star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I FEEL like crap

Report bad ads?

I started working recently in a retail environment and everything has been fine until today...

Normally during asr or magrib salat, (or what ever prayer it was time for) I would make my way to the back and offer salat usually when the store was not busy.

Today unfortunately I was busy with a customer and the azan for magrib went on and the store was really busy so it was not appropriate for me to leave in the middle and go offer the magrib prayer..

by the time I was finished there was about 30 mins left till Isha so I just decided it would be better to pray magrib when I offer Isha salat.

However this still does not make up for the fact that I missed magrib prayer, I haven't missed it for months..

I honestly feel so bad, I feel guilty, I feel like I'm losing my faith... this is so bad. I don't think it is ever justified to miss a salat? is it?

at work if you are only working a 4.5 hour shift you aren't allotted any breaks and if I am to forcefully take a break I would essentially be stealing "time" from the company which is wrong as well..

sigh* what am I to do?

any ways that my little rant just needed to get this off my chest...

hope your all having a good day and may you keep up with your prayers and remember me in your duas Inshallah!
    | Likes Masuma liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Aprender's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I FEEL like crap

Brother, even if there was only 30 minutes left to offer maghrib prayer, next time, just go ahead and do it. Even though it's cutting it close, you still would have prayed on time. It's better than missing it completely to avoid feeling this crappy feeling. I know exactly what you mean by this...

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1 View Post
    at work if you are only working a 4.5 hour shift you aren't allotted any breaks and if I am to forcefully take a break I would essentially be stealing "time" from the company which is wrong as well..
    You are a slave to Allah (swt) first and foremost! Your prayers are much more important than stealing "time" from some company that you work for. And it wouldn't be right to stand in front of your Lord and say you missed salat because you didn't want to steal "time" from a company. If you can forcefully take a break and run to the bathroom if you're having explosive stomach problems then surely you can run for a break to offer salat. If push comes to shove, can't you ask one of your co-workers to cover for you for about 5 minutes if it gets too busy again?

I think you just had a long day brother and need to take some time to relax for a bit. Listen to Quran for a while and repent to Allah (swt) for missing that prayer. Don't dwell on it too much and make a strong effort to keep up with them from now on. I will keep you in my dua in shaa Allah.

May Allah ease everything for you. Ameeeeen
    Last edited by Aprender; 03-28-2012 at 05:45 AM.
    | Likes marwen liked this post
    chat Quote

SFatima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is no company policy in the world (probably) which stops one from their obligatory prayers, Infact companies are supposed to accommodate and facilitate their employees regarding their prayers. Even in an pro athiest county like Norway, companies give you time and space for your prayers, they actually respect the fact that you're confident about who you are and are regular observer of your values.

So no need to worry about stealing company time, it is infact your company which should not impinge on you personal religious obligations, and if you have a reasonable Manager or supervisor, you may even inform them of your 5-10 minute prayer break, so that they may appoint somebody else in your place while you are off for prayers, it would help if another friend of yours who is a muslim can take turns with you and you two can accommodate each other perhaps. Do not worry, also pray to Allah swt to make it easier for you to find time to pray without upsetting anyone around you, may ALlah swt be with you.

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah it can be awkward in retail environments where every second is dependent on customer service and sales

try changing your shift pattern to during the day so you have more time for prayers, otherwise anytime you get a small window to pray - just do it
    | Likes Masuma liked this post
    I FEEL like crap

33 43 1 - I FEEL like crap
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Marina-Aisha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I too miss two prayers but if I make It up when get home is that still okay?
    I FEEL like crap

wwwislamicboardcom - I FEEL like crap
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya View Post
    nope you have to pray on time, deen over dunya

another way is to take your lunch break in parts so you can use some time later on for prayers
    I FEEL like crap

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Marina-Aisha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i dont get breaks i only work four hr everyday so i dont get even five min breaks they dont allow it
    I FEEL like crap

wwwislamicboardcom - I FEEL like crap
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya View Post
    Salaam,

Ask an Islamic scholar. Members will not be able to give you a proper response, backed with evidence.
    I FEEL like crap

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

syed1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think its pretty straight forward that we should make all of our prayers on time. The only prayer we are allowed to delay is Isha according to authentic hadiths.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post
    Salaam,

Ask an Islamic scholar. Members will not be able to give you a proper response, backed with evidence.
    You cannot miss or delay prayers. End of.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/20712/
    I FEEL like crap

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    You cannot miss or delay prayers. End of.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/20712/
    Salaam,

There are different scholarly opinions regarding this issue.
    I FEEL like crap

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

maghrib time is till the isha adhan so u can pray if it wasnt till the time isha starts

secondly prophet muhammad (saw) has said tht if you miss a prayer then pray it when u remember, so like once i didnt wake up for fajr n wen i woke up i rememberd tht i missed it so i quickly got up and prayed...

will search for tht hadith wen i hav time inshaAllah

do lots of istaghfar cuz i know it srsly feels bad esp wen u miss fajr prayer its like the whole day is weird
    I FEEL like crap

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - I FEEL like crap

chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Last edited by Ğħαrєєвαħ; 03-29-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: nevermind....
    I FEEL like crap

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! I FEEL like crap Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I FEEL like crap