× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 2391

Holidays

Marina-Aisha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Holidays

Report bad ads?

Mothers day and fathers day, r we aloud do these holidays? I read prophet saw didn't and nor his disciples.. I read that we aren't loud to do valentines day so I wondered bout these holidays too. Thanx
    Holidays

wwwislamicboardcom - Holidays
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Holidays

Valentine's Day is just a money-making conspiracy anyway. It's not a real holiday.

I look at Mother's Day and Father's Day as obeying the commandment of Allah. We're supposed to honor and respect our parents. This is the purpose of Mother's and Father's Day.

Dilemma over. Problem solved.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:bravo:thanx, but someone told me on another forum u not supose to celebrate these holidays but thanx anyways.
    Holidays

chat Quote

peace_maker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Punk Inside
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I? View Post
    I look at Mother's Day and Father's Day as obeying the commandment of Allah. We're supposed to honor and respect our parents. This is the purpose of Mother's and Father's Day.
    True. But we are supposed to honor and respect them all the time, it's part of life. Not respect and honor them only on a specific day. And besides, if we look at origin of these days, they'll be obviously from other cultures/traditions/religions etc. I don't know for sure anyway... But we are not allowed to follow the non-muslims in any aspect. So, I think we should just ignore them as any other prohibited celebration.
    | Likes marwen, sis muslimah liked this post
    Holidays

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker View Post
    True. But we are supposed to honor and respect them all the time, it's part of life. Not respect and honor them only on a specific day. And besides, if we look at origin of these days, they'll be obviously from other cultures/traditions/religions etc. I don't know for sure anyway... But we are not allowed to follow the non-muslims in any aspect. So, I think we should just ignore them as any other prohibited celebration.
    Well I always try to honor my parents every day anyway, so that's not a problem for me.
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As'Salaam Alaaykum

Great questions!

Well, realistically Allaah SWT was the first to teach us through his messengers about treating our parents well and not prescribed to stick to a specific date but every date of our life. So this 'mother's day' and 'fathers day' is every day for a muslim, meaning that we should celebrate everyday and not on a certain set date or criteria. Islam prescribed taking care of them and showing compassion to them everyday of our blessed lives.

So in answer to your question..

format_quote Originally Posted by marina28 View Post
    Mothers day and fathers day, r we aloud do these holidays?
    Everyday and not a date set by man but a date set by your creator, which is everyday!

I read prophet saw didn't and nor his disciples..
    This is because they didn't leave it to certain date to 'love' ,'please' or 'celebrate' the pressence of their parents, whereas it would be everyday and also i think these holidays came into existence way after their time, someone correct me i've wrong, however, they would still have encouraged it to be practised everyday.

So, in conclusion we as muslims do not need a date to turn to our parents with buckets of gifts or love , if we have everyday of our life to do this, then why not?

but someone told me on another forum u not supose to celebrate these holidays but thanx anyways.
    That's because it is not taught by Qur'aan and sunnah, what is taught is, is that we do this everyday..

Apologies for over repeating myself and hope i've made sense inshaa'Allaah..
    | Likes sis muslimah liked this post
    Holidays

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol its okay im open to anyones advice and input...i knew that we r suppose to repect and honor our parents everyday but i wasjust wondering if ur aloudto do those days also.
    Holidays

chat Quote

serena77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

my only issue... is my parents - mom and stepfather - if i tried to remind them that i honored them everyday.. I woud have a LOT of hurt feelings in this house... and i don't do much fifferent.. usually cook them dinner... and thats about all...

dad died on mothers day in 2003 and of course father's day has been hard for a long time..... sigh...
    serena
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol its okay im open to anyones advice and input...i knew that we r suppose to repect and honor our parents everyday but i wasjust wondering if ur aloudto do those days also.
    Ofcourse, everyday would only naturally fall into those holidays, so I assume that one would keep his intention right and do it purely for the sake of Allaah, but it really shouldn't affect one as it's just a day like every other to fullfill our duties to our creator the most wise. I hope someone can provide a better response inshaaAllaah.
    Holidays

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! Holidays Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Holidays