× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1940

Eating too much.....

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Eating too much.....

Report bad ads?

I read somewhere that eating too much can lead to the hardening of the heart. It is also supposed to be one of the causes of weak faith.

I've been wondering how. Any answers?
    Eating too much.....

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Eating too much.....

Nice strategy to blame excessive intake of food for your weak faith.
    chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

100% true.
    i had personal experience about this. but this one can observe who is trying to make improvement in khusoo and khuzoo in ammals. u know i had pratice one time eating in 24 hours, 2 times in 24 hours and that was amazing expereince. if honestly i told u b4 that i had much fear from FAAQA but once i had break this fear, i feel a strange pleasure in ammals and spirituality.
    but this need exercise. bcz from more than 20-30-40 years we have "habit" of eating for more than 3 times in 24 hours, so its not easy to break this. however honestly i told u this is just our habit not hunger. we have weak ROH and no spiritual power. if we got a bit level of spiritual power, then one feel that to eat 1 or 2 times in 24 hours is just easy and it has much spiritual pleasure. maybe thats the reason Prophet PBUH use to eat too less.
    Eating too much.....

chat Quote

abdussattar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The prophet has said on more than one one occasions that easting much food makes one lazy and slack in deeds.

He also said that "A believer eats in one stomach while a non-believer eats in seven"

As long as a man is full and happy, he does not care about doing amaal as much as id he were to be among those who don't get even two proper meals a day
    Eating too much.....

Islamicboard 1 - Eating too much.....
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post

I read somewhere that eating too much can lead to the hardening of the heart. It is also supposed to be one of the causes of weak faith.
    I've been wondering how. Any answers?
    Walaikum Salam sister,

The prophet s.a.w Inshallah said "your stomachs are the size of your fist and should be considered as three parts, one third for food, one third for water and the last third for air." (Quote not ad verbum)
    In our day and age it is a lot simpler to understand the physiological limitations of our bodies and yet we ignore them.

I though do not wish to use science to prove a Hadith as I consider it wrong.
    So common sense will tell us that over-eating cant be good as it over taxes the heart.
    Again common sense would tell us that if extra food is needed to make us feel good something else must be lacking. How is it we survive Ramadhan ? Is that month not enough to teach us that hunger is mostly in our minds ?

Like the brother said try and lessen your intake and spread it over more hours and witness first hand the difference.
    I personally have tried to eat nothing just drink water (minimum amounts) for a whole week after which I was Alhamdulillah cured of my over eating problem.

As for the hardening of the heart, that's more of the English translation, the idiom actually refers to uncaring and then uncaring to lax Iman. The spiritual heart always being the centre of Iman.

May Allah S.W.T protects us from our Nafs.
    Masalam
    chat Quote

Chavundur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just my opinion, I think most important Sunnah is to eat in limits. There are a lot of hadiths in this respect like " Human being didn't fill something bad like his stomach ". Negative consequences of eating much on spiritual and corporeal life involve a broad range of extravagances. Almost all general ailments are related with eating habit. Personally I am trying to accustom myself eating less, I see positive effects on my concentration level and in prayers. Most terrible habit dictated by modern culture is of course eating too much and thinking less in this way.
    Eating too much.....

Little by little, wean yourself. This is the gist of what I have to say. From an embryo whose nourishment comes in the blood, move to an infant drinking milk, to a child on solid food, to a searcher after wisdom, to a hunter of invisible game. Rumi
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Eating too much..... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Eating too much.....