× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 70 visibility 8123

Female Foeticide

yas2010's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Female Foeticide

Report bad ads?

/Peace

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13264301

it is estimated that upto 8 million female foetuses have been aborted.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Female Foeticide

Wa Alaaykum As'salaam

Inna lilaahi wa innah Ilaayhi raji'oon..

That is really sad subhaan'Allaah

may Allaah guide them to righteous path Aameen
    Female Foeticide

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010 View Post
    it is estimated that upto 8 million female foetuses have been aborted.
    In another perspective one might say....8 million female foetuses prevented from being born into this world, many of them growing up as disbelievers, rejecting Allah and His Messenger and as a consequence of their wicked acts, entering Hell.

An act of mercy from Allah, the Most High, that they were spared being tested in this world.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

p.s. Of course the parents to whom they would have been children would be wicked to have wanted to abort them because they were female. Not worth coming into this world for such parents I think.
    Last edited by Flame of Hope; 05-23-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Female Foeticide

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't these fools realise that females are necessary to continue a species?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ whats your problem? its their freedom to choose what kind of kids they want.
    Female Foeticide

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

Lynx's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post

In another perspective one might say....8 million female foetuses prevented from being born into this world, many of them growing up as disbelievers, rejecting Allah and His Messenger and as a consequence of their wicked acts, entering Hell.

An act of mercy from Allah, the Most High, that they were spared being tested in this world.

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

p.s. Of course the parents to whom they would have been children would be wicked to have wanted to abort them because they were female. Not worth coming into this world for such parents I think.
    Why do you think God spared these potential disbelievers and not other potential disbelievers? Not very fair He could have spared billions of people from experiencing Hell!
    Female Foeticide

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    -Plato
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Why do you think God spared these potential disbelievers and not other potential disbelievers? Not very fair He could have spared billions of people from experiencing Hell!

People experience hell only because they want to, and because of what their hands offer while they live..
    Life is the exception and yet they do so poorly with it of their own volition..

best,
    Female Foeticide

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Female Foeticide

chat Quote

in-the-shadows's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    what line of thinking is this? who gave them the right to choose? so if someone wants to abort their baby due to gender or birth defects, that's their "freedom"?! what about the rights of the child to be born? what about his/her freedom to live a life regardless of their gender or other physical capabilities? this is unislamic thinking, that it's the parents "freedom" to choose what kind of kids they want. so you're saying it's ok to abort female babies if the parents "choose" not to have them? show me where in Islam what you said is ok? this is eugenics and discrimination at it's best. screen out the "unfit", as deemed by who? you?

who are we to come in between what Allah is creating? how would you feel if your parents were like that and had chosen not to have you because they had the "freedom" to not have you? oh wait, you wouldn't even exist to feel anything, what is more unjust than that? freedom to practice your own rights is fine as long as it does not impinge upon the freedoms and rights of others. this is not freedom, this is murder. if we follow your line of thinking we would say that the arabs who used to bury their daughters alive also had the "freedom" to choose what kind of kids they want, so since it was their "freedom" they were ok? have you read the Quraan and Sunnah about this topic? it existed even at the time of the Prophet and he has spoken against it, so NO, it's not their "freedom"

here:

Allah says,

(And when the female infant (Al-Maw'udah) buried alive is questioned: For what sin was she killed) The majority have recited it as Su'ilat (she is questioned), as it is here. Al-Maw'udah is the female infant that the people of the pre-Islamic time of ignorance would bury in the dirt due to their hatred of girls. Therefore, on the Day of Judgement, the female infant will be asked what sin she committed that caused here to be murdered. This will be a means of frightening her murderer. For verily, if the one who was wronged is questioned, what does the wrongdoer (the one who is guilty of the oppression) think then `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said,

(And when the female infant (Al-Maw'udah) buried alive Su'ilat "This means that she will ask.'' Abu Ad-Duha made a similar statement when he said, "She will ask, meaning she will demand restitution for her blood.'' The same has been reported from As-Suddi and Qatadah. Hadiths have been reported concerning the Maw'udah. Imam Ahmad recorded from `A'ishah, who reported from Judamah bint Wahb, the sister of `Ukkashah, that she said, "I was in the presence of the Messenger of Allah when he was with some people, and he said,

(I was about to prohibit sexual relations with breast feeding women, but then I saw that the Romans and the Persians have sexual relations with their women who breast feed their children and it does not harm the children at all.) Then they asked him about interruption of sexual intercourse to prevent the male discharge from entering the womb of the woman, and he said,

(That is the minor infanticide and it is the female infant buried alive (Maw'udah) that will be questioned.)'' Muslim, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i, all recorded this Hadith as well

so there you go, choosing who is "fit" to be born is not upto us, it is Allah who decides that. there is another account of a man who had a daughter who he did not kill as an infant and she grew up to the age that she would be married and her father took her and threw her in a well and later he repented and told the Prophet PBUH about this incident and the Prophet started to cry and said harsh words to this man, that is how much he reviled and hated this action of hatred against girls and women and "choosing" to kill them. this is western liberalism, "freedoms" and is in fact backward and foolish thinking. just because the kuffar say they have "freedoms" and choose to engage in all sorts of messed up infanticide and eugenics and haram actions, and it's practiced all over the world and seems to be commonplace now, doesn't mean it's ok. our Prophet, and our Creator both hate this action, so how can you say parents have the freedom then? kindly show me some Islamic proof for your words/stance?

also to the other person saying it's good they were not born because they would be disbelievers, how do you know, maybe many of them could have become muslims better than us, they never even had a chance to live and to learn. aren't there so many reverts among us, so who knows maybe many of them could have been muslims. and in fact this is a growing problems amongst muslims too now, who have forgotten their religion due to their culture. there is no way that this can be supported in Islam. i find it appalling that muslims can ever be even slightly ok with something like this.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by in-the-shadows View Post
    what line of thinking is this? who gave them the right to choose? so if someone wants to abort their baby due to gender or birth defects, that's their "freedom"?! what about the rights of the child to be born? what about his/her freedom to live a life regardless of their gender or other physical capabilities? this is unislamic thinking, that it's the parents "freedom" to choose what kind of kids they want. so you're saying it's ok to abort female babies if the parents "choose" not to have them? show me where in Islam what you said is ok? this is eugenics and discrimination at it's best. screen out the "unfit", as deemed by who? you?

who are we to come in between what Allah is creating? how would you feel if your parents were like that and had chosen not to have you because they had the "freedom" to not have you? oh wait, you wouldn't even exist to feel anything, what is more unjust than that? freedom to practice your own rights is fine as long as it does not impinge upon the freedoms and rights of others. this is not freedom, this is murder. if we follow your line of thinking we would say that the arabs who used to bury their daughters alive also had the "freedom" to choose what kind of kids they want, so since it was their "freedom" they were ok? have you read the Quraan and Sunnah about this topic? it existed even at the time of the Prophet and he has spoken against it, so NO, it's not their "freedom"

here:

Allah says,

(And when the female infant (Al-Maw'udah) buried alive is questioned: For what sin was she killed) The majority have recited it as Su'ilat (she is questioned), as it is here. Al-Maw'udah is the female infant that the people of the pre-Islamic time of ignorance would bury in the dirt due to their hatred of girls. Therefore, on the Day of Judgement, the female infant will be asked what sin she committed that caused here to be murdered. This will be a means of frightening her murderer. For verily, if the one who was wronged is questioned, what does the wrongdoer (the one who is guilty of the oppression) think then `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said,

(And when the female infant (Al-Maw'udah) buried alive Su'ilat "This means that she will ask.'' Abu Ad-Duha made a similar statement when he said, "She will ask, meaning she will demand restitution for her blood.'' The same has been reported from As-Suddi and Qatadah. Hadiths have been reported concerning the Maw'udah. Imam Ahmad recorded from `A'ishah, who reported from Judamah bint Wahb, the sister of `Ukkashah, that she said, "I was in the presence of the Messenger of Allah when he was with some people, and he said,

(I was about to prohibit sexual relations with breast feeding women, but then I saw that the Romans and the Persians have sexual relations with their women who breast feed their children and it does not harm the children at all.) Then they asked him about interruption of sexual intercourse to prevent the male discharge from entering the womb of the woman, and he said,

(That is the minor infanticide and it is the female infant buried alive (Maw'udah) that will be questioned.)'' Muslim, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i, all recorded this Hadith as well

so there you go, choosing who is "fit" to be born is not upto us, it is Allah who decides that. there is another account of a man who had a daughter who he did not kill as an infant and she grew up to the age that she would be married and her father took her and threw her in a well and later he repented and told the Prophet PBUH about this incident and the Prophet started to cry and said harsh words to this man, that is how much he reviled and hated this action of hatred against girls and women and "choosing" to kill them. this is western liberalism, "freedoms" and is in fact backward and foolish thinking. just because the kuffar say they have "freedoms" and choose to engage in all sorts of messed up infanticide and eugenics and haram actions, and it's practiced all over the world and seems to be commonplace now, doesn't mean it's ok. our Prophet, and our Creator both hate this action, so how can you say parents have the freedom then? kindly show me some Islamic proof for your words/stance?

also to the other person saying it's good they were not born because they would be disbelievers, how do you know, maybe many of them could have become muslims better than us, they never even had a chance to live and to learn. aren't there so many reverts among us, so who knows maybe many of them could have been muslims. and in fact this is a growing problems amongst muslims too now, who have forgotten their religion due to their culture. there is no way that this can be supported in Islam. i find it appalling that muslims can ever be even slightly ok with something like this.
    Isnt Religion also culture? How do you differentiate the two?

Of course I am not ok with abortion at all. I was playing devil's advocate. If atheists/kaafirs are ok with abortion, they MUST be ok with gender selection during abortion. But no, here the feminist atheist doctors play around with ethical principles and call it unethical to abort based on gender!
    Female Foeticide

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course I am not ok with abortion at all. I was playing devil's advocate. If atheists/kaafirs are ok with abortion, they MUST be ok with gender selection during abortion. But no, here the feminist atheist doctors play around with ethical principles and call it unethical to abort based on gender!
    Is it means you don't care about female foeticide case in India just because they are non-Muslims ?.
    chat Quote

siam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know a lot on the subject-----but.........
    Abortion is generally considered wrong----However, there are exceptions because Islam is based on compassion and mercy.

The moment of "ensoulment" is generally either 40 days or 120 days after conception.
    Though "rights" of a feotus/embryo must be respected----it is not at the expense of the mother---therefore instances when the mother's life is in danger, in cases of incest, rape, or other instances, abortion is allowed (provided it is within 120 days)........

IMO, Islam balances "rights" in a wholistic manner so that justice is not infringed upon. That is why it is important not to think of complicated issues such as abortion in simplistic terms.............

(Birth control/family planning is also permitted in Islam---though some conservative scholars may disagree)

----with regards to the argument of wether something is "God's will" or not......Assisted reproduction techniques are also issues that Islam has looked into.....
    chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You all seem to be discussing the symptom rather than the disease. The problem is the not the availability of abortion (to which I am also generally opposed, before mad_scientist starts off) but the economic desirability of males (worker, provider for parents) compared with females (dowry) children in some of the poorest parts of the world. Take care of the poverty and economic inequality and the selective abortion will take care of itself. You do realize, terrible as it is, that if there were no abortion many of these girls would just be left abandoned after birth, don't you?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Is it means you don't care about female foeticide case in India just because they are non-Muslims ?.
    No, I do not care about the sensationalism by adding "female" to foeticide. I care about foeticide, whether male or female. I dont need further qualifiers to get a sensational high in post-modern feminist world by just arguing against high rates of female foeticide and not foeticide itself! What if, lets believe for a moment, more male fetuses were being aborted, would we still get this hoop-la of it being unethical? I doubt so.
    Last edited by CosmicPathos; 05-24-2011 at 04:47 AM.
    Female Foeticide

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL. I get what you are saying, akhi.

Truly these assorted atheists are hypocrites and are not even consistent with their belief. They are just so random.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, I do not care about the sensationalism by adding "female" to foeticide. I care about foeticide, whether male or female. I dont need further qualifiers to get a sensational high in post-modern feminist world by just arguing against high rates of female foeticide and not foeticide itself! What if, lets believe for a moment, more male fetuses were being aborted, would we still get this hoop-la of it being unethical? I doubt so.
    Please read my previous post, particularly the last sentence. There is is nothing sensationalist about it, nor anything to do with atheists or feminists (indeed quite the opposite, in the latter case). These fetuses are being aborted because they are female. That is whole point of the story, not that 'abortion is going on'. Were, for some reason, it male babies that were seen as less desirable or unwanted the 'hoop-la' would be exactly the same.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    You all seem to be discussing the symptom rather than the disease. The problem is the not the availability of abortion (to which I am also generally opposed, before mad_scientist starts off) but the economic desirability of males (worker, provider for parents) compared with females (dowry) children in some of the poorest parts of the world. Take care of the poverty and economic inequality and the selective abortion will take care of itself. You do realize, terrible as it is, that if there were no abortion many of these girls would just be left abandoned after birth, don't you?
    Many if not most female foeticides are performed in China, not exactly the poorest parts of the world (in fact, china will overtake the US as the #1 economy in less than a decade).
    It is caused by the one child policy, and the chinese culture (buddhism play a huge part in chinese psyche, mind you) which places male as more superior than female, forcing the parents to resort to female foeticide when they find out through USG scan that their firstborn is female.

If I'm not mistaken, china is the only country where there are currently more males born than females.
    chat Quote

in-the-shadows's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no religion is not culture, there can be cultural practices which have nothing to do with religion. of course, MOST of culture is in fact religion (or a mix of many religions), but the sad thing is that culture nowadays, is not derived from the RIGHT religion (Islam) and is too mixed in with kaafir religions. for example, look at countries with large populations of muslims who technically should have a culture which is mostly practices derived from Islam and then some things which have nothing to do with Islam i guess, like lets say how they choose to irrigate their plants, that can be a cultural difference as well, but i digress, but nowadays what you have instead is societies which have cultures which are messed up versions of 10 different religions together. like muslims in southeast asia will discriminate against girls (hence the foeticide), dark-skinned individuals, those of a "lower caste", people with disabilities, of a certain socioeconomic class, but those are all hindu practices (dowries, "untouchables", castes, wedding rituals etc.), which have been picked up by muslims, and they are a part of the culture, but they have nothing to do with Islam whatsoever. same with muslims in the west or even countries like egypt etc. they have picked up kaafir practices.

since culture is something which is so prone to mixing and fabrications, it's so dynamic, anyone can start a new cultural practice, hence we cannot say religion IS culture, because as we know as muslims, religion is not something which is up for change, hence it cannot be equated to culture itself which IS so prone to change. i get what you are saying though, but they are two different distinct entities. religion is a huge part of culture, but culture has a lot in it that has nothing to do with religion, especially the right religion, which is Islam. hence we cannot and should not allow culture to override our Islam because Islam is a way of life in itself and as our Allah has said, He has "completed" our religion for us. so we should not allow some cultural practices which are derived from other religions, or cultural practices which are not influenced by religion (seemingly "harmless" practices) to rule over our Islam because that is just opening the door wide open to bidaah. if culture denies us something halal, we should go against the culture, because if it's saying something that is halal is wrong, then the culture is unIslamic and we would be wrong to follow it. and vice versa of course, which is why foeticide is wrong even though culture says it's ok.

secondly, i don't know if i agree with this view that if you are a person who is pro-abortion, that you should also be pro-female infanticide. that is to say that if you are evil, you must be evil to the highest degree. a pro-abortion person, who is Islamically incorrect by virtue of their stance, is more correct when compared to someone who is a pro-abortion AND pro-female infanticide lunatic. two wrongs don't make a right. it's difficult to say what is ethical and what is not, but that is the point, athiests and kuffar are just confused about their own ethics and can't be consistent, but consistency can't be expected from someone who rejects their own Creator. don't even get me started on how ironic and contradictory most of their "ethics" are. but i don't expect much from them, none of us should. obviously there has to be a chemical imbalance there for you to reject the Almighty. it's the muslims i have a problem with who will engage in this sort of stuff and are just as confused as the kaafirs. may Allah guide them.

also, regarding your second post, are you saying that the only reason people are arguing against female foeticide is due to the fact that they are feminists? you seem to be suggesting that but you forget that 1) a male foeticide would probably never occur because i don't think there is any culture in which men are considered a liability and 2) female foeticide is something which has existed for centuries, well before any modern-world feminist movement hence it's not simply a new concern. of course no type of foeticide is correct, but if you see female foeticide being practiced much more prevalently, you should, as a muslim, have a problem with it if the Prophet did. no room for arguments there, if it is a concern which has been exclusively recognized and addressed by Allah and His Prophet, we should also recognize it as a huge problem and speak up against it. you can be against foeticide in general and then also against female foeticide because both are related but are separate concerns.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    Please read my previous post. There is is nothing sensationalist about it, nor anything to do with atheists or feminists (indeed quite the opposite, in the latter case). These fetuses are being aborted because they are female. That is whole point of the story. Were, for some reason, it male babies that were seen as less desirable or unwanted the 'hoop-la' would be exactly the same.
    Mad_scientist was responding to the flow of discussion stemming from this:
    format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    Don't these fools realise that females are necessary to continue a species?
    Clearly, LauraS was emphasizing the female status of the babies being aborted.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no religion is not culture, there can be cultural practices which have nothing to do with religion. of course, MOST of culture is in fact religion (or a mix of many religions), but the sad thing is that culture nowadays, is not derived from the RIGHT religion (Islam) and is too mixed in with kaafir religions. for example, look at countries with large populations of muslims who technically should have a culture which is mostly practices derived from Islam and then some things which have nothing to do with Islam i guess, like lets say how they choose to irrigate their plants, that can be a cultural difference as well, but i digress, but nowadays what you have instead is societies which have cultures which are messed up versions of 10 different religions together. like muslims in southeast asia will discriminate against girls (hence the foeticide), dark-skinned individuals, those of a "lower caste", people with disabilities, of a certain socioeconomic class, but those are all hindu practices (dowries, "untouchables", castes, wedding rituals etc.), which have been picked up by muslims, and they are a part of the culture, but they have nothing to do with Islam whatsoever. same with muslims in the west or even countries like egypt etc. they have picked up kaafir practices. since culture is something which is so prone to mixing and fabrications, it's so dynamic, anyone can start a new cultural practice, hence we cannot say religion IS culture, because as we know as muslims, religion is not something which is up for change, hence it cannot be equated to culture itself which IS so prone to change. i get what you are saying though, but they are two different distinct entities. religion is a huge part of culture, but culture has a lot in it that has nothing to do with religion, especially the right religion, which is Islam. hence we cannot and should not allow culture to override our Islam because Islam is a way of life in itself and as our Allah has said, He has "completed" our religion for us. so we should not allow some cultural practices which are derived from other religions, or cultural practices which are not influenced by religion (seemingly "harmless" practices) to rule over our Islam because that is just opening the door wide open to bidaah. if culture denies us something halal, we should go against the culture, because if it's saying something that is halal is wrong, then the culture is unIslamic and we would be wrong to follow it. and vice versa of course, which is why foeticide is wrong even though culture says it's ok. secondly, i don't know if i agree with this view that if you are a person who is pro-abortion, that you should also be pro-female infanticide. that is to say that if you are evil, you must be evil to the highest degree. a pro-abortion person, who is Islamically incorrect by virtue of their stance, is more correct when compared to someone who is a pro-abortion AND pro-female infanticide lunatic. two wrongs don't make a right. it's difficult to say what is ethical and what is not, but that is the point, athiests and kuffar are just confused about their own ethics and can't be consistent, but consistency can't be expected from someone who rejects their own Creator. don't even get me started on how ironic and contradictory most of their "ethics" are. but i don't expect much from them, none of us should. obviously there has to be a chemical imbalance there for you to reject the Almighty. it's the muslims i have a problem with who will engage in this sort of stuff and are just as confused as the kaafirs. may Allah guide them. also, regarding your second post, are you saying that the only reason people are arguing against female foeticide is due to the fact that they are feminists? you seem to be suggesting that but you forget that 1) a male foeticide would probably never occur because i don't think there is any culture in which men are considered a liability and 2) female foeticide is something which has existed for centuries, well before any modern-world feminist movement hence it's not simply a new concern. of course no type of foeticide is correct, but if you see female foeticide being practiced much more prevalently, you should, as a muslim, have a problem with it if the Prophet did. no room for arguments there, if it is a concern which has been exclusively recognized and addressed by Allah and His Prophet, we should also recognize it as a huge problem and speak up against it. you can be against foeticide in general and then also against female foeticide because both are related but are separate concerns.

brother, Mad_scientist agrees with all your points. He made that sarcastic devil's advocate point to show how hypocritical the atheists in this forums are. If only you read all the previous posts of these atheists, then you will understand.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no religion is not culture, there can be cultural practices which have nothing to do with religion. of course, MOST of culture is in fact religion (or a mix of many religions), but the sad thing is that culture nowadays, is not derived from the RIGHT religion (Islam) and is too mixed in with kaafir religions. for example, look at countries with large populations of muslims who technically should have a culture which is mostly practices derived from Islam and then some things which have nothing to do with Islam i guess, like lets say how they choose to irrigate their plants, that can be a cultural difference as well, but i digress, but nowadays what you have instead is societies which have cultures which are messed up versions of 10 different religions together. like muslims in southeast asia will discriminate against girls (hence the foeticide), dark-skinned individuals, those of a "lower caste", people with disabilities, of a certain socioeconomic class, but those are all hindu practices (dowries, "untouchables", castes, wedding rituals etc.), which have been picked up by muslims, and they are a part of the culture, but they have nothing to do with Islam whatsoever. same with muslims in the west or even countries like egypt etc. they have picked up kaafir practices.

since culture is something which is so prone to mixing and fabrications, it's so dynamic, anyone can start a new cultural practice, hence we cannot say religion IS culture, because as we know as muslims, religion is not something which is up for change, hence it cannot be equated to culture itself which IS so prone to change. i get what you are saying though, but they are two different distinct entities. religion is a huge part of culture, but culture has a lot in it that has nothing to do with religion, especially the right religion, which is Islam. hence we cannot and should not allow culture to override our Islam because Islam is a way of life in itself and as our Allah has said, He has "completed" our religion for us. so we should not allow some cultural practices which are derived from other religions, or cultural practices which are not influenced by religion (seemingly "harmless" practices) to rule over our Islam because that is just opening the door wide open to bidaah. if culture denies us something halal, we should go against the culture, because if it's saying something that is halal is wrong, then the culture is unIslamic and we would be wrong to follow it. and vice versa of course, which is why foeticide is wrong even though culture says it's ok.

secondly, i don't know if i agree with this view that if you are a person who is pro-abortion, that you should also be pro-female infanticide. that is to say that if you are evil, you must be evil to the highest degree. a pro-abortion person, who is Islamically incorrect by virtue of their stance, is more correct when compared to someone who is a pro-abortion AND pro-female infanticide lunatic. two wrongs don't make a right. it's difficult to say what is ethical and what is not, but that is the point, athiests and kuffar are just confused about their own ethics and can't be consistent, but consistency can't be expected from someone who rejects their own Creator. don't even get me started on how ironic and contradictory most of their "ethics" are. but i don't expect much from them, none of us should. obviously there has to be a chemical imbalance there for you to reject the Almighty. it's the muslims i have a problem with who will engage in this sort of stuff and are just as confused as the kaafirs. may Allah guide them.

also, regarding your second post, are you saying that the only reason people are arguing against female foeticide is due to the fact that they are feminists? you seem to be suggesting that but you forget that 1) a male foeticide would probably never occur because i don't think there is any culture in which men are considered a liability and 2) female foeticide is something which has existed for centuries, well before any modern-world feminist movement hence it's not simply a new concern. of course no type of foeticide is correct, but if you see female foeticide being practiced much more prevalently, you should, as a muslim, have a problem with it if the Prophet did. no room for arguments there, if it is a concern which has been exclusively recognized and addressed by Allah and His Prophet, we should also recognize it as a huge problem and speak up against it. you can be against foeticide in general and then also against female foeticide because both are related but are separate concerns.
    Just because there are no cultures that you are aware of in which males are not a liability does not mean such a thing does not occur. Maybe it occurs on a far away planet inhabited by a species similar to us?

I never suggested that female foeticide is a issue only after the feminist movement. What I said was that feminist oriented among medical ethicists find it is FINE for mothers to abort because a fetus is dependent on mother and hence mother has a say in aborting it or not but then at the same time they are against selective abortion of female fetuses on the basis that it is undesirable by parents. I smell hypocrisy here. Dictating parents what they should do while allowing them to abort fetuses in the first place!

So as a Muslim, I am not concerned with abortion of just female fetuses. I am concerned with abortion itself. Whether it is more in male fetuses or female fetuses, I do not care because death of 10 female fetuses is no different from death of 1 male fetus or death of 1 female fetus is no different from death of 10 male fetuses. Regarding Quran's reference to burial of daughters alive, mind you, they were not fetuses. Secondly, not all Arabs practiced it. Thirdly, its a specific ruling which applies to Arabs in the sense that not all cultures "bury their daughters alive." they kill by different means.

Regarding culture, I think it is very shallow to say that all those unethical practices among South East Asian Muslims are from Hinduism. Hinduism is not an immoral religion. Yes, those caste things are there but then there are many many Hindus who disagree for centuries with those parts of their religious scriptures.

Can you tell/show me any Muslim who is not effected by his culture? A white revert to Islam interprets some things in Islam according to his culture/background/way of thinking. A brown Muslim interprets some things in Islam according to his background. So does a black Muslim. There is no vacuum in which all are the same. Such a utopian idealistic reality never existed, not even during Prophet's time. Even Sahaaba (as) differed hugely with each other on many issues because of their different sub-cultures, etiquette, ways of thinking, education level etc.
    Last edited by CosmicPathos; 05-24-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    Female Foeticide

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Female Foeticide Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Female Foeticide