× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 28 visibility 4528

Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)

Report bad ads?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...1.html#s304778

sob7an Allah.. whenever I see stuff like this I get so angry about all those imprisoned falsely by the spawn of the devil.. So much for humanitarian laws, and no guilt without trial..
    anyhow check out the art work of our brothers..
    number 18 is my favorite..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)

وَلَا تَهِنُوا فِي ابْتِغَاءِ الْقَوْمِ ۖ إِنْ تَكُونُوا تَأْلَمُونَ فَإِنَّهُمْ يَأْلَمُونَ كَمَا تَأْلَمُونَ ۖ وَتَرْجُونَ مِنَ اللَّهِ مَا لَا يَرْجُونَ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا {104}
    [Pickthal 4:104] Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. If ye are suffering, lo! they suffer even as ye suffer and ye hope from Allah that for which they cannot hope. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)

chat Quote

Kitsune92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow, those are really good! I guess that's what happens when you have a lot of free time... My favorite was 17.
    chat Quote

Haya emaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    death...chasing u!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SUBHANALLAH!... beautiful imaginations of innocent souls.. MASHAALLAH!

HIJAB IS MY PRIDE
    my hijab2 v01 by yip87 1 - Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    MustafaMc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I liked #8. I am glad that someone remembers these oppressed people.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is my favorite, though:

Fitzsimmons recalls a guard admitting that the detainees have a lot of free time.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The images shared with the public are surprisingly benign. Do the detainees really channel most of their creative energy into quiet landscapes filled with dunes and minarets? Or are we only seeing the tip of the iceberg, with violent, personal imagery hidden below the surface and unreleased?
    What did they expect? that the inmates would draw bombs? or human strapped with explosives?
    Did they not realize the inmates have not been any trials, and hence are supposed innocent?
    Would any random person who is plucked straight from the street and put in in jail disconnected from anyone and anything start to draw explosives and bombs?
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan View Post

What did they expect? that the inmates would draw bombs? or human strapped with explosives?
    Did they not realize the inmates have not been any trials, and hence are supposed innocent?
    Would any random person who is plucked straight from the street and put in in jail disconnected from anyone and anything start to draw explosives and bombs?
    They'll do anything to foster the idea that those people are 'really bad' 'axis of evil' individuals, in reality they echo only their Psyche, their rabid never satisfied hedonistic selves, their own lack of beliefs in those so called principles they love to tout. I am pretty sure the only reason they gave them any painting supplies at all is out of hope that it would be revealing like a story telling tat test. We've failed our brothers and sisters from Palestine to Gitmo and the least we can do is offer them our du3a, it is the lowest form of iman at this stage-- may Allah swt give us back the upper hand and render them the rabid hate, war and fear mongering turds that they're until they're consumed by their own ills!

chat Quote

ابن آل مرة's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

اللهم فك اسر إخواننا المأسورين

اللهم فك آسرهم

اللهم شد آزرهم

اللهم ثبتهم علي أيمانهم

اللهم اجعل التمكين لهم

اللهم عليك بمن يعذبونهم

Just few days ago, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Ahmad was arrested in Dammam, he was calling for releasing the innocent prisoners held in Riyadh and other cities..to a point he got really frustrated and made a video message directing Abdullah al Saud..Please make dua for his release and release of thousands other Mashaikh from prisons of Hijaz. Najd and other areas.

| Likes جوري liked this post

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought Obama was supposed to shut down Gitmo? So why is it still there, and why are these brothers still being held without trial?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M. View Post
    اللهم فك اسر إخواننا المأسورين

اللهم فك آسرهم

اللهم شد آزرهم

اللهم ثبتهم علي أيمانهم

اللهم اجعل التمكين لهم

اللهم عليك بمن يعذبونهم

Just few days ago, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Ahmad was arrested in Dammam, he was calling for releasing the innocent prisoners held in Riyadh and other cities..to a point he got really frustrated and made a video message directing Abdullah al Saud..Please make dua for his release and release of thousands other Mashaikh from prisons of Hijaz. Najd and other areas.

Ameen to the du3a..
    I had three disturbing dreams about KSA.. one dream I was in Makkah in time for pilgrimage and all the ground was covered with the American eagle and the Saudi flag which I wanted to remove so people won't step with their feet on la illah ila Allah,
    and the last dream was the worse of all, where the people of Saudi Arabia were standing on the streets in protest of the ruling party, and all of a sudden these scantily clad foreigners from England and other western countries with would turn on the radio with Quranic recitations to drown the voices of the people and to make them believe that they have no right to protest..

I am very disturbed by the state of affairs of Muslims.. But I do pray and on a level believe that all the uprising in the middle east will bring about true khilafah insha'Allah.. I don't know if it is the immediate thing and I have seen enough people while I was there trying to nip in the bud all the positive change, truly they do great fasaad fi al ard but Allah swt is all seeing and with our sincere hope for change and striving for it, all their efforts will prove a great loss to them insha'Allah..

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    Ameen to the du3a..
    I had three disturbing dreams about KSA.. one dream I was in Makkah in time for pilgrimage and all the ground was covered with the American eagle and the Saudi flag which I wanted to remove so people won't step with their feet on la illah ila Allah,
    and the last dream was the worse of all, where the people of Saudi Arabia were standing on the streets in protest of the ruling party, and all of a sudden these scantily clad foreigners from England and other western countries with would turn on the radio with Quranic recitations to drown the voices of the people and to make them believe that they have no right to protest..

I am very disturbed by the state of affairs of Muslims.. But I do pray and on a level believe that all the uprising in the middle east will bring about true khilafah insha'Allah.. I don't know if it is the immediate thing and I have seen enough people while I was there trying to nip in the bud all the positive change, truly they do great fasaad fi al ard but Allah swt is all seeing and with our sincere hope for change and striving for it, all their efforts will prove a great loss to them insha'Allah..

What I find interesting (and disturbing) is the stance of the US government on the Arab Spring. They very quickly moved to support the uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia and hung their old allies out to dry. They have repeatedly condemned the Syrian government's brutal crackdown of the protests there. Yet they turned a blind eye to the uprising in Bahrain and allowed the Saudis to send troops to help the Bahraini king brutally put down the revolt there.

And we wonder why the Arab world hates us and does not trust the USA, if this is how we treat our so-called "allies". No Muslim leader in their right mind would or should ally themselves with the USA.
    chat Quote

ابن آل مرة's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What happened in Bahrain was good, the Rafidha were uprising to seek control backed by Iranian Mut'ah loving Ayatollahs..And don't think that I support the King in Bahrain either, they should be removed and the Ahl As-Sunnah should have control. I have a friend who lives in Bahrain, is a sunni, and he was brutally beaten during the protests by the Shias, his masjid was attacked, so was the mu`azzin. InshaAllah if I have free time in future I will dedicate a thread to expose the realtity in Bahrain protests. In mean time this the youtube channel of my friend in Bahrain, must watch videos, very beneficial information regarding Shias in Bahrain..

http://www.youtube.com/user/amskhan2007

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post

Ameen to the du3a..

Wa 'alaykum salam

Those are some horrific dreams sister, inshaAllah we will never witness such disgusting events in Baytillah al Haraam..I ask Allah to make a way for a Khilafa to rise, from Afghanistan to Yemen to Shaam. Many of the Ulamaah have said and predicted that the protests could be a sign for a establishment of Imaarah.

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرً

إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
    Last edited by ابن آل مرة; 07-14-2011 at 10:09 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I knew that the Bahraini protestors were primarily Shia, but are they not brothers and sisters of Islam as well? That's what I was getting at, the hyprocracy of the West in supporting one Islamic uprising while simultaneously condemning another.

I confess that I don't really understand this whole Sunni vs. Shia thing.

I'll check out the YouTube videos when I get a chance. Maybe learn a little something today...
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It makes me so sad these people are being held and their human rights violated.

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines View Post
    What I find interesting (and disturbing) is the stance of the US government on the Arab Spring. They very quickly moved to support the uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia and hung their old allies out to dry.
    I knew that the Bahraini protestors were primarily Shia, but are they not brothers and sisters of Islam as well? That's what I was getting at, the hyprocracy of the West in supporting one Islamic uprising while simultaneously condemning another.
    They didn't support the uprisings with allies, they just said the minimum they had to. In the case of Egypt they were saying how good Mubarak was up until almost the moment he stepped down. Once they knew he was overthrown and there was no way back they decided to change sides and support the revolution.
    Last edited by Dagless; 07-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.

chat Quote

ProudMuslimSis's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is so frustrating...wish we could all do something about it!

By the way, I noticed the following comments below the pictures page:
    Oh, is that still open?! I thought Obama was going to shut that down...and not extend Bush tax cuts...and pull out of iraq/afgha*nistan....
    And, the below question made me wonder if these are really artworks of prisoners or are they still being tortured in the name of US national security, and this is a ploy to make us believe that they are ok.
    OK, am I missing something here? I thought Muslims were not suposed to depict any kind of living thing in their artwork. That is why on all the beautiful tyle work and other decoration of houses and buildings there are only geometric patterns. No people, no animals, no flowers, nothing that would resemble things that man used in his everyday life. Was I miss informed?
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis View Post
    And, the below question made me wonder if these are really artworks of prisoners or are they still being tortured in the name of US national security, and this is a ploy to make us believe that they are ok.
    But there were no pictures of animate beings?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
    But there were no pictures of animate beings?

indeed there is no problem in depicting inanimate objects and even fish..

and Allah swt knows best

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M. View Post
    What happened in Bahrain was good, the Rafidha were uprising to seek control backed by Iranian Mut'ah loving Ayatollahs..And don't think that I support the King in Bahrain either, they should be removed and the Ahl As-Sunnah should have control. I have a friend who lives in Bahrain, is a sunni, and he was brutally beaten during the protests by the Shias, his masjid was attacked, so was the mu`azzin. InshaAllah if I have free time in future I will dedicate a thread to expose the realtity in Bahrain protests. In mean time this the youtube channel of my friend in Bahrain, must watch videos, very beneficial information regarding Shias in Bahrain..

http://www.youtube.com/user/amskhan2007

Wa 'alaykum salam

Those are some horrific dreams sister, inshaAllah we will never witness such disgusting events in Baytillah al Haraam..I ask Allah to make a way for a Khilafa to rise, from Afghanistan to Yemen to Shaam. Many of the Ulamaah have said and predicted that the protests could be a sign for a establishment of Imaarah.

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرً

إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
    ameen ya rabb.. You know what is even more disturbing? When I was in the middle east a week ago I was shocked to learn how many of my extended family are down right secularists, they were hijab, they pray but they're still stuck in that era, this is a youth movement anyway, they're the new inheritors and they want Islam.. I am so disappointed with my father's generation (not my father but his generation) really made me believe that WE Muslims are 'ghurba'a' and that Islam is indeed ghareeban kama kan even at its birth places

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What I find interesting (and disturbing) is the stance of the US government on the Arab Spring. They very quickly moved to support the uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia and hung their old allies out to dry. They have repeatedly condemned the Syrian government's brutal crackdown of the protests there. Yet they turned a blind eye to the uprising in Bahrain and allowed the Saudis to send troops to help the Bahraini king brutally put down the revolt there.

And we wonder why the Arab world hates us and does not trust the USA, if this is how we treat our so-called "allies". No Muslim leader in their right mind would or should ally themselves with the USA.
    those leaders and their western counterparts are made of the same cloth.. The west might feign not wanting them but believe me when I tell you, I was just there where the protests are, and there are people sent to ensure that the same type leadership and same ideology remains controlling the masses.. It doesn't matter if it is Hosni Mubarak or mighty mouse just so long as it carries the western agenda for that region!

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Artwork By Inmates From The Guantanamo Bay Detention Center (PHOTOS)