× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2401

What are the ways of acquiring peace in our life?

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

For Muslims: In what way has Islam brought peace in your life?

P.S. Islam is the religion of peace. We strive to attain peace each day. So I understand that this is not exactly an easy question to answer.
    Last edited by Flame of Hope; 04-03-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: To add in the p.s.

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What are the ways of acquiring peace in our life?

How do u come up with these threads?.....

becoming more religious and seeking a closer relationship with Allah

Islam has brought peace into my life bc it has allowed me to realize the purpose of my being created which is to worship Allah. Once I realized that, and even though I'm tested and lots of things go haywire in my life, life itself just seemed more peaceful to me....hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by S.Belle; 04-03-2011 at 04:29 AM.

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OK i had done much research on this topic. bcz its something related to our spiritual needs. so far from quran, Allah SWT said i that He had put Peace for us in
    1. Dhikar (and probably that mean as Ulama Says, all commandment of Allah SWT)
    2. Home
    3. Spouses

maybe in hadiths there are more things defined which are necessary for peace in our life but i dont know them...
    my personal idea is, if a person will be blessed with these 3 things, i think his life will be a most peaceful.
    Last edited by tigerkhan; 04-03-2011 at 05:26 AM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle View Post
    How do u come up with these threads?.....
    Inspiration.

There are more challenging questions up my sleeve. But I'll be patient.

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oooh, good one!

One of the greatest ways Islam has brought peace to my life is by showing me the ways of Muhammad (saw). I have a very short temper - not violent, but it does not take much to get me to make a snarky, sarcastic remark. By living with the Prophet as my model, may Allah bless him and uphold him for his example, I've found many ways of curbing this. For example, whenever I'm posting, if I find myself getting angry I try to make myself wait at least 24 hours before saying anything on the subject so I can calm down, and in the meantime, read some Islamic stories. At home, I walk away from whatever is angering me and go to a quiet place and read the Qur'an. When I'm out, I do dhikr until I'm more peaceful.

It doesn't ALWAYS work . . . I know I've posted angry here at least once, but it really is a huge help.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle View Post
    becoming more religious and seeking a closer relationship with Allah

Islam has brought peace into my life bc it has allowed me to realize the purpose of my being created which is to worship Allah. Once I realized that, and even though I'm tested and lots of things go haywire in my life, life itself just seemed more peaceful to me....hope that makes sense.
    It makes perfect sense, especially the part "seeking a closer relationship with Allah." After all, isn't As-Salam one of Allah's names? Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion View Post
    For example, whenever I'm posting, if I find myself getting angry I try to make myself wait at least 24 hours before saying anything on the subject so I can calm down, and in the meantime, read some Islamic stories. At home, I walk away from whatever is angering me and go to a quiet place and read the Qur'an. When I'm out, I do dhikr until I'm more peaceful.
    You are a strong one if you can do that! Mashallah!

chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! What are the ways of acquiring peace in our life? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What are the ways of acquiring peace in our life?