× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 4375

I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rome. D

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rome. D

Report bad ads?

I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rome. Did the Prophet Muhammad send any other letters to any other Kings ?

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHad...earch_word=all

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rom

Rome (Arabic=Rum) in those hadith is not Roman empire that located in place that now known as Italy, but Eastern Rome (also known as Byzantine) that had capital in Constantinople (now Istanbul). And Caesar in those hadith is Heraclius, a Byzantine emperor that lived in Rasulullah (saw) period.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rom

Yes you are right Constantinople was the Eastern Roman Empire.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rom

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    Yes you are right Constantinople was the Eastern Roman Empire.
    But later Byzantine left their Roman/Latin culture and civilization and turn into Greek culture and civilization. Even the Byzantine emperor that changed official language from Latin into Greek was Heraclius, in 620 a.d.

And about English translation of hadith that mentioned in links in post #1.
    I don't know what is Arabic word that used to call Heraclius in those hadith. But, use "Caesar" to call Heraclius in those English translated hadith is actually wrong. Heraclius was not Caesar but "Augustus" (emperor). Caesar as title was used to call Vice (or assistant of) Augustus.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It could not of been the Western Roman Empire because the Western Roman Empire fell by that time it did not exist.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rome. D Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I found this from the Hadith about the Prophet Muhammad's letter to Caesar of Rome. D