× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1870

"Those of us who walk in the light" - orgin?

Considering's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

One of my earliest memories of Islam is seeing a biography or news story about Cat Stevens on TV as a child. I remember him using the phrase "those of us who walk in the light".

It really struck me and I've always remembered that phrase. Does anyone know the origin?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: "Those of us who walk in the light" - orgin?

I'm not sure if this was before or after he embraced Islam. And not having read or seen the story, I have no idea in what context it was said. And no idea if it was based on any of the following:

"Is he who was dead and We have raised him unto life, and set for him a light whereby he walks among men, like him whose similitude is in utter darkness from which he cannot emerge? Thus is their conduct made fairseeming for the disbelievers." (Translation of Qur'an, 6:122)

"So is one whose breast Allah has expanded to [accept] Islam and he is upon a light from his Lord [like one whose heart rejects it]? Then woe to those whose hearts are hardened against the remembrance of Allah. Those are in manifest error." (Translation of Qur'an 39:22)

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things." (Translation of Qur'an 24:35)

Peace.

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! "Those of us who walk in the light" - orgin? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. "Those of us who walk in the light" - orgin?