star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how i converted to islam

Report bad ads?

it all started in 1999. I was 18 years old and had a arabic boyfriend. His parents introduced me to islam and i became a muslim. Many years later i found it was the wrong direction i followed since at that time i was shia. More about that later. Anyway i converted to islam and in the beginning i did not learn a lot, but i truly believed and still does that islam is the right religion. The reason why i did not learn a lot was because of my boyfriend. He didnt wanted me to and always told me that im danish and shouldnt try to be something that im not, astaqfallah. I was very afraid to tell my family and friends about my dicision and only told my littlesister about it.

After 2 years i wanted to wear hijab but my boyfriend told me no. If i at that time knew what i know now i would have done it anyway. But after a year we broke up and i started to wear hijab and study islam (still in the wrong way, since i had gained friends that was shia). And i also at that time got married to a iraqi who was shia.

By wearing hijab i had to tell my friends and family and everything happened as i expected. I lost all my friends and all my family. Except my mother who also converted to islam in 2006 al hamdulillah, my sister, my best friend and at that time also my grandmother and grandfather accepted it. They ( my grandmother and grandfather) were not happy about it and wanted me to take of the hijab before i came near their house because of the neighbours, but i told them no and said that if they wanted me to come and visit them it would be with the hijab. So they agreed al hamdulillah.

A few years later my grandmother past away and the family gathered in her house. They told me not to show up in the church with hijab and abaye and if i did they would never forgive me and never talk to me again. But i didnt care and i wanted the opportunity to say goodbye to my grandmother, so i showed up in the church and i have never spoken to them again, except one ant who came and visit my mother when she was about to die. Imagine only one sister out of seven wanted to say goodbye to my mother, only because she converted to islam to. I think they should be happy that she change her life to the better, since before she became a muslim she was an alcoholic for at least 26 years.

Anyway in 2006 i was blessed with the opportunity to go for hajj al hamdulillah and last year i discovered the true way of islam, al hamdulillah.

I still meet a lot of troubles being a muslim from my fellow countrymen and a lot of bad words are being said to me, but i keep my head high and eventhough it has become more difficult for me to find a job i proudly wear my hijab and abaye and eventhough i lost almost all my family and friends i nver once regretted that i converted to islam, and never will.

hope u all enjoy it, inshaallah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: how i converted to islam

It is really an amazing story.
    format_quote Originally Posted by karima View Post
    I still meet a lot of troubles being a muslim from my fellow countrymen and a lot of bad words are being said to me, but i keep my head high and eventhough it has become more difficult for me to find a job i proudly wear my hijab and abaye and eventhough i lost almost all my family and friends i nver once regretted that i converted to islam, and never will.
    Masha' Allah you are a very strong woman. Keep the faith.
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashaAllah, inspiring. Thanks for writing it up.
    chat Quote

Al-Mufarridun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalaamu Alaikum

Jazakallah Khair for sharing your story with us. May Allah(swt) re-unite you with your mother in Jannah. Ameen ya Rabb!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    MustafaMc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah (swt) ease your affairs and continue to guide you along the Straight Way. I too am a revert, but I haven't encountered the difficulties that you have.
    chat Quote

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You have a very inspiring tale.
    chat Quote

Zuzubu's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah, this is a very beautiful story. =)
    how i converted to islam

I make Islamic Graphic. Check it out: Gallery, and check out my Youtube channel as well (warring contains music) :Crescent: :Koran: :aboo:
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you for sharing your story, karima. I am sorry that you have received such bad treatment from your friends and family.

I am not sure that I understood you correctly, but are you saying that shia is not the true Islam?
    how i converted to islam

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - how i converted to islam

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

Zuzubu's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes glo, she is against shia sect. Firstly all sects but one are right and this sect is muslims, and whoever calls himself shia is not true muslim and will go to hell.

"My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy-three (73) sects. All of them will be in Hell Fire except one sect. They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, which is that? Whereupon he said: It is one to which I and my companions belong". [Tirmidhi. 171]

The best people are those living in my generation, then those coming after them, and then those coming after (the second generation). [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, 3/219]

Secondly most of them do zanjir zani and hits themselves because of saddness, which Islam strictly forbids.
    how i converted to islam

I make Islamic Graphic. Check it out: Gallery, and check out my Youtube channel as well (warring contains music) :Crescent: :Koran: :aboo:
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    karima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam aleikum

thank u all for ur sweet words, may allah (swt) reward u all by jennah inshaallah.

Al-Mufarridun: amin to ur dua, i hope that very much inshaallah, and inshaallah u will come in jennah to.

MustafaMc: welcome to islam too mashaallah, im very glad to hear that u havent gone through the same as me, al hamdulillah.

glo: yes shia is not real muslims as Zuzubu said. They do a lot of wrongs things. They dont follow the sunnah of our prophet (saw). They pray to the imams (as) for things instead of to allah (swt). They morn and thats forbidden in islam. They celebrate birthdays, thats forbidden to. They have pictures of the imams (as) thats also forbidden in islam. As for some people who read the hands searching after an answer, shia does this thing, they pray a little prayer and open the quran a random place, take the first word and look for the meaning of that word and they take that for an answer of what they have asked. Foreexample they could ask if u get pregnant. And thats forbidden in islam to since only allah (swt) knows what will happen in the future. The turning point for me as i describe in my intruction was that when i read about khomeini in a ****tish page. In one of his rules it is allowed to have sexual intercourse with a baby between the kneew, giving that u r married. But islam does not allows babies to get married. But shia has this thing called mutaa. Its basically a way to legalize a relationship, since its not a real marriage according to islam. And so much more. Im very happy that i found the truth al hamdulillah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am glad that Allah (swt) guided you to the Straight Way and kept you from following misguidance. I was first exposed to Islam through a Shi'a roommate in college in 1981.
    chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khair for tellin your story, unfortunately new reverts sometimes fall into the shia sect and don't know any better.
    how i converted to islam

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam aleikum

thank u

MustafaMc: subhana allah so did u follow the shia way at first or??

Salahudeen: you are welcome, and yes u r right, i hope for them that they will be guided the right way as me, inshaallah.
    chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaamu Alaikum my sister jazakallahu khayr for sharing your story with us. Even more shocking about the twelvers is how it is stated that they choose when they are going to die.

Subhaanallah Allah took you out of darkness to bring you to the bright light of Islam. There are increasingly a lot of Muslim hate groups across Europe now and their purpose is to strike fear into the hearts of the Muslims to liberalise Muslims so we stop practising Islam.

So to counteract that we should practise Islam as much as we can and strive to do everything to please Allah and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him.

May Allah give you the best of this world and the next. Ameen
    Last edited by Hamza Asadullah; 03-06-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    how i converted to islam

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow subhanallah its soo inspiring story and i really appreciate ur courage and steadfastness. surely its with the help of ALLAH SWT. pray to HIM, ALLAH SWT give u more strength.ameeeen
    how i converted to islam

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam aleikum

Hamza81: thank u, yes al hamdulillah i was shown the right way. As converts it can be difficult to know whats the truth and whats not. But now im very sure al hamdulillah. You are so right, it is importent for us to keep strong and keep practitising our religion. We have to show thoose groups that we are not afraid of them and that we will always fight for islam and our rights. I live in one of thoose countries who realy hates islam (denmark), and i still meet a lot of problems, subhana allah, but with islam i have become more strong al hamdulillah. amin to ur dua and inshaallah u too.

tigerkhan: thank u, be sure i will never stop praying inshaallah. yep it is with allahs (swt) help that i can be so strong, because i used to be a girl who never said her opinion and always followed others. I am still very shy though, but i have been told thats a part of my iman, so al hamdulillah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, the masjid I attended after becoming a Muslim was predominately Sunni and that is what I learned from the beginning. This Quranic software is free and has been helpful to me in learning new surahs with proper pronunciation of the Arabic http://juz30.software.informer.com/
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam aleikum

oh thats good al hamdulillah, and thank u for the link.
    chat Quote

23. Hide
Hey there! how i converted to islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. how i converted to islam