× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 1 of 1 visibility 1504

Does anyone know how I can find out if this website is legit or fraudulent?

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

They have the Iphone 4 for £195 this seems too good a price to be anything but a scam

http://www.extrabuy.co.uk/phones_tel...16gb_black.php

EDIT: After some research, I found out this site is a con!!! how do you report such sites??

If it seems to be too good to be true, it really is. I was interested in a batch of iPads so thought I'd email and ask how much for volume orders. There was no company signature, so I asked for their company registration number and registered address. They gave me the details for a company called ExtraCare Ltd, who are in no way affiliated. I confirmed this with the Chief Executive of that company who was going to report the extrabuy site for fraud and I sent the email trail to the CE of that company where they purported to be part of the same group. They bear a striking similarity to another company that was renowned as a scammer called baymobile.co.uk, who tried the same thing. There is also no secure payment (or SSL) on the site, thus your payments would not be secure. Finally, they'd want you to pay via bank transfer....even worse as they'd then have visibility of your bank details. Avoid. Always look for https at the start of the bit where the web address is (or a little padlock) that shows that the site is certified as secure. HTH
    Last edited by Salahudeen; 03-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

2. Hide
Hey there! Does anyone know how I can find out if this website is legit or fraudulent? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Does anyone know how I can find out if this website is legit or fraudulent?