× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 16 of 16 visibility 15305

Seashells

S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Seashells

Report bad ads?

Is it haram to wear anything (like beads, necklace, or earrings) that is made out of a seashell or resembles a seashell
    Someone told me it was haram but when i looked it up for myself i saw nothing that stated it was.
    The only thing that i found was this

As for wearing beads, seashells, charms and amulets, or reciting certain incantations to treat or prevent illness, such practices are sheer ignorance and error, are contrary to the laws of Allah Ta'ala, and constitute a denial of tauheed.

But if your intention is not for protection but rather decoration would it still be considered haram?
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Seashells

why in the world would someone wear seashells unless they're into voodoo??
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ not everyone is into voodoo

if you go to the beach they sell these necklaces that may have seashells in them and I want to know if its haram to wear
    and also putting like seashells shaped beads in your hair is that haram even if the shell is made of plastic (like a fake shell)

im trying to find a pic of what i am talking about but i cant....
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

like this

se290y 1 - Seashells

or like putting cowrie shells into your hair or like beads made to look like cowire shells is that ok?
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

0h....i think i saw one homeless guy with something like that...he had like a thousand of those around his neck

he was a jamaican dude i think
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 01-28-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ u are not helping
    does anyone know?
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    chat Quote

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I actually have a bracelet made out of sea shells, I got it from New Zealand. As far as the healing qualities u mentioned are concerned, thats a first for me. It's just jewellery!
    Seashells

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah View Post
    I actually have a bracelet made out of sea shells, I got it from New Zealand. As far as the healing qualities u mentioned are concerned, thats a first for me. It's just jewellery!

yea the healing "qualities" are nothing but superstitions which is haram
    it isnt my intention to wear for superstitions so would it still be considered haram to wear?
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What can be said generally concerning this issue is that there is the principle of permissibility that concerns the affairs with the exception of acts of worship. And this principle is derived from the ayah in Suratul Baqarah:

"And He is the One Who created everything in the earth for you (all)..."

So the principle that governs clothing is that it is generally permissible unless there is a clear proof to show that something from it is prohibited. A good example here would be the wearing of silk garments for men i.e. all clothing are generally permissible, but there is an authentic proof that shows the men are prohibited from wearing silk.

So the case is that if there exists a proof/s that indicate that wearing of seashells is impermissible, then it is not befitting that we wear it. In the absence of this, its ruling would be one of permissibility.

However, if the these ornaments have in them something that opposes the sharee'ah, for example, it resembles the decorations of the disbelievers, then this is a problem.

Allaah has the best knowledge of it.

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=5021

simple google search
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    What can be said generally concerning this issue is that there is the principle of permissibility that concerns the affairs with the exception of acts of worship. And this principle is derived from the ayah in Suratul Baqarah: "And He is the One Who created everything in the earth for you (all)..." So the principle that governs clothing is that it is generally permissible unless there is a clear proof to show that something from it is prohibited. A good example here would be the wearing of silk garments for men i.e. all clothing are generally permissible, but there is an authentic proof that shows the men are prohibited from wearing silk. So the case is that if there exists a proof/s that indicate that wearing of seashells is impermissible, then it is not befitting that we wear it. In the absence of this, its ruling would be one of permissibility. However, if the these ornaments have in them something that opposes the sharee'ah, for example, it resembles the decorations of the disbelievers, then this is a problem. Allaah has the best knowledge of it. http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=5021 simple google search
    i did search (yahoo) and got nothing
    Jazakallah Khair for helping
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    chat Quote

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post

yea the healing "qualities" are nothing but superstitions which is haram
    it isnt my intention to wear for superstitions so would it still be considered haram to wear?
    Exactly, its all about intentions. Allah knows why u wear it which is for Jewellery's sake alone, so I dont see how thats Haram. I wouldnt worry about it that much sis, enjoy ur jewellery!=)

I'm all goo gaa for these lol

o3gcmhuu2qk3txt2 - Seashells

and this bracelet is the kind I have..

33243 - Seashells

Wow!

oj3597 - Seashells
    Seashells

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Maybe you could somehow relate to this - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/82877

I personally think nothing is wrong with your situation, as long as the intention is right it should be fine. But, you should ask a Scholar or someone who's definitly sure on this.
    Seashells

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah View Post
    Exactly, its all about intentions. Allah knows why u wear it which is for Jewellery's sake alone, so I dont see how thats Haram. I wouldnt worry about it that much sis, enjoy ur jewellery!=)

and this bracelet is the kind I have..

wwwislamicboardcom - Seashells
    oh i love that bracelet its too cute

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    Asalaamu Alaikum, Maybe you could somehow relate to this - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/82877 I personally think nothing is wrong with your situation, as long as the intention is right it should be fine. But, you should ask a Scholar or someone who's definitly sure on this.
    thanks bro and I did another search using google (yahoo is bonkers) and found this

Is it permissible to wear jewelry that is adorned with cowrie shells? What about regular seashells

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. We ask Allaah to exalt his mention as well as that of his family and all his companions

It is permissible for a woman to wear whatever jewelry she likes as long as she is not extravagant, whether it is gold or silver or else, and whether they are adorned with cowrie shells or else, or not adorned at all. Allaah says: (interpretation of the meaning): {It is He Who has created for you all things that are on earth; ….}[2:29].
    The Prophet icon1 1 - Seashells said about gold and silk: "These two things are prohibited for the males of my nation and permissible for its females." [Ibn Maajah]. The Prophet icon1 1 - Seashells also said: "Wearing silk and gold has been made lawful for the females of my nation and unlawful for its males." So it is forbidden for men to wear gold as the Prophet icon1 1 - Seashells said: "Unlawful for its males." However, it is permissible for men to wear silver rings, as Anas icon3 1 - Seashells said that the Prophet icon1 1 - Seashells "Wore a silver ring in his right hand." [Muslim]
    Nevertheless, the people of knowledge differed in opinion regarding a man wearing precious jewelry other than gold and silver. The sound opinion is that it is disliked because this can be considered as imitating women and being extravagant, while "The Prophet icon1 1 - Seashells cursed men who imitate women." [Al-Bukhaari]. It may even be forbidden if by wearing jewelry a man really imitates women or imitates the dissolute and corrupt people.
    Allaah knows best
    http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=88620

so it is fine alhamdulilah
    Jazakallah Khair to everyone that has helped.
    Seashells

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Relax, you can wear them, but do not overdo it to attract attention to yourself.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar View Post
    Relax, you can wear them, but do not overdo it to attract attention to yourself.
    It's all about the bling bling brother!
    chat Quote

Neelofar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am totally digging that first necklace Yanoorah! Abdullahii, you make my sides split with laughter
    chat Quote

21. Hide
Hey there! Seashells Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Seashells