× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 84 visibility 16387

Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

~Zaria~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Assalamu-alaikum brothers and sisters,

Im not expecting everyone to be in complete agreement with the article.......the most knowledgeable scholars have not reached consensus on different matters - and this is fine.
    This is the beauty of Islam.

But, just reflect on what is happening around the world at the moment, and if this is in line with the commandments of Allah (subhanawatáala) and the way of the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

16 September, 2012 by Anas Hlayhel

cr mega 996 coexist&ampw567&amph300&ampzc1&ampq100 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

How should we Muslim react to mockery of our Prophet Muḥammad ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) or should we even react at all?

Just like the cartoons few years ago, the Muslim response to the recent film has been very diverse. From the very mild of responses to the very violent ones, what's most noteworthy is the enormity of the response. Despite the consensus that the film did not deserve the attention it was getting, social media kept being flooded, and still is, with messages defending the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him). So, before another incident of mockery takes place, since it seems that it's only a matter of time before someone else tries to play on the sensitivities of Muslims, let's take some time to examine what the Qur'an has to say about this very issue.

Mockery is Tantamount to Ignorance

Almost every Muslim knows the story of the Cow (Sūrat'l-Baqarah). After all, the longest chapter of the Qur'an is named after this story. To get to the gist, there was an unsolved murder that happened among the Children of Israel during the time of Moses [as] (Mūsa). So Allāh revealed to Moses that in order to solve the murder your people have to slaughter a cow. Of course, when Moses told his people of God's command, their first reaction was shock and disbelief (e.g. what's slaughtering a cow got to do with solving a murder?). The Qur'an says:

2 67 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

“Remember when Moses said to his people, 'God commands you to sacrifice a cow', they said, 'are you making fun of us?' He answered, 'God forbid that I should be so ignorant'” [2:67]

So initially, the Children of Israel thought that Moses was mocking them. But Moses quickly corrected that mockery could never come from a Prophet and he distanced himself from such an act by the expression familiar to Muslims “I seek refuge in God from”. But what we usually miss from this verse is the fact that Moses equated mockery to ignorance. So a learned man (or woman) should never mock anyone or anything under any circumstance. So the next question becomes, how do we deal with ignorance or ignorant people?

Ignore the Ignorant

The Qur'an tells us to dismiss the people of ignorance and not to give a lot of attention to them. It asks us to not engage with them in any conversation, except perhaps to safeguard ourselves from greater harm. For example:

7 199 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

“Be tolerant, command what's right, pay no attention to foolish people” [7:199]

This is such an important matter that the Qur'an makes it one of the traits of the People of God:

25 63 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

“The Servants of the Lord of Mercy are those who walk humbly on Earth, and who, when the foolish address them, reply 'Peace'” [25:63]

The scholars of Qur'an have differed on the meaning of “peace” here. Some take it literally that you simply say the Muslim greeting of “Peace”. But others have argued that “Peace” here means that you end the conversation in a peaceful manner. Regardless of the difference in interpretation, I think we can all agree that the message of the Qur'an is to ignore the ignorant.

On the other hand, we see the Qur'an encouraging us to engage with the people of reason and to even debate them if they have a different point of view:

16 125 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

“Call people to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good teaching, and argue with them in the most courteous way” [16:125]

I mention this here so no one comes and says that Islam forbids conversation with “others.” In fact, Islam encourages debate and the exchanging arguments. But people who mock a religious symbol are not interested in debate or logical arguments. It is the lack of logical arguments that makes them resort to mockery in the first place!

Spare Me the Mockery

We can't leave this subject without contemplating a very interesting verse that speaks to the heart of the issue at hand. This verse address the Prophet Muḥammad ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) himself. It says:

15 95 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

“We have spared you those who ridicule you” [15:95]

In essence, the Qur'an is telling us that when it specifically comes to the issue of mocking the Prophet [SAW], which is exactly the issue that we are dealing with today. Don't take matters in your own hands, rather, God will take care of those who mock the Prophet.

A Call to Respect the Sanctity of Faith Symbols

Lastly, another very interesting and very relevant verse to this discussion in the Qur'an says:

6 108 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

“Do not revile those they call on beside God, so they, in their hostility, revile God, without knowledge” [6:108]

The direct meaning of this verse is that reviling, insulting, or cursing the idols is prohibited because indirectly we are causing our God to be reviled, insulted or cursed. No matter how much we disagree with idol-worship, we cannot mock, insult, or curse idols, idolaters, or idol-worship. This verse is also teaching us that there are always consequences to our actions. Just like we hold our religious symbols very dear to our hearts and we consider them holy or untouchable, people of other faiths will feel the same towards their religious symbols, no matter how ridiculous those symbols may seem to us. Therefore, we should have mutual respect of religious symbols in order to live together in a civilized manner. At the least, we should, as they say, respectfully disagree.

http://muslimmatters.org/2012/09/16/39567/
    | Likes 'Aleena, Riana17, PurpleCup liked this post

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    "Oh Turner of Hearts, keep my heart firm on Your Deen."

Subscribe and Share:
    Seeking the Pleasure of Allah

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    farah-'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

When I viewed the video myself I felt so angry - I felt that I wanted to go to the USA and send the soul of the creator of the '' Prophet Film'' to Allah.
    One thing I don't understand - They expect us Muslims to be quiet whilst thousands of people are watching this film and Google have said they will NOT take down the film. I'm really really angry.

Oh I pray that you show some Miracles of the true Islam in the Dunya
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah!

And this is how its done!! : D

Pakistani Hackers Take Down French Magazine Website for Publishing Blasphemous Cartoons

By Aamir Attaa · Wednesday, Sep 19, 2012

426203 10151178846012899 117861219 n - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

Pakistani hackers have taken down Charlie Hebdo website, a Satirical Weekly Magazine, which published cartoons of Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) in its edition today.

Official website of Charlie Hebdo was immediately taken down by a group of Pakistani hackers, who claim to have targeted the website for publishing blasphemous cartoons.

Website, when last checked, was still inaccessible.

Hacker group which calls itself “Guardian of Honor of Prophet SAW” told ProPakistani over phone that insult of Prophet SAW led them to take this extreme step.

Charlie Hebdo magazine website is currently showing “Website Inaccessible” message, which is apparently short of resources due to a DoS attack. “Guardian of Honor of Prophet SAW” group is confident that they can keep the website down for indefinite time, until they realize their mistake.

In an email communication a member of hacker group wrote to ProPakistani:

The movement has begun, it will rise from heart of every Muslim regardless of age, color, cast and creed, with an aim to preach the masses that Freedom of Speech for hurting the sentiments of Muslims across the world is simply not acceptable.

Dual standards are evidently shown when the free speech is about holocaust but the world least care when they put blasphemous contents about our Prophet SAW.

We will fight till our last drop of blood. We don’t promote violence, instead we peacefully put the down the website that had posted blasphemous content today.

We are ready to close down any blasphemous content published by any group using sophisticated TCP SYN attacks.

This move also shows the world that Muslims can protest in a more peaceful and technological way, instead of killing innocent people.

The French government speaks about freedom of speech, where was the freedom of speech and religion, when they banned Burqa and hijab in france?

We are not a hacker organization or a group, We just demand justice for the hypocrisy that’s going on in the name of ‘freedom of speech’, If the government
    is not taking any action against so called blatant freedom of speech, We will do whatever is necessary to stop the blasphemous content of our holy prophet, and the whole Muslim Ummah is behind us.

http://propakistani.pk/2012/09/19/pa...mous-cartoons/

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

dusk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very interesting article.
    format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~ View Post
    “We have spared you those who ridicule you” [15:95]
    Would you mind to give some context to the unlearned. Who is we and you in this short statement?
    The explanation sounds good but I don't understand the connection.
    format_quote Originally Posted by farah- View Post
    One thing I don't understand - They expect us Muslims to be quiet whilst thousands of people are watching this film and Google have said they will NOT take down the film. I'm really really angry.
    I don't think there is an expectation for being quite. Yet expressing discontent and burning down embassies because of some fools video is a bit over the top. There should be more mature ways of expressing discontent, which more than likely would yield some actual respect.
    The entire riots are not really taken seriously as in the concerns being respected.
    I would say watch the dailyshow once they remove the IP block, something they usually don't have. That sums up the main points of the kind of respect Muslims from the middle east have earned Islam with this angry mob behavior. Obviously only recommended for those that can handle a pundit show.

The thousands of people watching it are probably all Muslims, because really nobody else would ever watch more than 10 seconds of it. Not even a single second because why should they. This reminds me of Sean Lock.
    Search on youtube Sean Lock being offended.
    first 40 seconds.
    Don't be offended from stuff on TV, you have a remote. In short.
    ..., pay no attention to foolish people” [7:199]
    or Stephen Hughes in his being offended part
    That's what you teach children, what you teach toddlers.
    Child: He called me an *****.
    Parent: Don't worry about it he is a ****.

I think taking things with the seriousness the content deserves gets one a long way.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

A commentary of the above verses, taken from Ibn Kathir:

فَاصْدَعْ بِمَا تُؤْمَرُ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

15:94 Therefore openly proclaim what you have been commanded, and turn away from the idolators.
    إِنَّا كَفَيْنَـكَ الْمُسْتَهْزِءِينَ

15:95 Truly, We will suffice you against the mockers,
    الَّذِينَ يَجْعَلُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلـهًا ءَاخَرَ فَسَوْفَ يَعْمَلُونَ

15:96 Who make another god along with Allah; but they will come to know.
    وَلَقَدْ نَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ يَضِيقُ صَدْرُكَ بِمَا يَقُولُونَ

15:97 Indeed, We know that your breast becomes tight because of what they say.
    فَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ وَكُنْ مِّنَ السَّـجِدِينَ

15:98 So glorify the praises of your Lord and be of those who prostrate themselves (to Him).
    وَاعْبُدْ رَبَّكَ حَتَّى يَأْتِيَكَ الْيَقِينُ

15:99 And worship your Lord until the certainty (i.e. death) comes to you.

The Command to proclaim the Truth openly

Allah commanded His Messenger:
    فَاصْدَعْ بِمَا تُؤْمَرُ ... Therefore openly proclaim what you have been commanded,

Allah commanded His Messenger to convey what He sent him with, to proclaim and spread the Message, which means confronting the idolators with it.

Ibn Abbas said that the Ayah,
    فَاصْدَعْ بِمَا تُؤْمَرُ (Therefore openly proclaim that what you have been commanded), means, "Go ahead with it.'' According to another report it means, افْعَلْ مَا تُؤْمَرُ (Therefore proclaim that which you commanded). Mujahid said, "It is reciting the Qur'an aloud during prayer.''

Abu Ubaydah reported that Abdullah bin Mas`ud said, "The Prophet was still practicing and preaching Islam secretly until this Ayah was revealed: فَاصْدَعْ بِمَا تُؤْمَرُ (Therefore openly proclaim that which you are commanded), then he and his Companions came out into the open.''

The Command to turn away from the Idolators, and the Guarantee of Protection against the Mockers

Allah's statement,
    ... وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ﴿٩٤﴾
    and turn away from idolators.

meaning - convey that which has been revealed to you by your Lord, and do not pay attention to the idolators who want to turn you away from the signs of Allah.

وَدُّواْ لَوْ تُدْهِنُ فَيُدْهِنُونَ

They wish that you should compromise for them, so that they would compromise for you. (68:9)

إِنَّا كَفَيْنَاكَ الْمُسْتَهْزِئِينَ ﴿٩٥﴾
    Truly, We will suffice you against the mockers.

Do not fear them because Allah will suffice you against them, and He will protect you from them.

This is like the Ayah:
    يَـأَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ
    O Messenger! Proclaim that which has been revealed to you from your Lord. And if you do not do it, then you have not conveyed His Message. Allah will protect you from mankind. (5:67)

When their evil went to extremes and their mockery of the Messenger of Allah went too far, Allah revealed:

فَاصْدَعْ بِمَا تُؤْمَرُ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
    إِنَّا كَفَيْنَاكَ الْمُسْتَهْزِئِينَ
    الَّذِينَ يَجْعَلُونَ مَعَ اللّهِ إِلـهًا آخَرَ فَسَوْفَ يَعْمَلُونَ

Therefore openly proclaim that which you are commanded, and turn away from the idolators. Truly, We will suffice you against the mockers, who make another god along with Allah; but they will come to know.

format_quote Originally Posted by dusk View Post
    I think taking things with the seriousness the content deserves gets one a long way.
    We take insults to the most beloved to Allah - the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) very seriously.
    Have no doubts about this.

While we do not condone the violent outbursts that have erupted in parts of the world......neither will we ever, remain silent.
    Last edited by ~Zaria~; 09-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I suggest folks also boycott google and youtube for showing the video while they instantly take down excellent videos which they deem offend Jewish sensibilities!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

chat Quote

farah-'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ji'sakallah
    chat Quote

DavidK565's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Hinduism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you were to go on Youtube right now, you would find videos that offend every single group, race, religion, culture, etc. on the planet. Everyone has that right, even though it is highly offensive to the people who are the victims of these videos. In that same vein, you can also find videos, produced by Muslims, that are insulting to Jews and Christians. All groups participate, and all groups are victims.

In order to end this downward cycle, the responses to these types of videos on the part of Muslims has to be tame and peaceful. If there is violence, it will spur on more hate and more videos. It perpetuates the stereotype. And when more videos come out, it will be perceived as more attacks against Islam, which will lead to more violence, and then more negative videos.

If you have faith in your god, then surely you can trust him to punish those who are blaspheming him and the prophet. It is not for you to judge them. The rhetoric will be dialed down if the Muslim populations around the world show that they can take the insults without attacking/killing others.
    | Likes SirZubair, glo, GuestFellow liked this post
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DavidK565 View Post
    If you were to go on Youtube right now, you would find videos that offend every single group, race, religion, culture, etc. on the planet. Everyone has that right, even though it is highly offensive to the people who are the victims of these videos. In that same vein, you can also find videos, produced by Muslims, that are insulting to Jews and Christians. All groups participate, and all groups are victims.
    point being?

In order to end this downward cycle, the responses to these types of videos on the part of Muslims has to be tame and peaceful. If there is violence, it will spur on more hate and more videos. It perpetuates the stereotype. And when more videos come out, it will be perceived as more attacks against Islam, which will lead to more violence, and then more negative videos.
    Indeed there shouldn't be violence however, we've every right to respond!

If you have faith in your god, then surely you can trust him to punish those who are blaspheming him and the prophet. It is not for you to judge them. The rhetoric will be dialed down if the Muslim populations around the world show that they can take the insults without attacking/killing others.
    What sort of logic is that? should we do away with the Judaical system because God will judge? God gave us the system with which to carry out justice in this life. So we're not going to re-write fundamentals to suit your point of view, especially a point of view that supports only vice. I have never seen a culture so promoting of rottenness, weed and vice and making it so audacious to point out what's wrong with that line of thinking!
    | Likes ba51th liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    dusk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We take insults to the most beloved to Allah - the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) very seriously.
    Have no doubts about this.
    That seems rather obvious. But do you have to take any retard seriously.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by dusk View Post
    That seems rather obvious. But do you have to take any retard seriously.
    I wish these videos/ cartoons and blaspehemous statements were actually the products of 'retards' (those with low cognitive abilities, who cannot be held liable for their actions).

The fact is that these attacks against our prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) arise from those who possess enough knowledge, are able to distinguish right from wrong and who are aware of the repercussions of their actions.

Yet still, continue with their malicious plans - intentionally.

They wish to be seen as retards.

But, their schemes are plain for all to see.

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

Banu_Hashim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

| Likes glo liked this post

‘Say: If the ocean were ink wherewith to write out the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted, even if We added another ocean like it.’~Al Qu'raan (18:109)

2533160 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^
    Love it, Inquilaab!

A good reminder that not everything on Youtube is vile and negative and to be avoided!
    Last edited by glo; 09-20-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

On a related note, this is what Ibn Tayimyyah (r) has said: Trying to disgrace our religion or to curse our Prophet is considered an act of war (and can not be tolerated). [as-Saarim pg.82]

I am not suggesting that we act disorderly and recklessly, but to take proactive steps that produce a permanent change should be the focus and result of our endeavours. I don't see how this will be achieved by attacking embassies as the message is still not strong and direct enough. Nevertheless, our stance to these insults must always be as mentioned by Ibn Taymiyyah.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 09-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    | Likes Snowflake liked this post

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really think it's pointless to even protest about these videos. Your indirectly giving publicity to the video. There will always be people who mock the Prophet (P.B.U.H). We need to accept this (unless we lived in an Islamic state) and move on.

Many of us didn't even know the video even existed until people started protesting about it. Actually protest may not be the right term to use. It just seems people are expressing themselves, which they are entitled to...but at the same time, I do hope they are aware of the consequences because they are the reason why this video has become so popular.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post
    I really think it's pointless to even protest about these videos. Your indirectly giving publicity to the video. There will always be people who mock the Prophet (P.B.U.H). We need to accept this (unless we lived in an Islamic state) and move on.

Many of us didn't even know the video even existed until people started protesting about it. Actually protest may not be the right term to use. It just seems people are expressing themselves, which they are entitled to...but at the same time, I do hope they are aware of the consequences because they are the reason why this video has become so popular.
    As Ibn Taymiyyah (r) also said: the one who doesn't enjoin the good and forbid the evil is either weak or he is a coward.

I refuse to accept the fact that people should be given a licence to insult our Messenger, especially due to our passiveness and silence. This in itself is a form of approval of these acts.

It is not befitting for a Muslim to remain silent and become passive when his religion, his Messenger and His Lord are in the frame of discussion. Iman in Islam is belief in the heart, statements on the tongue and actions of the limbs. You are obliged as a Muslim to stand up and confront these situations, to denounce them and fight against them in your the heart, in your words and in your actions. It is not permissible for any Muslim to stand down and withdraw when he has the ability to fight back.

You can either grab the bull by the horns and stand up for what you believe in, or take your place among the weak and incapable who are the most useless of people in every society.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 09-20-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    | Likes Snowflake, جوري, ~Zaria~, ba51th liked this post

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”

chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    I refuse to accept the fact that people should be given a licence to insult our Messenger, especially due to our passiveness and silence. This in itself is a form of approval of these acts.

It is not befitting for a Muslim to remain silent and become passive when his religion, his Messenger and His Lord are in the frame of discussion. Iman in Islam is belief in the heart, statements on the tongue and actions of the limbs. You are obliged as a Muslim to stand up and confront these situations, to denounce them and fight against them in your the heart, in your words and in your actions. It is not permissible for any Muslim to stand down and withdraw when he has the ability to fight back.

People insult the Prophet (P.B.U.H) on a daily basis.

First, it is not practicable to prevent every single human being to stop insulting the Prophet (P.B.U.H). It is not going to work. Therefore, there are situations when to get involved and when not to get involved.

Second, I said Muslims are allowed to protest but at least be aware of the consequences. In other words, are you helping the situation or making it worse? I personally remain silent because I don't want to give this video any more publicity. The act to avoid giving the video any publicity is a way to prevent people being aware of it. Therefore, I'm doing something good.

Third, there are situations which I find it is reasonable to protest against anti-Islamic material. For example, let's assume a famous Hollywood producer made a video that insulted the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H). In this case, the mainstream media and the public will definitely be aware of this film. So I do believe in this case it's fine to protest against the film.

However, the video that was made now was not even heard of. It's Muslims fault that this video is becoming popular because they were the one who gave it so much publicity by protesting. By ignoring the video is a way of ending this video.

Besides what have you done to protest against this video? Hope it is not grabbing bulls by the horn. :/
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 09-20-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    | Likes SirZubair, Roasted Cashew liked this post

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe that everything should be done in a peaceful manner. Whether protests or demonstrations etc are done, but protestors shouldn't become violent. It is wrong to lash out in anger at those who are not responsible directly. Even at the time of the Prophet (SAW) when many Meccan idolators were persecuting and torturing the Muslims and the Prophet (SAW) directly, the Muslims didn't lash out at all Meccans. Likewise, it's not right to take revenge on all americans or french etc.

I think that Muslims should of course show that they are upset by what has happened. libel and insult is not freedom of speech and it is not accepted in the law of any country. In my business law book i read that defaming another's character is a criminal offense. it does not fall under freedom of speech. so how can anyone justify the debasing of the character of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) who had the best and purest character? Just because he is no longer living doesn't mean that the law doesn't apply to him. How would americans feel if someone debased George Washington? I'm sure they would be mad.

protesting peacefully, holding banners/posters with a few lines highlighting the beautiful character of the Prophet (SAW) will be a better way to deal with this. When such posters are read by the nonmuslims, they'll be informed about Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and what the cartoons and film is trying to achieve will be stopped.

In addition to that, Muslims can mail or give out out a leaflet (email) with the great qualities of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to everyone they know as well as companies, etc to inform the people about the real character of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

Finally, I am very happy to hear that the website of the french magazine has been downed.

Here is an article about Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that people can give out to others (You can see the original at http://www.islamicboard.com/dawah/13...ml#post1527232 and format it in similar manner:

Who is Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of God be upon him

You have seen many comics / cartoons about Prophet Muhammad—God’s Peace and Blessings be on him. But do you know who Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم is? Read on to find out.

Final Messenger of God

Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the final Prophet and final Messenger of Allah. God says in Chapter 33, verse 40 of the Holy Quran (God’s final Book for mankind’s guidance): ...But he is the Messenger of Allah and the Last of the Prophets. And Allah has full knowledge of all things.

Excellent Character

Prophet Muhammad was at the exalted standard of character. Chapter 68, The Pen, verse 4 states: And surely you (O Muhammad) are on an exalted standard of character.

Even today, the world has witnessed that Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the number 1 greatest man on earth, even surpassing Prophet Jesus عليهم السلام (God’s peace be on him) who was set as number 2!

No one can dishonor Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم because Almighty God has guaranteed honor for him.

God says in chapter 63, Al-Munafiqoon (The Hypocrites), verse 8: … But honor, power, and glory belong to Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم ) and to the believers … .

Given Miraculous Book
    The Holy Quran, the final Revelation of God to mankind, was revealed to Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم over 1,400 years ago. The Holy Quran is a miraculous statement and a proof and evidence of the Prophethood of Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم . Furthermore, it is a self-witness book that it cannot be a human statement. It is a divine statement, that is, the Word of God Allah. Today, the Holy Quran is a challenge to the most modern scientists. See the following facts in the Holy Quran. These facts were revealed over 1400 years ago in the Holy Quran but are discovered by scientists in the present era.
    •Stages of development of fetus, chapter 23 – Al-Mo’minoon, verses 12—14 and chapter 22 - Hajj, verse 5.
    •Pain-sensitive nerve endings located in the skin, chapter 4 - Al-Nisa, verse 56.
    •Motion of the sun in space, chapter 36 –Yasin, verse 38.
    •Increase in the vastness of the universe, chapter 51 – Al-Dhariyaat, verse 47.
    •Cure in honey, chapter 16 –Al-Nahl, verse 69.
    •The Big Bang Theory, chapter 21 –Al-anbiya, verse 30
    •Miraculous preservation of the Holy Quran, chapter 15 –Al-Hijr, verse 9.
    •Fetus in three darknesses in the womb, chapter 39 –Al-Zumar, verse 6.
    You can find many other miraculous statements in the Holy Quran which science is discovering now.

Divinely Guided

The Character of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was a miracle. He was divinely guided. Even his enemies called him As-saadiq (the truthful) and Al-Ameen (the trustworthy).
    •Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the ruler of the Muslim nation but he fed others before he ate himself. He was never proud.

•He fought against the oppressors to free the weak and the poor people.

•He called mankind to the obedience and worship of the One, Single, and Unique God—The Lord of the worlds—so that mankind might be saved from the everlasting Hellfire.

•He took care of orphans, widows, and the poor and weak people and protected them from the cruel unjust people.

•He followed the order of God Allah and gave the notice of war to those who charged debtors to pay interest on loans as per chapter 2, verse 279 of the Holy Quran.

•He taught to give a beautiful loan without interest and also to give charity to poor people.

•The Holy Wars he fought were always in the battlefield with the transgressing attackers confronting enemies and never with the inhabitants in the cities or villages. Civilians were never killed in wars.

•He had been patient for 12 1/2 years, finally migrating from his birthplace to escape the cruel transgressors who wouldn’t let them live with their new religion.

•He conquered Makkah without a battle or war. He was a winner against all attackers and never tortured prisoners or the defeated armies. Due to his kind behavior, most prisoners and defeated people accepted islam.

•He gave freedom to slaves in a wise, divine way.

•He banned prostitution and illegal sex relations out of wedlock. This resulted in restoring the rights of women and children. As by marriage, the fathers were legally obliged to take responsibility of their wives and children, so oppression on women came to an end.

•He gave women legal and inheritance rights as per divine instruction.

•He made pious, strong, and stable society free of crime and injustice.
    The enemies of humanity have always been against the Final Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم but he has been and will be the winner here and in the Hereafter.

Allah promised an endless reward for him: And verily for you (O Muhammad) will be an endless reward. Chapter 68, The Pen, verse 3.

For more information about Islam go to http://www.islam-guide.com
    Last edited by Muhaba; 09-20-2012 at 09:35 PM.

chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Scimi
    | Likes Banu_Hashim liked this post

15noje9 1 - Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post

People insult the Prophet (P.B.U.H) on a daily basis.

First, it is not practicable to prevent every single human being to stop insulting the Prophet (P.B.U.H). It is not going to work. Therefore, there are situations when to get involved and when not to get involved.

Second, I said Muslims are allowed to protest but at least be aware of the consequences. In other words, are you helping the situation or making it worse? I personally remain silent because I don't want to give this video any more publicity. The act to avoid giving the video any publicity is a way to prevent people being aware of it. Therefore, I'm doing something good.

Third, there are situations which I find it is reasonable to protest against anti-Islamic material. For example, let's assume a famous Hollywood producer made a video that insulted the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H). In this case, the mainstream media and the public will definitely be aware of this film. So I do believe in this case it's fine to protest against the film.

However, the video that was made now was not even heard of. It's Muslims fault that this video is becoming popular because they were the one who gave it so much publicity by protesting. By ignoring the video is a way of ending this video.

Besides what have you done to protest against this video? Hope it is not grabbing bulls by the horn. :/
    I don't want to mention what I have done because there are others who have far surpassed my efforts. My efforts cannot be compared to theirs so I prefer not to mention my deeds.

I do however encourage all Muslims to speak out, to write and to be proactive in spreading Islamic awareness. The majority of Muslims in the west are educated and have developed strengths in various fields. Each individual Muslim can use his strength to defend his faith, and can compensate in his shortcomings with the strengths of his Muslim brother.

There are some who are good with computers and can use the internet to their advantage to address specific problems, like addressing this recent blasphemous video through YouTube or making websites for example. Brothers can go on the radio (either call in to a show or host a radio show themselves) and discuss and inform listeners about the truth of the Messenger (saw), as this has proved to be popular in the past. The point I am try to make is that everyone has some sort of skill or access to a utility that can aid them to speak out, educated the ignorant and defend Islam. The worst thing a Muslim can do is turn a blind eye and become passive as this will do nothing to solve the problem.

Some brothers I know have taken a proactive step to have close relations with their local mosque. Now they hold regular circles to educate Muslims in their locality and this has been the case for the past few years. And these brothers are not old, they are as young 23. The speakers whom they invite discuss current affairs and give advice on how we should deal with them, and now mashaa'Allah a lot of brothers now are taking more informed steps to defend Islam. Other brothers have upped their da'wah as non-Muslims have shown an interest in knowing the truth about Islam and the Messenger.

One must do something productive and never be passive, one should not even encourage passiveness.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 09-20-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    | Likes ~Zaria~ liked this post

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Mocking the Prophet, How Should We React?