Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

where in the world are u?

Report bad ads?

salam aleikum

i just think it could be fun to know where in the world this forums members are right now.

as for me, im right now in morocco, i had the opportunity to stay for 3 months al hamdulillah, but after a month i will go back to my homecountry denmark
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Aprender's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: where in the world are u?

I'm in the United States. I want to travel to other countries though.
    chat Quote

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

California.
    chat Quote

karima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

inshaallah u will
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Asiyaah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Karima, what is Denmark like? Tell me about the weather, the culture, and the food if you don't mind please.
    chat Quote

Maryan0's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by zaira View Post
    Salam, I'm in Ontario, Canada.
    Same, but only temporarily (for school). I originally came from Alberta.
    Salam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam aleikum

the weather in denmark right now is cold. We had a lot of snow last year and this year and thats realy not that common in Denmark. Otherwise it rains a lot and our summer dont last that long, i think.

The traditionel danish food is normally different kind of meat with potatoes and different kind of sauce, mostly braun sauce. In Denmark we eat a lot of pork foreexample roast pork and ham. Traditional Danish food is loaded with fat.

Our culture, we have free speech, we have religious freedom. Denmark is a protestant country. We love comfort, either with friends and family where we enjoy a beer and red sausages, or in the sofa with a bag of chips watching a good movie. We are a soccer nation and lot of people enjoy going to soccer games.

Danish gardens look quite different from a Swedish, Norwegian or German. Houses and building styles are different. Although the mentality is different, even from province to province.

Ordinary Danish customs like celebrating Christmas Eve, weave cones for the Christmas tree in certain patterns, hang drums and flags festoon the Christmas tree, put the flags in the pie for birthdays, send snowdrop letter and Easter custom let the yolk run before the egg is found only in Denmark.

In denmark we speak danish, danish people are proud of their country and language and culture almost patriotic. Everyone knows the national song, many have a flag in the garden or it will be used for birthdays, Christmas.

Danes have a good sense of humor. They laugh at everything, even by themselves. I think Denmark is the only country which chose a comedian in parliament! And most probably it is also the only country where people draw lots to get into the army.

We love to party, a lot.

There is free health care, free dentist until they are 18, youth school, a year's maternity leave.

i hope that will give u a clue about how denmark is or can be.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by karima View Post
    salam aleikum

the weather in denmark right now is cold. We had a lot of snow last year and this year and thats realy not that common in Denmark. Otherwise it rains a lot and our summer dont last that long, i think.

The traditionel danish food is normally different kind of meat with potatoes and different kind of sauce, mostly braun sauce. In Denmark we eat a lot of pork foreexample roast pork and ham. Traditional Danish food is loaded with fat.

Our culture, we have free speech, we have religious freedom. Denmark is a protestant country. We love comfort, either with friends and family where we enjoy a beer and red sausages, or in the sofa with a bag of chips watching a good movie. We are a soccer nation and lot of people enjoy going to soccer games.

Danish gardens look quite different from a Swedish, Norwegian or German. Houses and building styles are different. Although the mentality is different, even from province to province.

Ordinary Danish customs like celebrating Christmas Eve, weave cones for the Christmas tree in certain patterns, hang drums and flags festoon the Christmas tree, put the flags in the pie for birthdays, send snowdrop letter and Easter custom let the yolk run before the egg is found only in Denmark.

In denmark we speak danish, danish people are proud of their country and language and culture almost patriotic. Everyone knows the national song, many have a flag in the garden or it will be used for birthdays, Christmas.

Danes have a good sense of humor. They laugh at everything, even by themselves. I think Denmark is the only country which chose a comedian in parliament! And most probably it is also the only country where people draw lots to get into the army.

We love to party, a lot.

There is free health care, free dentist until they are 18, youth school, a year's maternity leave.

i hope that will give u a clue about how denmark is or can be.
    Wow. It sounds like an awesome place. Thank you for sharing that with me
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am in Finland, not so far from Denmark.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

LavaDog's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Pocatello, Idaho
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by View Post
    . I think Denmark is the only country which chose a comedian in parliament!

you'll be tickled to know that all of members of parliament is Indonesia are comedians/clowns!

But seriously, we have several who were professional comedians elected as members of parliaments
    chat Quote

Zuzubu's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Denmark too, like Karima. =) Culture; wearing skirts in the winter, and eating pig.

I make Islamic Graphic. Check it out: Gallery, and check out my Youtube channel as well (warring contains music) :Crescent: :Koran: :aboo:
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As mentioned in the Location field....

<Milkyway <Universe < ? Creations' Knowledge is Limited .. ...
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Neelofar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am from England, Leicester I do wish to travel and learn about the world inshallah one day!
    chat Quote

S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Georgia...but I wish I was in North Carolina

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

Huzzy_786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In UK,Leicester! Omg! Neelofar is from Leicester too? Awesome!

Massallah, My local mosque is Jamea masjid

chat Quote

Zuzubu's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Danish parliment is comedians?

They are racists they say that muslim men rape their kids, and they don't get punnished, yes I think he has to pay 100 euro as bill. and those who said against him has to go to prison.... they even wanna ban the hijab. But oh well, it will get better. =D Just don't see comedy in the parliment? Other than they speak stupid. I spoke with our president when he was doing some propaganda project in our collage, and he says that he wish that Denmark should be free from muslim fundamentalists, that's just a horriable view for someone who don't even know the meaning of the word. Besides, we don't have mosques, they only wish to accept churches, u have to make mosques inside some private houses but buildings, no.

I make Islamic Graphic. Check it out: Gallery, and check out my Youtube channel as well (warring contains music) :Crescent: :Koran: :aboo:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aprender; yeah denmark has some benefits and it is a good country to live in, but as for muslims it can be a bit hard. There are rules there who dont make u be together with ur husband if he is from a foreign country, only if u have a lot of money u can bring him with u. Im one of thoose excample. I am married to a moroccan and he cant come to dk because of the rules, so i have to move to sweden for being able to be with him. Also it is sadly enough still difficult for a girl with hijab and abaye to find a job. Also for arabic men it can be difficult. If u study u r not allowed to wear niqab at school, at least not in my city in a education center for adults. Forexample my friend she wears niqab but she had to sign a paper that shw would take the niqab off during classes or else she couldnt participate. The same friend work as a private daycare but the goverment stopped her because she wears niqab.

So eventhough i love my country, i dont want to live there forever, and i dont think the rules will become better if we get some new politicians in the parlament.

Naidamar: hehe ok

zuzubu: yeah as u know there are a lot of racist, but not all danish people are. There was a comedian in t´he parlament once. I dont know if he is still a member, but his name is jacob haugaard.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

about the mosq, didnt they wanted to build one in copenhagen in Nørrebro and i think i just read about new plans by building a mosq at Amager too?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! where in the world are u? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. where in the world are u?