star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Where are we going?

Report bad ads?

How often does one think about death? In my daily commute to school in the city, on the train or in the passageways and hallways to our destinations I encounter over 1000's of people - people who seem to be in a hurry to get to their destination.

There is a sense of urgency in the way they walk and some are on their phones engaged in an important conversation which always seems to be a pivotal moment in there career...

I walk past these people smiling, and I pace my self I know where my ultimate destination is - With Allah- so I walk and constantly do zikr of Allah and am mindful of death.

I think that if it happens today on my way to the train, what will I leave behind? What will be the last message that people see on my phone or what will they find in my wallet or bag that might give an indication as to what type of person I was ?

Sometimes I feel that death is about to strike even in my routine travels to and from the train station- I wonder how beautiful a death it would be to die with a smile on my face and the kalmah on my tongue as the last breath I take is exhaled out of my body- oh what a wonderful death that would be.

I look at people as they walk by, and some stop at stores and gaze at products. What is going on their mind I ask, they spend over 30 seconds reflecting on a pair of shoes.. 30 seconds is a long time - I wonder if these people have ever reflected on life and this creation and everything around them for even 30 seconds..
    | Likes Alpha Dude liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Where are we going?

I fear death a lot more when it's the end of the day, and I think about what I have done all day and then fear of deat overtakes me, tears start to flow from my eyes, thinking about how I will face my Lord with so many sins....
    Where are we going?

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

dysphoricrocker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Fear Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam.

For me, when i pray and recite some surahs which speak of the afterlife, particularly Surah Waqi'ah and Surah Humazah, it just gets to me. I do not fear death, but i fear what is to come after it. I am not sure if i is good or bad to feel this way, but yeah. That's me.

May Allah forgive all our sins and grant us the highest Paradise insyaAllah.
    | Likes ~ Sabr ~ liked this post
    chat Quote

~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Ameen!
    Where are we going?

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Where are we going? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Where are we going?