× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2345

White pupils less tolerant, survey shows

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I found a interesting article to share. It is quite old (2006) but I never came across it until now.

What do members think?

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: White pupils less tolerant, survey shows

I thought it had something to do with eyes lol

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Salaam,

Eyes?

Anyway, the article raises many questions. Why did the government not mention anything about some people pupils being less tolerant? Why do some white pupils feel this way?

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post

I found a interesting article to share. It is quite old (2006) but I never came across it until now.

What do members think?
    Its not do with the fact they're white, more to do with the fact that they feel they are the natives of this country and anyone who is not like them is seen as inferior. Its just like how some arabs think they're superior to the non-arabs entering their country.

33 43 1 - White pupils less tolerant, survey shows
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen View Post
    I thought it had something to do with eyes lol

So did I!
    And I was like alhamdulillah I have black pupils!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    Its not do with the fact they're white, more to do with the fact that they feel they are the natives of this country and anyone who is not like them is seen as inferior. Its just like how some arabs think they're superior to the non-arabs entering their country.
    I agree, a person's colour of skin does not determine their personality. I find it interesting many students still view themselves as superior. I wonder what causes people to feel superior.

Most white people I met are very welcoming.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan View Post

So did I!
    And I was like alhamdulillah I have black pupils!
    Oh I get it now.

chat Quote

Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The only thing skin colo(u)r tells me is how close to the equator someone's ancestors lived. That's it.

I judge people based on how they treat me, not what they look like or how they worship.
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    salaam

I agree

peace

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: White pupils less tolerant, survey shows

While Im a white american not british I blame society being less tolerant on the far right groups like the bnp the nf and the edl these groups are very anti Islam/ anti Muslim while it may be true that many White people hold anti Islamic views this has nothing to do with skin color but more to do with religion many Western Christians maybe even Eastern Christians who are white feel Islam is overtaking Christianity in my opinion this is not a bad thing but maybe ever since the Crusades Christians have felt threatened by Islam and Muslims taking over what they call Christian lands I would hope that people who have darker skin I would hope that they don't blame all white british people for the actions of groups like the bnp I for one have had friends of all colors or races black asian and or chinese I like Women of all races and skin colors all colors are beautiful I say this as a male I just hope humans can get past racism nationalism and tribalism I believe it will happen.
    Last edited by truthseeker63; 07-12-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post

I agree, a person's colour of skin does not determine their personality. I find it interesting many students still view themselves as superior. I wonder what causes people to feel superior.

Most white people I met are very welcoming.
    I think in the case of UK, you have so many immigrants who come here who can't speak English properly, can't integrate properly and have alien cultural traits which might be looked down upon by english people - the majority of whom are white. That's why I say its not to do with the fact they're white.

33 43 1 - White pupils less tolerant, survey shows
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! White pupils less tolerant, survey shows Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. White pupils less tolerant, survey shows