× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1905

Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

Report bad ads?

'Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post First Posted: 9/14/11 04:03 PM ET Updated: 9/14/11 04:43 PM ET

A Muslim Texas man complained to a local restaurant after he allegedly found a "Happy September 11th" drawing inscribed on his takeout box.
    Tarek Ghalayani had gone to Petrol Station restaurant to watch a football game with a friend, ABC 13 reports. He ordered a burger to-go, and subsequently found the crude message accompanied with a drawing of a plane flying into the World Trade Center.
    Petrol Station owner Ben Fullelove fired the bartender thought to be involved after the incident occurred, according to Houston's ABC 13.
    "I just don't understand how somebody could think that's a joke. I mean, it's not a joke. It's not how I run my business," Fullelove told San Antonio's KENS 5 News.
    After leaving the restaurant, the patron recounted the incident on restaurant review site, Yelp.com, writing that the bartender called the two men foul names and continued mocking them as they walked out of the establishment, the New York Daily News points out.
    Ghalayani said he was working near the World Trade Center on 9/11 and was highly insulted by the doodle as a Muslim, but first and foremost, as an American.
    Ghalayani updated his post the next day, adding that he and Fullelove had spoken more about the incident and the owner sounded sincere in his apology. He wrote: "I am looking forward to putting this to rest - I suppose only time will tell if the changes stick. I'm hopeful they will."
    To hear more from the victim and restaurant owner, view ABC 13's report below.

http://www.aol.com/2011/09/14/muslim...1_lnk3%7C95637

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversa

another reason we should only eat halal ..you never know who's doing what to your burger.. I doubt the tasteless drawing was the only offense committed here..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

chat Quote

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversa

I'm glad he got an apology, but it's disgusting it happened in the first place.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

reading people's comments are equally upsetting.. I guess anonymity enables many to show just how deep their bigotry and inside ugliness..
    This feeling won't go away.. whenever I try to quell it a little I am made painfully aware of it through a heinous act such as above and most of the time it is almost applauded.. people are lucky if they get an apology at all.. It is as if we've to apologize to them for exiting ...

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I try to stay away from the comments. It's infuriating to read those hateful comments.
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

they both seem lost - since none of them seem to have bothered to research the facts of that day,
    That bartender seemed thick and That burger buyer guy seems confused:
    "as a Muslim, but first and foremost, as an American"
    How silly is that?
    Islam means submission to God, and America is a land that God has created.
    He holds the land in more esteem than the one who created it?
    No wonder he went to the newspapers to help them spread disinformation on 9/11, since the mass media are covering up the facts and are therefore complicit.

2dvls74 1 - Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

2vw9341 1 - Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    I try to stay away from the comments. It's infuriating to read those hateful comments.
    yep. That's what I do. Especially on youtubes. But even on the so called respectable websites, the comments just read something a 5 yo cro magnon would write.
    chat Quote

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    reading people's comments are equally upsetting.. I guess anonymity enables many to show just how deep their bigotry and inside ugliness..
    Welcome to the internet.
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Happy September 11th' Drawing Found On Muslim Man's Takeout Box On 9/11 Anniversary