× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 73 visibility 41112

How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

http://www.laduree.fr/en/fabricant/produits/macarons

can't seem to find the calories anywhere in there.. maybe they're falling on my blind spot?
    also anyone have the recipes for them (even the rose and cassias ones) as they're mad expensive you've to nibble on them slowly to get your money's worth.. lol

2262505398 fef8f16564 1 - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?

macarons0 1 - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?

les macarons laduree socle de la renommee de la maison - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?
    | Likes marwen, Endymion liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Hulk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

re: How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?

Wow that looks delicious.. Is it a cake thingy? According to myfitnesspal one average macaron is about 75 calories

RE0IROm 1 - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?
    chat Quote

Qurratul Ayn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Try this website for the recipe, the recipe has been tried and tested

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/r...ured-macaroons

They are very expensive, in Waitrose (a supermarket that is appointed by Her Royal Majesty, thus it being higher up on the chain) they cost £6.80 for a pack of 7!!!

Screen shot 2012-07-08 at 11.18.39.jpg

فَبِأَيِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
    "Then which of the favours of Your Lord will ye deny?"
    Al-Qur'aan; Surah Ar-Rahman

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Wow that looks delicious.. Is it a cake thingy? According to myfitnesspal one average macaron is about 75 calories
    No not a cake at all.. it is a succulent piece of yumyum unfortunately the sort you have once a year lol.. me and my sister were taking bites out of each other's macaroons and I was telling her how that reminded me of those odd twins way back when I was a kid who'd always pretend to be each other to annoy the teachers and constantly lick each other's tongues
    my fitness pal gives me different readings too. I had a few of them yesterday really wanted specifics bas khlas one day being bad I'll makeup for it today in shaa Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn View Post
    Try this website for the recipe, the recipe has been tried and tested

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/r...ured-macaroons

They are very expensive, in Waitrose (a supermarket that is appointed by Her Royal Majesty, thus it being higher up on the chain) they cost £6.80 for a pack of 7!!!

Screen shot 2012-07-08 at 11.18.39.jpg
    her royal behind eats macaroons and of course why wouldn't she since the British civilians are paying for it.. lol.. high time you guys got rid of that leach..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

btw that website has only the typical ones colored.. I had some pretty odd flavors last night.. rose and apple, cassias and violet and other things I don't even remember.. I guess it is their own secret which I am yet to find...

chat Quote

muslimah bird's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

macron sounds like Macaroni which always has less calories
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I make macaroons at home and I'll tell you... All it is, is just sugar and butter.

I was making chocolate chip cookies the other day, and it's literally flour, sugar, and butter. After stirring it up myself, I just couldn't get myself to eat it. So fattening.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How many calories are in those Laduree macaroons?

Actually macaroons are typically made with coconuts.. however those weren't.. and they didn't taste artificial either.. they really did taste of apples and coffee and roses.. so I am not sure.. at any rate maybe it is for the best one doesn't know the recipes I can see how it can become fattening if one keeps popping those in.. :X

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes at first I thought sis was talking about macaroni lol. But this gives me an idea, perhaps I should learn to make them and then sell them here. An untouched sweet spot for business!

I was just daydreaming, this looks troublesome
    Last edited by Hulk; 07-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    | Likes جوري, marwen liked this post

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Those macroons seem dangerously delicious !
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Yes at first I thought sis was talking about macaroni lol. But this gives me an idea, perhaps I should learn to make them and then sell them here. An untouched sweet spot for business!

I was just daydreaming, this looks troublesome
    I have never been able to make meringue in fact it always fell flat.. that broad was just showing off when she held it over her head.. I notice none of them show you the second by second peak forming.. they always seem to skip which leads me to believe that it is all propaganda.. you can't get egg whites to do that

chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asslamu Aliakum...

They look horrible and diseased. :/

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn View Post
    Also, back on topic (lol) have you found any macaroons recipes??? Especially the different flavoures ones from the norm? They do sound interesting
    No, but after sampling 24 flavors over the span of two days until I almost vomited I narrowed it down to:
    Number 1 is rose. just so creamy dreamy petaly lovely lovely it is like the macaroon that kisses you for eating it
    2- almond
    3- Pistachio
    4- coconut
    didn't care much for the fruity ones and my least favorite is lemon so glad I didn't end on that note.. the very last one I ate was peanut butter..
    anyhow I guess it is a matter of preference I am sure some people would like lemon I just found it artificial tasting and not in a good way.. always my least flavor of anything is grape.. I always rid of those but this today definitely topped it in yuckiness..

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I did find this on some random blog:
    Lavender & Rose Macarons

by peasepudding on March 4, 2009
    The first time I made macarons was in a commercial kitchen under the watchful eye of a French Head Chef. There were often a choice fews words flying around the kitchen when a batch didn’t turn out the way it should and I think he was convinced only the French could make them consistently! I have since learnt from many Blog or Web sites that even the greatest chefs have their failures with macarons and perhaps it is just practice that gives you the ‘feel’ for making them.
    macaron6 1 - How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?I decided after 4 years ‘out of the industry’ that it was time to make them at home, fully expecting to eat a few batches of failures therefore I was thrilled when my first batch came out really well (lavender coloured ones) and I pranced around the kitchen feel pleased with myself. That was until the second batch, from the same mixture as the first just coloured pink, all cracked…..that’s macarons for you.
    So certainly not for the faint hearted or impatient but certainly worth the effort when they come out right. Not that we wasted the cracked ones, they also received some filling and we promptly ate them.
    I used David Lebovitz chocolate macaron recipe because I liked the method and enjoyed his stories of making them. I adjusted it slightly to produce lavender flavoured and rose flavoured macarons.
    Both the lavender and rose went well with the faint floral flavours complementing the macaron.
    Ingredients for macaron batter

• 100g icing sugar
    • 55g powdered almonds ( finer than ground)
    • 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
    • 65g castor sugar

Method

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
    • Line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper and prepare 2 pastry bags with 2cm pipping tip.
    • Blend in a food processor icing sugar and ground almond.
    • In a bowl whisk egg whites until they begin to hold their shape.
    • Gradually add castor sugar while continuing to whisk until mixture is stiff. It is important to add the sugar slowly at this stage, if you add it too quickly the egg white can liquify and not become stiff.
    • Carefully fold dry ingredients into the whisked egg mix with a metal spoon or rubber spatular until almost combined.
    • Before completely combined separate into two bowls and add a drop or two of pink food colour to one batch and purple to the other.
    • You want the mixture to hold it’s shape when piping but you don’t want any peaks to stay on top of the macaron, they wont cook out. If you think the mixture is too stiff give it a few more folds with the spoon which should make it smoother.
    • Put mixture into piping bags and pipe onto prepared trays about 1 inch circles and 1 inch apart.
    • Bake them for 15-18 minutes and allow to cool before removing from baking sheet,

Ingredients for filling

• 100ml cream
    • 1 tablespoon icing sugar
    • 100g white chocolate
    • Rose water
    • Lavender essence or lavender flowers

Method

• Heat cream to scalding in microwave and then add the chocolate to the cream
    • Allow chocolate to melt with the heat of the cream and whisk together.
    • Once chocolate is completely melted add icing sugar and beat.
    • Half the mixture and add two drops of rose water to one and lavender essence to the other.
    • If you are using lavender flowers, put two lavender flowers into the heated cream and allow it to infuse for a few minutes (this is the method I used).
    • Allow to cool, should be a smooth firm paste.

Assemble

• http://peasepudding.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/lavender-rose-macarons/

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Can't find a single rose extract that's alcohol free..
    Do they have non-alcoholic extracts in England? I know they do for vanilla but haven't found any for rose yet

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis why not just use rose syrup cordial? Is it possible? lol..

Now everytime I read sis qurratulayn's post it will be in a british accent in my mind.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have rose syrup and 'ma ward' but it isn't as potent as extract is it?
    I found one Bulgarian rose extract that's alcohol free but in England and it is absurdly overpriced
    but then again it is understandable it is the queen of flowers and you need a zillion flower to distill so little out..
    anyhow I lost interest now because I ate so many of them-- I don't want to have them for a while..so it is all good
    | Likes Hulk liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

found a really good recipe and I have concluded from this guy that my meringue never works because the egg whites need to be at room temperature.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

please post pics once you've made them

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I put three egg whites out so they'd be at room temp. .. and bought the almond flour and the organic colors so we'll see in shaa Allah.
    I have never made meringue successfully unfortunately so we'll see how it goes with that chef's advise
    | Likes marwen liked this post

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! How many calories are in those Laduree macroons? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How many calories are in those Laduree macroons?