× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 56 visibility 6427

Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

MSalman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Proud Islamist
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

Report bad ads?

Reports indicate a rise in sexual abuse of Iraqi women following the US-led invasion of the country in 2003, saying female trafficking has become a growing business.

In her article, published by Inter Press Service (IPS) news agency on August 27, Rebecca Murray noted how prostitution and sex trafficking have become “epidemic in Iraq” during the post-invasion military occupation of the country by US-led forces.

In the past eight years, the country has been witnessing unrelenting violence and deadly terror attacks which smashed “national institutions, impoverished the population and torn apart families and neighborhoods.”

"Wars and conflicts, wherever they are fought, invariably usher in sickeningly high level of violence against women and girls," Murray cited an Amnesty International statement as saying.

The article told the story of Rania, who fell victim of Iraqi officials' sexual assault at 16, during a 1991 brutal crackdown on Iraq's Shia south by executed dictator Saddam Hussein.

Outcast Rania escaped to Baghdad and ended up as a sex trafficker's deputy after living and working in Baghdad's brothels for a while.

She describes female trafficking a lucrative business in Iraq, saying many virgin teenage girls are sold for around 5,000 dollars, and trafficked to destinations like northern Iraq, Syria and the United Arab Emirates.

After being arrested six years ago by US forces on charges of abetting terrorism, Rania was sent to jail in Baghdad's al-Kadimiyah detention and finally ended up as an undercover researcher for a women support group she got to know in prison.

In one of her harrowing findings, Rania and two other girls discovered a house in Baghdad's al-Jihad district, where girls as young as 16 were held to cater exclusively to the US military personnel.

The brothel's owner told Rania that an Iraqi interpreter employed by the Americans served as the dealer, transporting girls to and from the US airport base.

Before the Persian Gulf War in 1991, Iraq enjoyed the highest female literacy rate across the Middle East, and more Iraqi women were employed in skilled professions, like medicine and education, than in any other country in the region.

Norwegian Church Aid report last year highlighted “the US-led war and the chaos it has generated” among other factors giving rise to mounting prostitution in Iraq.
    Source

Ya Allah! This is what they have done to our sisters. May Allah protect the blood, honour and wealth of Muslims. May Allah destroy these kuffaar & their allies and throw them in lowest part of hell, ameen.
    | Likes ba51th liked this post

Fi Amanillah
    Wa As-Salāmu 'Alaykum
    Islamic-Life
    Bringing Da'wah back..to life!

عن تميم بن أوس الداري أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: قال الدين النصيحة ثلاثا قلنا لمن يا رسول الله قال لله ولكتابه ولرسوله ولأئمة المسلمين وعامتهم - رواه مسلم

2. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

Well, This is how The US is trying to "liberate" iraqi women and empower them, no?

the US govt and military know very well that these iraqi women just cannot wait to sell their bodies and really enjoy dehumanising themselves for few dollars. so hooray!

Maybe the iraqi women shouldn't charge the US military personnels since they've built schools and roads and this is the least they can thank the liberators.

(just in case anyone got upset, it's sarcasm because I couldn't express how sick it all is)

Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I..... don't know what to say.

I am ashamed to call myself an American.

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines View Post

Please don't be. Every nationality has good and bad people in it.
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 09-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    | Likes Tyrion liked this post

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3 View Post

Please don't be. Every nationality has good and bad people in it.

I know this, but lately I find myself more and more at odds with who I used to be. I find myself ashamed to be born where I was. I've always said that I was born in the wrong century and now I think maybe I was born in the wrong place as well...

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No need to be ashamed. You did nothing wrong. Nationality has nothing to do with this either.
    | Likes marwen liked this post

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know this, but lately I find myself more and more at odds with who I used to be. I find myself ashamed to be born where I was. I've always said that I was born in the wrong century and now I think maybe I was born in the wrong place as well...
    It's not your fault though. It's like us, Muslims always apologizing for 9/11, but we weren't responsible for it.

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    It's not your fault though. It's like us, Muslims always apologizing for 9/11, but we weren't responsible for it.
    he is a Muslim.
    and he hates the deed and speaks out against it,

the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said:

whoever sees an evil deed should stop it with his hand,
    if he cannot, he should stop it with his tongue (ie. try to convince them to stop / speak against it to the community )
    if he cannot, he should stop it with his heart (and pray to God Almighty from deep down and hate the deed)
    and that is the weakest part of faith.

the brother has hated it, and speaks against it, making him better than many, but we all have shortcomings and obstacles, maybe a day will come when he's well grounded in knowledge and able to discern, and is in a position to forcefully prevent it from happening like 'Umar (ra) did when he became a leader of the community.

you have a lot to be ashamed of and so do we all, myself included, not just people of American origin but people of this earth, in that we have not yet established justice in the land so that this sort of thing can never happen.

2dvls74 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

2vw9341 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There was a time in my life when I was ashamed to be white as well. I bought into the whole "apologist for slavery" movement. I tried to adopt another race for my own, and of course that was never going to work. I was never going to be accepted into that community no matter how much of their language I knew at the time.

The real problem was that I hated myself and so I was an easy target for that mentality. These days I have more confidence and awareness, and so I am less apt to fall victim to that kind of propaganda.

That being said, I do get annoyed and angry sometimes when I get targeted (unfairly) because of my race and religion. I never owned any slaves. I am never going to own any slaves. It happened 200 years ago. Get over it already.

So apparently I am a traitor to the white race now too because I adopted "that Arab religion".

I'll take that one. I'd rather be a man without a country now anyway...

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I understand hating the deed and speaking out against it. But we shouldn't be apologizing for it. Those men took and twisted Islam and used it for horrible reasons. Just as some Americans are doing as well. Our occupation is horrible, and we should speak out against it. We should raise awareness of the situation at hand. However we shouldn't feel ashamed of something we don't have immediate control over.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Waliakumsalaam,

I have noticed there has been an increase of racism towards white people from ethnic minorities. It makes me sick because it is seen as culturally acceptable from my experience.

Anyway, people have always used past suffering to their advantage. The Israeli government uses the holocaust to justify their mistreatment of Palestinians.

I just hope Muslims do not end up like that and use past sufferings to their advantage.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post
    ^ Waliakumsalaam,

I have noticed there has been an increase of racism towards white people from ethnic minorities. It makes me sick because it is seen as culturally acceptable from my experience.

Anyway, people have always used past suffering to their advantage. The Israeli government uses the holocaust to justify their mistreatment of Palestinians.

I just hope Muslims do not end up like that and use past sufferings to their advantage.

I have actually met minorities who have told me that they can't be racist. This justifies their attitude because "I can't be racist. I'm black/brown/Asian."

Wait a minute. If we're all equal (as you all claim to be whenever white people insult you), then either we're all racist or we're all not. There is no picking and choosing who is racist and who isn't.

This is just another reason I am the Angry White Guy. I despise racism in all forms just as I despise political correctness and justification of reverse racism.

That is a lovely sig cake, btw.
    | Likes GuestFellow liked this post

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know it isn't my favorite.. and I am fasting today it failed to excite me.. prefer a lady M crepe with a sharp cup of joe for today
    millecrepe - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq
    | Likes GuestFellow liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have actually met minorities who have told me that they can't be racist. This justifies their attitude because "I can't be racist. I'm black/brown/Asian."

Wait a minute. If we're all equal (as you all claim to be whenever white people insult you), then either we're all racist or we're all not. There is no picking and choosing who is racist and who isn't.

This is just another reason I am the Angry White Guy. I despise racism in all forms just as I despise political correctness and justification of reverse racism.

Those people don't know what racism means. Again they are playing the victim and using past sufferings to justify their argument. It's pretty pathetic.

I find positive discrimination even more annoying and dumb.

I love this cake too!!!

18. Report bad ads?
    Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but then we must understand that people not well grounded in knowledge do tend to push back in irrational ways,
    i was guilty of it myself, i was only about 20 back then (10 years ago),
    i would see all this hate on the tvand leaflets through the door from bnp etc while at the same time the media was heavily pushing the anti-Muslim thing.
    it enraged me despite not being a practising Muslim (rather far from it) and i began to hate all whites,
    and because my main source of Islam was the bbc who made it out that it's a virtue for Muslims to blow up innocents and apologists on tv who said people resisting illegal occupation were extremists, i began to feel that these 9/11 type attacks were justified (i didn't know it was a false flag event at the time, or that Islam forbade the killing of innocents - i just disagreed with the bbc and thought if they're against it - it must be right, or if they're for it - it must be wrong - nor was i too aware of reverse psychology).
    i remember being ready to call white people any type of name and look for a fight - simply because i didn't have a solid basis of thinking and was just pushing back,
    well all that changed when i started reading the Quran at 23.

brother malcolm x is another example of how this type of thinking develops,
    he went on pilgrimage and changed totally.
    his words provoke thought

Last edited by Abz2000; 09-14-2011 at 11:33 PM.

2dvls74 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

2vw9341 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

brightness_1
    Proud Islamist
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Can we please not divert from the topic? Jazak Allah khayran

wa'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu

My beloved brother, you're a Muslim now so why are you ashamed? What do you, as a Muslim, have to do with being an American? Why are you associating yourself with these kuffaar and oppressors? Just because you happen to be born in America, it doesn't mean you are somehow associated with American nation state or such. Once you entered Islam, you left all that jahliya behind. When you entered Islam, now the dividing line isn't America vs Middle East etc anymore rather dividing line is Kuffaar vs Muslims. Now, as a Muslim, you should be proud of yourself and angry about the state of the Muslims and make dua'a for them and make dua's against their oppressors. You need to stop thinking like a nationalist and start thinking like a Muslim. A Muslim has no nation state and his allegiance, loyalty, respect, honour, shame, etc. lies with Islam & Muslims. May Allah help you learn these important aspects of tawheed & aqeedah and keep you steadfast, ameen.

Fi Amanillah
    Wa As-Salāmu 'Alaykum
    Islamic-Life

عن تميم بن أوس الداري أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: قال الدين النصيحة ثلاثا قلنا لمن يا رسول الله قال لله ولكتابه ولرسوله ولأئمة المسلمين وعامتهم - رواه مسلم

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ exactly .. it isn't like there are any places on earth free of oppression of Muslims or the poor in general..
    Asad is forcing little children to kneel to him in prayer and when they don't, they torture and kill them.. one little boy spit on his image, I am so impressed with the courage this new generation has that we could only dream of.. sob7an Allah.. I pray the world is changing for the better but I have my doubts that it is...

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

brightness_1
    Proud Islamist
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that's a sign of defeatist mind. No Muslim should be apologizing for what happened on 9/11. But then we have bunch of "moderate" Muslims who want to appease the kuffaar, become their friends, get accepted by them, get their attention etc., and some of these munafiqeen will do anything to achieve that. Do these kuffaar apologize in the public, media outlets etc of atrocities they have caused around the world, on Muslim & poor non-Muslims?

Our occupation is horrible, and we should speak out against it. We should raise awareness of the situation at hand. However we shouldn't feel ashamed of something we don't have immediate control over.
    Our occupation? Please read my reply above
    | Likes جوري, Abz2000 liked this post

Fi Amanillah
    Wa As-Salāmu 'Alaykum
    Islamic-Life

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MSalman View Post
    that's a sign of defeatist mind. No Muslim should be apologizing for what happened on 9/11. But then we have bunch of "moderate" Muslims who want to appease the kuffaar, become their friends, get accepted by them, get their attention etc., and some of these munafiqeen will do anything to achieve that. Do these kuffaar apologize in the public, media outlets etc of atrocities they have caused around the world, on Muslim & poor non-Muslims?

Our occupation? Please read my reply above

I agree with you 100% Brother MSalman. I should have stated America's occupation of the Middle East.

24. Report bad ads?
    alhamdulilaah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MSalman View Post
    Reports indicate a rise in sexual abuse of Iraqi women following the US-led invasion of the country in 2003, saying female trafficking has become a growing business.

In her article, published by Inter Press Service (IPS) news agency on August 27, Rebecca Murray noted how prostitution and sex trafficking have become “epidemic in Iraq” during the post-invasion military occupation of the country by US-led forces.

In the past eight years, the country has been witnessing unrelenting violence and deadly terror attacks which smashed “national institutions, impoverished the population and torn apart families and neighborhoods.”

"Wars and conflicts, wherever they are fought, invariably usher in sickeningly high level of violence against women and girls," Murray cited an Amnesty International statement as saying.

The article told the story of Rania, who fell victim of Iraqi officials' sexual assault at 16, during a 1991 brutal crackdown on Iraq's Shia south by executed dictator Saddam Hussein.

Outcast Rania escaped to Baghdad and ended up as a sex trafficker's deputy after living and working in Baghdad's brothels for a while.

She describes female trafficking a lucrative business in Iraq, saying many virgin teenage girls are sold for around 5,000 dollars, and trafficked to destinations like northern Iraq, Syria and the United Arab Emirates.

After being arrested six years ago by US forces on charges of abetting terrorism, Rania was sent to jail in Baghdad's al-Kadimiyah detention and finally ended up as an undercover researcher for a women support group she got to know in prison.

In one of her harrowing findings, Rania and two other girls discovered a house in Baghdad's al-Jihad district, where girls as young as 16 were held to cater exclusively to the US military personnel.

The brothel's owner told Rania that an Iraqi interpreter employed by the Americans served as the dealer, transporting girls to and from the US airport base.

Before the Persian Gulf War in 1991, Iraq enjoyed the highest female literacy rate across the Middle East, and more Iraqi women were employed in skilled professions, like medicine and education, than in any other country in the region.

Norwegian Church Aid report last year highlighted “the US-led war and the chaos it has generated” among other factors giving rise to mounting prostitution in Iraq.

After reading this, I can only say this

18.......No doubt! the curse of Allah is on the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, oppressors, etc.).
    Those who hinder (others) from the Path of Allah (Islamic Monotheism), and seek a crookedness therein, while they are disbelievers in the Hereafter.
    20. By no means will they escape (from Allah's Torment) on earth, nor have they protectors besides Allah! Their torment will be doubled! They could not bear to hear (the preachers of the truth) and they used not to see (the truth because of their severe aversin, inspite of the fact that they had the sense of hearing and sight).
    21. They are those who have
    lost their ownselves, and their invented false deities will vanish from them.
    22. Certainly, they are those who will be
    the greatest losers in the Hereafter. Surah Hud (surah no.11:18-22)

| Likes MSalman liked this post

ghb2 1 - Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Prostitution rife in US-occupied Iraq