× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1229

I need a quick lesson in Photography - or else fork out on an expensive camera

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I need a quick lesson in Photography - or else fork out on an expensive camera

Report bad ads?

Ok, so after posting the 'procrastination..' thread, I've been identifying the problems holding me back from starting my website. One of the main problems is photographing my products. Last year I spent absolutely ages experimenting with taking photos, even making a light box for good results. The pics still came out dark. The background which was supposed to have been white, came out grey. Ok, so I can brighten the images to an extent, but the photos just don't show small details which as a seller I feel doesn't do justice to my products. My products are hand made and of very high quality, but the pictures make them look average.

I read about the megapixel myth, and how you don't need a high mp camera unless you're going to blow up the prints. I am currently using a 6mp sony cybershot. Not the best I know, but from what I read, it should do the job as long as I have good lighting. I had so many lamps it was blinding. But the pics were dull and the details not as sharp as I'd have liked. So can someone with the know-how please explain where I'm going wrong and whether it is possible to get good photos with the camera I'm using. I really don't wanna spend money where I can avoid it.

P.S. I don't even know how to begin using photoshop. So please don't tell me to lol.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I need a quick lesson in Photography - or else fork out on an expensive camera

No one has any ideas?
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! I need a quick lesson in Photography - or else fork out on an expensive camera Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I need a quick lesson in Photography - or else fork out on an expensive camera