× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1730

Don't know wot to think

Marina-Aisha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't know wot to think

Report bad ads?

Salam peeps,
    I dunno hw to start, umm r we as muslims surpose to hate homosexuals/ lesbians? Also different races also? Cos I thought we as Muslims surpose b all bout peace and stuff...I have uncle that's gay am I surpose to hate him? I thought surpose to leave all the judgments for Allah. To be fair my uncle doesn't broadcast his sexuality I found put when my mum told me if she hadn't I would have known but I was I a abusive reasionship once I use to hate him so much which bad things for him I never wanted feel like that again.......

Any help would be great
    Salam
    Marina- Hadeya
    Don't know wot to think

wwwislamicboardcom - Don't know wot to think
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Don't know wot to think

This might be of some help inshaAllaah.

Muslim attitude towards the sin of homosexuality
    Don't know wot to think

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

Hulk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya View Post
    I dunno hw to start, umm r we as muslims surpose to hate homosexuals/ lesbians? Also different races also?
    Its a super NO there sis!

Homosexuality is not allowed in Islam, yes but what about homosexuals? It is all part of our nafs which we have to fight. Maybe for some of us, our nafs makes us want to eat a lot which we should fight. There might even be people whose nafs makes them want to commit horrible crimes such as murder, but these are things we have to fight. If a muslim happens to be gay and has no control over it, then that is part of his nafs which he has to fight.

As for hating different races, I think it is a given that Islam is totally against racism. If there are racist muslims around you then the problem is with them sister not Islam.

P.S: I like that you put "wot" instead of "what", made me say it in a britishy accent.
    Last edited by Hulk; 05-12-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Don't know wot to think

RE0IROm 1 - Don't know wot to think
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Okay thanx brother and sister taking the time to answer me. I'm sorry sis but that link didn't really help. I know that's homosexuality is sin and we must fight such feelings. But I confessed to someone bout my uncle they said that if prophet Mohammad (peace b with him) was alive he would murder all gays..do u can understand why am I upset.
    Don't know wot to think

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But I confessed to someone bout my uncle they said that if prophet Mohammad (peace b with him) was alive he would murder all gays..do u can understand why am I upset.
    I think the person who told you this is confused on this issue and using his own emotions to cloud his reasoning.

In Islam, there are specific acts which are considered sins and certain sins are seen as social 'crimes'. Stuff that has a social effect. E.g. adultery and theft.

Within Islam, some of these acts have a prescribed punishment to be handed out by a judge. E.g. chopping hands off a thief.

Now, punishment is only applied when someone has committed a crime. A person who has thoughts of stealing and theft but does not give in is not considered a 'perpetual thief' (i.e. someone who is stealing even when asleep!). In the same way, a person who has homosexual feelings but does all his best to avoid it would not be seen as perpetually homosexual (i.e. his desires are not what define who and what he is) and would not be eligible for any kind of punishment.

There would be no 'murder' of random people who have homosexual feelings. There would be a lot of calling to guidance.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The way I see it, he is not braodcasting his sexual orientation. He isn't a Muslim. He is a family member. So...

It's your job to show him how good a Muslim really is... you never know, he might hav his own reservations about the way muslims view him being gay. His own prejudices against muslims because of his sexual orientation.

No one chooses to be a homosexual apparently, this is what we are taught in modern day. So like Hulk says - it's his choice to live with it and fight against it - or not.

All you can do is be a good Muslim niece to him. treat people with kindness.

Now, something I read once somewhere about homosexuals and their punishment - but I don't have the link. I'll give you what I remember.

If a gay person was openly admitting his sexual orientation by parading around town with his partner, in a Muslim country, and causing a fitna for the people of the area he was living in - he would be warned to stop his lewd acts and unshameful behaviour in public or he would be punished according to shariah law... because it disturbs the islamic social balance of the area. he would get up to three warnings on (one on each occasion) after which he would be told that he has to leave town. if he refuses, then he is a trouble maker and will have to be punished.

Can someone clarify please?

Either way sis Marina, your uncle is not in a Muslim country - so these laws do not apply to him there. And he;s not the type to go around parading boyfriends around from what you say - so treat him good. break his prejudice of how Muslims feel about gay people, and give him dawah - slowly, but surely. Avoid the subject of homosexuality, and show him what Islam is really about.

Once he has a good understanding of what "submission to the will of Allah" means, he will be able to understand that we have to fight our desires in order to gain nearness to HIM... after which, if he is convinced that Islam is the way - he will choose it insha-Allah... if not, then he will atleast respect it a little more than before. There is no compulsion in religion... so the ultimate decision will have to be his.

Hope this helped

Scimi
    Don't know wot to think

15noje9 1 - Don't know wot to think
    chat Quote

rabiakhalid's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think you're right
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yea that's very helpful thank you
    Don't know wot to think

chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Don't know wot to think Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Don't know wot to think