× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1673

Banned gay bus ad group considering legal action

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

13 April 2012 Last updated at 18:34

Banned gay bus ad group looks at legal action against TfL

A Christian group which had its advertisement pulled from London buses after it was described as anti-gay has said it is considering legal action.

Anglican Mainstream has instructed a law firm to look at whether Transport for London (TfL) acted illegally when it scrapped the adverts.

It said it wanted to know what happened to its contract with TfL for the ads, which implied people could be "ex-gay".

59637399 59637398 1 - Banned gay bus ad group considering legal action

TfL said the advert was not consistent with its commitment to a tolerant city.

The adverts were paid for by the Core Issues Trust which is working in partnership with Anglican Mainstream on a campaign to support "men and women with homosexual issues who voluntarily seek change in sexual preference and expression".

The banned posters read: "Not gay! Post-gay, ex-gay and proud. Get over it!"

They were in response to Stonewall promoting equal marriage by having adverts on 1,000 London buses which featured the slogan: "Some people are gay. Get over it!"

59628514 stonewall 1 - Banned gay bus ad group considering legal action

The adverts by the Christian group were reportedly booked for two weeks by Core Issues to display on vehicles running on five routes in central London, including buses to top tourist destinations such as St Paul's Cathedral, Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus.

Tom Ellis from legal firm Aughton Ainsworth said he was going to examine whether the ban was a breach of contract and the group's right to freedom of expression.

A TfL spokesperson said: "We do not believe that these specific ads are consistent with TfL's commitment to a tolerant and inclusive London.

"The adverts are not currently running on any London Buses and they will not do so."

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said it "is not involved in the pre-clearance or vetting of any advertisement, including this campaign".

It said it could only assess whether or not adverts adhered to advertising codes once they appeared and, since this one would not, it would not be taking any action.

The Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) can offer "non-binding advice" but its service is confidential and it therefore would not confirm if it had offered advice in this case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17706866

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Banned gay bus ad group considering legal action

Double standards as usual

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but the "tolerant" society is allowed to put ads such as "God probably does not exist, enjoy your life?"

Just wow. LOL.
    | Likes GuestFellow, Jedi_Mindset liked this post

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whatever happened to freedom of speech and expression. I understand if legal action was taken if the ad promoted violence, but it doesn't. The main exception to freedom of speech is where it leads to violence towards certain group of people.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    TrueStranger's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is because we have too many closet homosexuals who are pulling the strings.

70:28 Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...Bus adverts?

Neither the Christian group nor the gay group has what is known as a life.
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Banned gay bus ad group considering legal action Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Banned gay bus ad group considering legal action