× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 3261

Other People's Point of View

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

How important is other people's point of view to you?

How often do you put yourself in other people's shoes and think from their perspective?

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Other People's Point of View

Other points of view are really important for us. No matter how much we learn and how strong convictions we have, some day we will find that part of our knowledge is incorrect because we heard another point of view or discovered another way of thinking.
    We should not close the doors for other ideas, and we should not be afraid of opposing opinions, we should take them into consideration if we are sincere with ourselves. If the other opinion turns to be true, then we will learn and correct ourselves. If it turns to be wrong , then we learn again, we learn to avoid such position based on reason.
    | Likes ~Raindrop~, MartyrX, Amat Allah, Ramadhan, Abz2000 liked this post

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aha! But the big question is..... do we really live in that way? Do we really put ourselves in other people's shoes and try to understand their pain and anguish?

Or are we more busy pushing our own opinions on others?

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

opinions & empathy are two separate things. Emotional anguish in and of itself is a subjective thing but it is the human condition so it is very few people that can't relate to it unless their hearts are terribly hardened.

I value the opinion of Muslims, or people who genuinely have something to teach me.. those folks are far and in between. I think we can all distinguish between the morsels and the bull.. there's usually a heap full of crap before some pearls can be cultivated..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Other People's Point of View

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll View Post
    I value the opinion of Muslims, or people who genuinely have something to teach me.. those folks are far and in between.

What about the opinions of people who are not Muslim? Or opinions of people that differ from yours?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Riham View Post

What about the opinions of people who are not Muslim? Or opinions of people that differ from yours?
    well like I said if they've something valuable to teach but it's rare outside of academia anyway and sometimes even there. I certainly wouldn't look on the net for wisdom ...

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Other People's Point of View

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am of the opinion that all people have something of value to teach us. I may not agree with everything they say. But there is always something that I can learn from them.
    | Likes Amat Allah liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's indeed a personal judgement ...

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

I agree, dear Riham. Even the fooliest person on the earth might have something to teach me.
    | Likes Amat Allah, Flame of Hope liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    Salam alaykum

I agree, dear Riham. Even the fooliest person on the earth might have something to teach me.

Yes..... there's also something called.... learning from other people's mistakes.

Even people who are "evil" teach us something. They teach us how NOT to be. lol.
    | Likes Amat Allah, Endymion liked this post

chat Quote

Innocent Soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Yeah it's true.

Never regret having chosen or having met wrong people because no one can teach you the right lesson better than the wrong people.
    | Likes Amat Allah, Abz2000, Flame of Hope liked this post

wwwislamicboardcom - Other People's Point of View
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

I don't know to be honest.
    | Likes marwen liked this post

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Fakrun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Riham View Post
    How important is other people's point of view to you?

How often do you put yourself in other people's shoes and think from their perspective?
    Asalaamu alaikum,

Lets see, I've been learning about Islam and interacting with Muslims for.....well, it was a year in July. That year, I did Ramadan for 12 days. I prayed (my way) 5 times a day and discovered that swearing had become so integrated in my daily speech that I didn't even notice how much till I tried NOT to swear.

And on the twelfth day...and on the 12th day I started to hallucinate. What I did not know was that my body had reacted badly to the fast and so started to hoard the anti-seizure medication I have to take daily so I was overdosing on my medication. I ended up in bed for nearly a week. Two days to level my meds back out and the rest of the time dealing with the migraine which was also a side effect of the hallucinations. My epilepsy is caused by a cavernoma (abnormally formed vein) in the left temporal tip of my brain which was discovered in 2005.

I stuck with learning though because it was interesting. I never started learning with the intention to revert and the more I learned, the more I respected Islam and the more it reenforced my own beliefs and way of thinking. In some ways, it ran nearly word for word what my own belief traditions and laws are, the laws of "The Great Law Of Peace", which is the basic for the Iroquois Confederacy.

Does that answer your question??
    | Likes Abz2000 liked this post
    chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! Other People's Point of View Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Other People's Point of View