× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1905

Boredom

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Boredom

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikum

OK this might not be that interesting. Infact you may even regret entering this thread.

However I still want an answer before you go !

Do you think the extremely poor ever get bored? I remember a time without computers and video games but I dont recall any boredom at all during those times.

I know its not exactly that exciting of a question but im..... BORED
    Boredom

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    dqsunday's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Boredom

I expect anybody can be bored, whether they are poor or not. People who have to focus everything just to survive to the next day don't have time to be bored as all their focus is finding enough food and water to eat/drink. That and before the digital age, most people entertained each other with stories, make believe games etc.

When I was really young we didn't have any console games or even a computer. We had TV of course but didn't get cable tv for quite some time. I did alot of reading. (actual books, not little text messages) During the summer I spent much of my time at my parent's camp with cousins, we would do all kinds of things, fishing, walking about the trails, talking about whatever, or pretending we were the cast of Star Trek or whatnot. Role-playing basically.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Yeah I remember those days. Good days.

I mean even when I use to fall ill, I never use to turn to digital, I use to want to read my fairy tales.

The kids of these days are so deprived, they dont realise how good we had it.
    Boredom

-
    -
    chat Quote

Qurratul Ayn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The word "Boredom" and all variations of it should be struck off the dictionary

Subhan'Allaah I was never bored, never, and even now I do not get bored. There is always something to do, things not involving technology at all! I can always make time for housework, reading, knitting, making clothes, tidying up, doing assignments (writing it and using books), going for walks, even thinking about life, people, good times, the sad, sad, sad, world...

Nope, I'm never bored, and whoever, of my acquaintances, tells me they're bored I feel like They are so lucky, privileged, and have the ability to buy many things, so why in the world should anyone be bored?!

I doubt people with less income are bored (I don't like saying poor). They probably enjoy and get more out of life than anyone! And they will always be doing something or the other, they won't have time on their hands to be bored.
    Boredom

فَبِأَيِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
    "Then which of the favours of Your Lord will ye deny?"
    Al-Qur'aan; Surah Ar-Rahman

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn View Post
    The word "Boredom" and all variations of it should be struck off the dictionary

Subhan'Allaah I was never bored, never, and even now I do not get bored. There is always something to do, things not involving technology at all! I can always make time for housework, reading, knitting, making clothes, tidying up, doing assignments (writing it and using books), going for walks, even thinking about life, people, good times, the sad, sad, sad, world...

Nope, I'm never bored, and whoever, of my acquaintances, tells me they're bored I feel like They are so lucky, privileged, and have the ability to buy many things, so why in the world should anyone be bored?!

I doubt people with less income are bored (I don't like saying poor). They probably enjoy and get more out of life than anyone! And they will always be doing something or the other, they won't have time on their hands to be bored.

Your right, I am truelly spoilt.
    Boredom

-
    -
    chat Quote

Qurratul Ayn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Lol

Just my thoughts. Please don't mind
    Boredom

فَبِأَيِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
    "Then which of the favours of Your Lord will ye deny?"
    Al-Qur'aan; Surah Ar-Rahman

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ I will never mind the truth!!!
    | Likes Qurratul Ayn liked this post
    Boredom

-
    -
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm not bored now. I'm too busy looking for a low-legged japanese coffee table.
    Boredom

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Boredom Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Boredom