× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 2872

Allah's Guidance and Misguidance

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

1.."Guidance is only from Allah. Nothing is in our hands." To what extent do you agree with this statement?

2. Who are the people that Allah guides and who does He misguide?

3. Why does Allah misguide people?

An opportunity for you to express your thoughts and opinions on this matter........
    Last edited by Flame of Hope; 04-08-2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: To add in third question...

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Aprender's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Allah's Guidance and Misguidance

I think I am being guided because I sincerely asked to be guided to the truth through tears, distress and much agony. I'm not sure what the truth really is at this moment and time in my life but I do think I am on the right path in trying to find it. It was my intention, when I asked God to guide me, to become a better Christian and that somehow led me here to learning more about Islam. I don't know what that means for me but I will keep steady in my quest.

I've spoke to many people who are no longer Muslims here in America and it seems they just love the "comforts" that we have here for the most part. And they saw that people who misspoke in the name of Islam, applied their own ideas and customs and mixed it with Islam, or who weren't good Muslims and associated with the entire ummah. In the end, I just think they use it as an excuse to demonize what is good so they can finally follow their own desires. Some come back and some don't. I believe people want to go where they want to be led. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. In Christianity, there are a lot of people who don't know the Bible. Never even read it. In Islam, there a lot of people who call themselves Muslim who don't know the Qur'an. May have it memorized but don't understand a single word of it nor do they implement it into their everyday lives which causes them to falter. Some people are just blind in that way.

Allah knows best.
    chat Quote

in jihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    1.."Guidance is only from Allah. Nothing is in our hands." To what extent do you agree with this statement?
    agree on the part that guidance is only from allah. Don't agree that nothing is in our hands. Like the sister said above, she was sincerely seeking guidance and because of her efforts she found Islam. Allah guided her to it but she wouldn't have been guided if she hadn't had a sincere desire in her heart to find the truth. If you ain't gonna go looking for it, how are you gonna find it?

Equation would look like this to me. No seek guidance = no get guidance.

Same thing for knowledge. No seek knowledge = no get knowledge.

You don't plant a seed in the ground there ain't gonna be a tree growing in your yard. So Allah guides who are sincere in seeking guidance. Those who are proud and insincere Allah ain't gonna guide.
    chat Quote

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post

Fully and wholeheartedly. Allah says إِنَّكَ لَا تَهْدِي مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ وَلَـٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ : "Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way." [28:56]

Verses in Qur'an, the saying of the Prophet (), the sayings of the Sahaba and the salaf are too many to name but the bottom line is that guidance is in the hands of Allah.
    2. Who are the people that Allah guides and who does He misguide?
    Whoever seeks guidance, Allah guides them. Whoever rejects it, He misguides them.

They choose it. Amongst the man ayaat, Allah says: "And whoever acts hostilely to the Messenger after that guidance has become manifest to him, and follows other than the way of the believers, We will turn him to that to which he has (himself) turned and make him enter hell; and it is an evil resort. " [4:115]

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    in jihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    Whoever seeks guidance, Allah guides them. Whoever rejects it, He misguides them.

They choose it. Amongst the man ayaat, Allah says: "And whoever acts hostilely to the Messenger after that guidance has become manifest to him, and follows other than the way of the believers, We will turn him to that to which he has (himself) turned and make him enter hell; and it is an evil resort. " [4:115]
    So well said bro. I woulda given you points if I could.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Allah's Guidance and Misguidance Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Allah's Guidance and Misguidance