× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1615

Somali proverb/story - 'Ali's dangling eye'

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Somali proverb/story - 'Ali's dangling eye'

Report bad ads?

A few animals gathered around an animal that was killed...amongst the Carnivore animals a female wolf, a hyena and a lion were present.

The lion asked the carnivore animals if anyone was willing to divide the meat.

The female wolf made the step forward and volunteered....she began to cut the meat in two halves....''one half is for the lion'' she said, then she began to cut the remaining half into another half ''one half of this half is for the lion''...she uttered, a small tiny half remained and so she began to cut it into two tiny pieces ''one half is for the lion''

a tiny piece of meat was left over for the rest of the animals to share...the biggest share was for the lion.....this made the lion very happy so he asked the female wolf

lion : women! who taught you how to divide meat ??
    female wolf : Ali's dangling eye

Ali is the hyena.. the last carnivore animal to divide meat between the other animals...he didn't satisfy the lion, so his eye was gouged out.

You have some leaders who make errors and then get punished and then you have leaders who are subservient...who do everything to please their masters...they give up everything.

My dad told me this story when i was a child and i still remember it well
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 02-24-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Al-Mufarridun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Somali proverb/story - 'Ali's dangling eye'

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Googaa
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! Somali proverb/story - 'Ali's dangling eye' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Somali proverb/story - 'Ali's dangling eye'