Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Word Cheers...

Report bad ads?

Brother/Sisters,

I have seen different people using word "Cheers" in different ways. Some use it a way of thank you gesture, like I use to receive mail from my boss and in his signature word "Cheers "as written.

Recently I saw in a marriage ceremony, where peoples ss sssssss were having drinks and hitting each other glass by saying Cheers...need clarity if it is Haram to hit glass and saying Cheers.

Peace!!!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    MysticSoumeya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Word Cheers...

¤ Smile ¤
    chat Quote

~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Word Cheers...

It is better to say to another Muslim, instead of thanks/cheers;

Jazaak Allaah Khayr

Meaning: May Allaah Reward You

Also, our way , before we begin to do anything, whether it is to drink, eat, talk or work is to recite Bismillahirahmannirahim. Doing so would make that act of ours blessed by Allaah - this is Allaah's promise, according to a hadith. Another hadith states that commencing any work without this recitation keeps that work unblessed.

Also, some issues can put the muslim in doubt at such instances it is best to leave altoghether what is "doubtful" and return to what is halal*

Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir: I heard Allaah's Apostle saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them.
    So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.'
    [Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 49]

And Allaah Knows Best.
    Last edited by ~ Sabr ~; 06-15-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added hadith
    | Likes yasirslm liked this post
    Word Cheers...

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Word Cheers... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Word Cheers...