure you will too.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Phobias! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Phobias!