× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 4937

The tulip fields of Holland.

Endymion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Spring and Roses.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs up The tulip fields of Holland.

Report bad ads?

If the sight of daffodils and other spring flowers raises your spirits after the greys of winter, why not pop across to the Netherlands and see the tulip fields in all their myriad colours? Let our gallery whet your appetite for the glory in store.

Each year, from March to May, the Dutch countryside becomes a sea of tulips, hyacinths and all manner of other flowers. Mere photos can only give a hint of the pure explosion of colour and scent all around. Amsterdam's bulb belt stretches for thirty miles from Haarlem, just outside the capital, to Leiden. Known as Bloembollenstreek – bloem is bloom or blossom, bollen is bulbs, and streek is region – it's a low land area close to the North Sea coast with a sandy soil and mild wet climate that makes it ideal for bulb cultivation.

The best way to view the sights is to rent a bike and cycle, maybe along the trail that links Oude Wetering and Gouda, or the one from Gouda to Willemstad where there is the attraction of the traditional Dutch windmills to add to the picture-perfection of the views. There's the chance to attend the biggest flower auction in the world at Aalsmer, or visit the Keukenhof gardens and have your breath taken away by the spectacle produced by over seven million flowering bulbs. “Get on you bike” never sounded such fun!

a eline en puck 09a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

Keukenhof – know as the Garden of Europe – is the one of the best places to view the abundance of spring flowers in the South Holland region of the Netherlands

a Bloemenmarka 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    Amsterdam's flower market – the Bloemenmarkt – reflects the country's passion for cut flowers and plants

a park 005a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    Around seven million bulbs are planted each year in the park at Keukenhof, in an area of 32 hectares
    a Bloemenmarkt 2a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    The Bloemenmarkt - set on the capital's Singel canal and said to be the world's only floating flower market - has a score of stalls where you can buy all sorts of plants, flowers, bulbs and seeds

a Keukenhof 015a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    The mild climate of Holland, with its wet springs makes it an ideal place for bulb cultivation

a Keur063a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    Tulips originated in the east and were brought to Holland from the Ottoman Empire in the mid 1500s
    a Oranje tulpea 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    n springtime, the lowland area by the North Sea is carpeted with fields of gladioli, hyacinths, lilies, daffodils, crocuses... and, of course, tulips
    a park 003a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

Keukenhof - literally 'kitchen garden' - is part of the hunting grounds of the ancient Teylingen estate
    a park 004a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

This year, the theme for the Keukenhof exhibition is Germany: Land of Poets and Philosophers
    a park 012a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

The patchwork quilt of colours in the Keukenhof park, just outside Lisse in South Holland, is a veritable feast for the eyes
    a park 013a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    The bulbs of Keukenhof are re-planted each year according to the current trends and in collaboration with a number of gardening magazines
    a park 017a 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

Spring in Keukenhof is one of the main tourist attractions of the Netherlands
    a Tulpenvela 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

The best way to appreciate the full glory of the Dutch spring is to hire a bike and cycle one of the tourist routes among the bulb fields

أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

400W91 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Riana17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The tulip fields of Holland.

I just fall inlove with you Sister, I know this thread is for me huhuhu
    | Likes Endymion liked this post

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

wwwislamicboardcom - The tulip fields of Holland.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You do know that the best Tulips come from Persia not Holland? & that they've basically imported it.. the name Lalee (in Persian) means Tulip.. it is their state flower and a popular girl's name..
    unlike un cute albino rabbits who freak me out.. Flowers of any type are such a welcome sight & a treat for the senses...

thank you..

| Likes FS123, Ğħαrєєвαħ, Endymion liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

chat Quote

Endymion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Spring and Roses.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17 View Post
    I just fall inlove with you Sister, I know this thread is for me huhuhu
    Aww i love you too sis

And it is here by decleared that this thread has been dedicated to Sis Riana :alright::awesome::rock:

And another one for you

1870949wkernkjk9p 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll View Post
    You do know that the best Tulips come from Persia not Holland? & that they've basically imported it.. the name Lalee (in Persian) means Tulip.. it is their state flower and a popular girl's name..
    unlike un cute albino rabbits who freak me out.. Flowers of any type are such a welcome sight & a treat for the senses...

thank you..

Yup,im in love with Persian Roses since i was in School.The Schools were under the administration of people who belong to Persia and they brought thousands of Persian Rose plants for the School building and those were just amazing

Did you ever see a Purple rose sis?There was just one plant of that beautiful purple rose and Little Endy was mad about it

I thought the name is "Lala" means "Desert Rose" :><:

You dont like Rabbits
    Hope you'll like this little creature

fluffy by eliseenchantedd322ley 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    | Likes Riana17 liked this post

أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

400W91 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    shible's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: The tulip fields of Holland.

I was there in Holland this season and it was a great sight. it is true that you can enjoy the Tulip very lively in fields and the season lasts from 6-8 weeks. and it would be between April end -June start
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
    Did you ever see a Purple rose sis?
    I always presumed they were white roses put in blue dye water.. but sob7an Allah, he creates what he wills..

I don't like any furry creatures unless they come in wearable form..

like this:
    502763311 o - The tulip fields of Holland.

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - The tulip fields of Holland.

chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ You are a monster.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    ^ You are a monster.
    A devilishly stylish one.. Sheikha mawza can stand to take lessons.

but let's not derail the thread..
    | Likes Alpha Dude liked this post

chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by shible View Post
    I was there in Holland this season and it was a great sight. it is true that you can enjoy the Tulip very lively in fields and the season lasts from 6-8 weeks. and it would be between April end -June start
    Arey bhai.. long time no see? u were in pune/chennai ...now holland.. Belgium.. international roaming.... Enjoiiii...

Regarding the OP:
    Flowers...Mmmm yes.. Beautiful flowers... Alhamdulillah... (Is it like women are more attracted to flowers than men.. yes i think ?i!?)
    What i can notice is ... the photographer was not completely focussing on the flowers.. in the first photo
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Riana17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

Aww i love you too sis

And it is here by decleared that this thread has been dedicated to Sis Riana :alright::awesome::rock:

And another one for you
    Salam Alaikkum all,

Sis Endy,
    thank20you20 20smiley20blow20kiss - The tulip fields of Holland.

So kind of you

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

wwwislamicboardcom - The tulip fields of Holland.
    chat Quote

shible's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf View Post
    Arey bhai.. long time no see? u were in pune/chennai ...now holland.. Belgium.. international roaming.... Enjoiiii
    I came for project work Bhai, sorry didn't check the subscriptions, things are going on as i am in Belgium(europe) planning to cover most of Europe as much as i can.
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! The tulip fields of Holland. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The tulip fields of Holland.