× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1259

School Foods Blog from UK

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile School Foods Blog from UK

Report bad ads?

Martha Payne is 9 years old schoolgirl from Scotland and she started to keep blog about school meals in hers school. By this blog she also collects donations for children to Africa - now already £45,889.46.

Yes you read right, she is just only 9 years old. If 9 years old girl can makes that much for helping others, think what YOU could do!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 15 June 2012

I think you know why I don't have a picture today but I will have on Monday! Thanks to everyone that has helped to get my blog back on track. I would have missed writing it a lot and I'm looking forward to sharing my dinners and yours.

I worried yesterday that I would never reach enough money to buy a Mary's Meal kitchen in Malawi (31 seconds!) but we have raised a total of £45,889.46 which is more than one kitchen! It could be many kitchens or one kitchen feeding many children for years.

A small thank you isn't enough so here's a big THANK YOU to you all!

See you on Monday

http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk/
    | Likes glo, SFatima liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: School Foods Blog from UK

This young lady made the news here in the UK, because the local Council tried to ban her from taking pictures of her school dinners and posting them (with comments and ratings) on her blog.
    The ban was overturned and - since having made the headlines nationwide - the charity has become very successful!

On Saturday afternoon it stood at more than £63,000.

Edit: Just checked the fundraising site and it is now at £73.000!
    Last edited by glo; 06-17-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    | Likes sister herb liked this post

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - School Foods Blog from UK

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Now amount for children in Africa (Malawi) is £109,644.96

Not bad work by 9 year old girl?
    | Likes ~Raindrop~, glo liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What I read from that blog, by £100 000, 10 000 children get food at school during one year and as teacher I know that even one year studing might means a lot for children whose might couldn´t any possibility to study at all. Some my student were from countries of Africa whose were mothers of many but they never hadn´t possibility to go to school.

*sad*

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! School Foods Blog from UK Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. School Foods Blog from UK