× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2003

ubuntu

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ubuntu

Report bad ads?

ubuntu users.. pls unite here
    and post ur tips and queries.

Q: i installed ubuntu in windows7 as an application.. Im unable to connect to my wifi router..even aftr providing the connection..login details.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: ubuntu

Try using your WEP key, instead of just the user name and password. Our Ubuntu box is the central part of our network and that's what we had to do to get it to work.
    chat Quote

Ali Mujahidin's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    SaifulLah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf View Post
    Q: i installed ubuntu in windows7 as an application.. Im unable to connect to my wifi router..even aftr providing the connection..login details.

Have you tried updating the drivers?
    ubuntu

Faith is believing what you cannot see.
    http://areesalaam.com Islam from the viewpoint of a layman
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Which version of Ubuntu? Are you using network manager? Did you try entering all the settings manually?

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion View Post
    Try using your WEP key, instead of just the user name and password.
    wep = no security.
    ubuntu

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dagless: there is a bug with some routers that when trying to connect your system to it, it does not recognize your user name and password, and you have to enter the WEP key. The user name and password are still there and encrypted, it just won't allow you to use it for setup (don't ask me why, or how, it just does). It definitely does not mean that there is no security there; we've invited over the comp students from the local tech school with the challenge of breaking into our system because ours is affected, and they can't, it's still secure.
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

9.10 LTS - is the one im having..sticking to the old one..as it worked..

its having problem in detecting my router.. - i mean its unable to use the WLAN receiver in my laptop..and detect the roputer..
    BUT..when i plugged in a WLAN dongle to my laptop...it detected on its own without asking for the password.

10.04 - LTS tried - but installation problem...after it says 100%...its starting to download again... lucid desktop.iso file

10.10..downloaded yesterday...burned it onto a CD...and it has some installation issue
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion View Post
    Dagless: there is a bug with some routers that when trying to connect your system to it, it does not recognize your user name and password, and you have to enter the WEP key. The user name and password are still there and encrypted, it just won't allow you to use it for setup (don't ask me why, or how, it just does). It definitely does not mean that there is no security there; we've invited over the comp students from the local tech school with the challenge of breaking into our system because ours is affected, and they can't, it's still secure.
    I thought you would always have to enter the key? This is off topic, but anyway my point was that wep as a security measure should not be relied upon. I don't know the ins and outs of your student challenge but wep itself shouldn't take more than a few minutes to crack.

9.10 LTS - is the one im having..sticking to the old one..as it worked..

its having problem in detecting my router.. - i mean its unable to use the WLAN receiver in my laptop..and detect the roputer..
    BUT..when i plugged in a WLAN dongle to my laptop...it detected on its own without asking for the password.

10.04 - LTS tried - but installation problem...after it says 100%...its starting to download again... lucid desktop.iso file

10.10..downloaded yesterday...burned it onto a CD...and it has some installation issue
    Hmm that sucks. As bro ThisOldMan said, have you checked drivers? Go to 'hardware drivers' under 'administration'. Type iwconfig in terminal too and tell us what it says.
    Last edited by Dagless; 03-29-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    ubuntu

chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Congratulations!!! You are free now.

I have never tried using wireless internet on my Ubuntu box. I use DHCP connection.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
    Type iwconfig in terminal too and tell us what it says.
    Code:
    abdulmajid@abdulmajid-desktop:~$ iwconfig
    lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.
    hehe
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am unable to run Lotus Symphony on my computer seamlessly, it makes my computer very slow and application itself. Any help is much appreciated.

initially it said there was some problem in installing the sw but then again i fount the icon and it was installed on my PC but it was very slow in startup and all...
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! ubuntu Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. ubuntu