Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nation of Islam

Report bad ads?

Asalamualekum,

I was just wondering what people think of the nation of islam and if they think they are considered real muslims. From what I have heard it is far from islam and is blasphemous and I dont see how they should be able to call themselves muslims. It actually makes me wonder how stupid certain people can be to believe in the nation of islam, but I think it is more like a statement for african-americans back in the day. I know muhammad ali was from the nation of islam, but now i think he follows the real islam mashallah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Nation of Islam

They aren't muslims, most of the famous people you hear of joining NOI end up converting to islam afterwards, like; Muhammad Ali, Malcolm x etc.

Theres very few left, when the main leader of NOI converted to islam the whole of NOI nearly collapsed, loads of members became muslim.
    Nation of Islam

33 43 1 - Nation of Islam
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Nation of Islam

At the time the NOI was started Islam was almost completely unknown in the US. Racial hatred was atit'speak not only did White People hate non-Whites, Non-Whites also hated Whites and every thing about white people. Christianity was seen as a White Man's belief forced upon non-white people. It was thought Islam was an African religion and for Africans. That brought about it's rapid acceptance by African Americans. The NOI was very much anti White and in it's early years forbid white people from Joining it,while the NOI did contain some truths about Islam it was very much confused as to what Islam truly is.

One bit of good did come from it. It did bring about knowledge that a religion called Islam does exist and many who started as NOI did eventually come to Islam.
    Nation of Islam

Herman 1 - Nation of Islam

chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Nation of Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Nation of Islam