× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 2238

Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The Huffington Post Mark Hanrahan

Concerns are being raised about the lack of regulation of sperm donors in the United States, after one anonymous man was found to have fathered 150 children under the current system.
    The New York Times reports on the case of Cynthia Daily, who used a sperm donor to conceive a child seven years ago.
    Ms. Daily searched a Web-based registry for other children fathered by the same donor and helped to create an online group to track them. Over the years, she watched the number of children in her son's group grow... Today there are 150 children.
    Such profligate procreation can lead to problems for the children born of donors. Children who were born from the same sperm donor could unknowingly become involved in an incestous relationship with someone that they did not know was a half-sibling.
    CBS News' Health Pop reports that the risk of incest is not the only problem:
    The revelations also raise fears that children from the same donor could share disease-causing genes that can spread through the population.
    While many European countries have rules in place that limits the number of children a single donor can father, no such rules exist in the United States. Business Insider quotes Debora L. Spar, president of Barnard College:
    "We have more rules that go into place when you buy a used car than when you buy sperm."
    Jezebel says that the motivation behind allowing donors to father so many children comes down to profit, as sperm banks can make a lot of money selling the sperm of an attractive donor to many women.
    The International Business Times sums it up by saying:
    The issue seems to be one of perceived quality, not quantity. In sperm, as in life, some specimens are simply more attractive than others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...1_lnk3%7C93085

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children

Nothing is wrong with incest, it is progressive so is homosexuality, extra and pre marital relationships, men becoming women and loads of illegitimate children out of wedlock and everything in between.. Just so long as we agree that Islam is 7c and barbaric!

News like this really make me shrug my shoulder in awe of the world we live in..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children

chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You think that's bad, look at this article you might feel sick.

Seedy or special? We look into the growing phenomenon of open relationships

Many men went into a bit of frenzy when filtered told a German magazine that, "I doubt that fidelity is absolutely essential for a relationship."

First off, it means we've all still got a chance with the world's filtered , . And failing that, it also means that some women really are willing to consider the possibility of an open relationship.

In a nutshell, an open relationship means having one significant other, but still being able to sleep with other women. The downside is that, if you demand that freedom, your significant other has the right to demand it too.

So could you handle an open relationship? We talked to the experts to get the low-down. Here's what to expect.

Better to be open than unfaithful

27% of men were unfaithful in their last relationship, research shows
    If you don't think open relationships are normal or natural, consider this. According to research, 95% of couples value monogamy, but a study by Washington State University found that, among their subjects, 27% of men and 18% of women had been unfaithful during their last relationship. Other studies show a much narrower gap between male and female infidelity.

What's more, statistics show that 10% of children in Britain are being brought up by men who think they're the biological father - but aren't.

In other words, seedy on-the-side filtered is pretty rife anyway, so wouldn't it be better - at least for some couples - to be honest about their desires and agree to an open relationship?

I didn't wanna post the rest of the article, it's on MSN news thingy. But 10% of British children are being fathered by men who aren't the real father and the fathers think they are. I found that quite disturbing.

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that's indeed disturbing and extremely hypocritical to say the least.. I'd comment more except I was out in the rain today, I vomited three times since I have been home and generally feel like I have been hit in all my muscles at once by a freight train smiley sick green 1 - Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Carry an Umbrella with you from now on
    | Likes جوري liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen View Post
    Carry an Umbrella with you from now on
    I was inside the car except for the times I had to run our for errands
    photoslg - Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children

we've been hit by earthquakes, hurricanes and flooding lol.. al7mdlillah may Allah swt keep all Muslims safe from harm ameen
    | Likes Salahudeen liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That looks like some intense rain!! no wonder you got ill.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That looks like some intense rain!! no wonder you got ill.
    yeah two mins out and you're soaking and it was extremely windy I was air borne for a while ...

chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait, the U.S. doesn't have any regulations on sperm donors? I was reading on how it's also becoming a booming business, too. Not that I was considering it or anything, LOL.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
    Wait, the U.S. doesn't have any regulations on sperm donors? I was reading on how it's also becoming a booming business, too. Not that I was considering it or anything, LOL.
    Is it true they pay for you for donations?

chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wouldn't know but then it wouldn't be considered a donation then. It's just a euphemism for calling it sperm sale.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm sure some of those children he fathered will marry each other.
    That's some civilization for you, and that which makes some of non-muslims really proud.

Alhamdulillah, Allah SWT has given us guidance in the Qur'an and sunnah which prevent those sick situation, among others: rules on marrying and rules on adoption.
    | Likes جوري, Salahudeen, marwen liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

of course they pay you, not as much as egg donations though which are in the thousands.. those women who donate their eggs I wish they'd know of the cancer risk or worst yet for many how early it will end their career as far as being able to bear children. Women are only born with so many eggs and taking hormones to produce not one but ten or so at a time makes them go through a ten year supply in a month!

chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sperm Donor System Under Scrutiny After Donor Fathers 150 Children