× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: If your life was a play, how would you view it?

Voters
5. Login to vote on this poll
  • As a comedy of errors.

2 40.00%
  • As a great tragedy.

0 0%
  • As a tragi-comedy.

3 60.00%
  • Meaningless...getting nowhere.

0 0%
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 1695

How Do You View Your Life?

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

How do you view your life?

Was your view on life different one year ago?

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How Do You View Your Life?

I can definitely say that I am not the same person that I was a year ago. I am much more self-aware now than I ever was. I'm not where I want to be, but I think that I know more or less where I want to be, and I am trying to get to that stage. I have to learn to love myself, and that is the hardest thing for me to do.

There's a lot that I don't agree with in terms of faith, but I figure that as long as I do the right things and say the right things for the right reasons, then that's all that matters. How I get there is of no matter, as long as I get there.

But first, I have to love myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines View Post
    I can definitely say that I am not the same person that I was a year ago. I am much more self-aware now than I ever was. I'm not where I want to be, but I think that I know more or less where I want to be, and I am trying to get to that stage. I have to learn to love myself, and that is the hardest thing for me to do.

There's a lot that I don't agree with in terms of faith, but I figure that as long as I do the right things and say the right things for the right reasons, then that's all that matters. How I get there is of no matter, as long as I get there.

But first, I have to love myself.

Ah, brother King of Nines. I see you're angry. Angry white guy? Angry with yourself?

Or angry with life? People?

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

None of the options to vote would explain my life...life is like a rollercoaster, sometimes it goes up and works in your favour and sometimes it hits rock bottom but it's a the qadr of Allah so I say Alhumdulilah for everything Allah has granted me and for everything He hasn't put in my path.
    | Likes ~Raindrop~ liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I view my life as a comedy of errors.

I'm always going to make mistakes..... but making those mistakes has made me what I am today.

I started off as a very shy young girl until a remark made by my fourth grade teacher made me come out of my shell. She said to my parents, "Your daughter is very shy."

I overheard that. And I became quite daring afterwards. Even rebellious. lol.

I still got the same attitude. Got into trouble and massive heart pain.... you know, the kind of pain you suffer from after making mistakes..

It's called remorse. And I can tell you straight that this stuff is very very very painful stuff. It is akin to a fire that burns you even worse than a real fire burns you.

Yet, that kind of fire than burns you from deep within has a cleansing effect. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

I think it was Ali ibn Abu Talib who said this: "It is better to refrain than to repent."

LOL. That is really true. Because that repentance thing is really really painful and hard to endure.

So.... learning self-restraint is definitely better. I understand. Still.... I dare to continue making mistakes. I dare ..... because that is one of the best ways to learn the best lessons in life.

Making mistakes.... they are what keeps me on the right track....

Ironic, isn't it?

chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My life is pretty normal.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

At first I thought the Q was : "How Do You View Your Wife?"
    I guess the poll options still make sense, for married brothers

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! How Do You View Your Life? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How Do You View Your Life?