× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 13736

Why are there Ants(small) on my table?

Samiun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs down Why are there Ants(small) on my table?

Report bad ads?

Why, Why, Why? Okay I have a dusty router with dusty cables, a dusty study-lamp, a stack of books and an unused mousepad so why is there ants crawling on my table. I rarely and almost never bring food to eat or water to drink inside my room so why are these creatures keep on coming? I mean, it's not like I'm afraid of ants but I usually accidentally kill them when I'm dragging my text book around. It's haram to kill insects that are harmless right? Any1 have any ideas on how to stop them?
    | Likes Endymion liked this post

Please Make Dua' For Samiun..

“Whoever records a biography of a believer, it is as though he has brought him or her back to life.” - Imam Al-Sakhawi
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sci's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why are there Ants(small) on my table?

There are many products you can buy which get rid of ants
    look up in internet 'how to get rid of ants' etc
    chat Quote

Signor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun View Post
    Why, Why, Why? Okay I have a dusty router with dusty cables, a dusty study-lamp, a stack of books and an unused mousepad so why is there ants crawling on my table. I rarely and almost never bring food to eat or water to drink inside my room so why are these creatures keep on coming? I mean, it's not like I'm afraid of ants but I usually accidentally kill them when I'm dragging my text book around. It's haram to kill insects that are harmless right? Any1 have any ideas on how to stop them?
    ANTS LOVE YOU..Simply

What we do here in situation like these is to put some wheat flour in a near corner,usually ants take it and disappear in a hour or two.

Other method is use of any pesticide to kill them all

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow View Post

ANTS LOVE YOU..Simply

What we do here in situation like these is to put some wheat flour in a near corner,usually ants take it and disappear in a hour or two.

Other method is use of any pesticide to kill them all
    I don't think they will, because it always come backs for more

“Whoever records a biography of a believer, it is as though he has brought him or her back to life.” - Imam Al-Sakhawi
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

get a bug spray.. ants are clever they'll find a way.. I did an experiment ones where I put sugar in a bowl and surrounded it with water to see if they'd get to it. They formed a bridge of their own bodies.. many of them died along the way, brave creatures and eventually they made a solid bridge which made them brilliant on top of brave..
    or you can make an ant farm and make a buck off them by being more clever!
    Who said you can't kill em? Of course you can and should.. they belong out in the wild not on your picnic table..

and Allah swt knows best

| Likes Innocent Soul, Endymion liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Why are there Ants(small) on my table?

chat Quote

Endymion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Spring and Roses.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhanallah,there is a person at the other corner of the world facing almost the same problem we are facing these days.But ours is too huge as we have ants all around our kitchen in spite of i use several insect killer and i put the insect killing powder every where but everytime they find a way to reach there.Last time they appear from the socket and trust me they are hundreds of them every time.Red in color and eat everything,even they ate my brothers shirt which he brought through internet and they ate the logo made of some kinda material My brother is real angry and he took his revenge by putting them all in a tub full of water adding washing powder in it But we can't put anything here and there,they reach it in seconds.

A small creature has now become a challenge for us and now i understand why Allah SWT dedicated a whole chapter in Quran to tiny thing
    | Likes Periwinkle18, جوري, Innocent Soul liked this post

أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

400W91 1 - Why are there Ants(small) on my table?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah when I was in Egypt I was having all sorts of fun with them.. they ate me and the blood sucking insects sucked my blood I wasn't spared..
    There's an even worse type we call them 'Persian ants' warrior type large and can fly.. those I don't dare torture as I haven't seen them since I was a kid and they frightened me they weren't cute at all.
    Just call an exterminator then. Somethings need industrial strength spray because they develop resistance. Ants are extremely resilient you know, they're amazing if they weren't so bloody annoying..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Why are there Ants(small) on my table?

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb,

Please don't kill them. They always reminded of the story of the ant in the Quran.

I had ants coming in my kitchen and crawling over my work top. No matter how clean I kept it, they'd still come and just walk around doing nothing in particular. What I did was find the route they are coming in from, and left yogurt pot lid with a drop of honey diluted with water in it. I cut the rim off one side so they could get to the honey easily and they would drink it everyday and stopped climing on the worktop.

The best part was when I found them on my work top again and realized I'd forgotten to put their honey out for them. My cousin who was there at the time was giving me tips to get rid of them. I told her to just watch. I put the honey down and within seconds they started crawling back down to the floor again. Subhan Allah! My cousin couldn't believe her eyes. They stayed with me for a few weeks and I was sad
    to see them go.
    | Likes Innocent Soul, Endymion liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Please don't kill them.
    format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I had ants coming in my kitchen and crawling over my work top.
    sis.. this is a most unusual story.. unless you want to look for new residence and leave them with this one it is not a good idea to foster their stay lol..
    mint on their pillow and all.
    Last edited by جوري; 10-26-2012 at 02:10 PM.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhanallah,there is a person at the other corner of the world facing almost the same problem we are facing these days.But ours is too huge as we have ants all around our kitchen in spite of i use several insect killer and i put the insect killing powder every where but everytime they find a way to reach there.Last time they appear from the socket and trust me they are hundreds of them every time.Red in color and eat everything,even they ate my brothers shirt which he brought through internet and they ate the logo made of some kinda material My brother is real angry and he took his revenge by putting them all in a tub full of water adding washing powder in it But we can't put anything here and there,they reach it in seconds.
    I laughed the first time I read this, glad Im not the only one facing this problem here.

Why those are the tastiest I hear.. muscular all red meat.. they're top notch and when cooked become extra crispy outside.. are you nuts you can make a fortune.. pls share the profit with your sister (me)
    I think Im gonna throw up.. Jokes aside, I used to eat ants when I was a kid because they always crawl to my milk bottle and I still do when they make their way towards my food.

Please don't kill them. They always reminded of the story of the ant in the Quran.

I had ants coming in my kitchen and crawling over my work top. No matter how clean I kept it, they'd still come and just walk around doing nothing in particular. What I did was find the route they are coming in from, and left yogurt pot lid with a drop of honey diluted with water in it. I cut the rim off one side so they could get to the honey easily and they would drink it everyday and stopped climing on the worktop.

The best part was when I found them on my work top again and realized I'd forgotten to put their honey out for them. My cousin who was there at the time was giving me tips to get rid of them. I told her to just watch. I put the honey down and within seconds they started crawling back down to the floor again. Subhan Allah! My cousin couldn't believe her eyes. They stayed with me for a few weeks and I was sad to see them go.
    I think that's a brilliant idea and an interesting story. But wouldn't it attract other insects such as Cockroaches?

chat Quote

tw009's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh God! we are having the same problem. But we have these tiny cockroaches that roam around in the kitchen but now I also see them in my room!

...and for the past few days fruit flies have taken over our house.
    | Likes Innocent Soul liked this post

"Allâh is sufficient for me. None has the right to be worshiped but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne."[Tawbah: 129]
    chat Quote

White Rose's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tw009 View Post
    But we have these tiny cockroaches that roam around in the kitchen but now I also see them in my room!
    Tell me about it, I am sick and tired of cockroaches. If I get rid of one, 20 more are born....
    I need to find an effective method to get rid of them

chat Quote

Endymion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Spring and Roses.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you need a homemade tip for cockroaches,you might find this effective.

Take a table spoon of flour,sugar and boric acid and mix them with the help of water to make a dough.Now make smalls balls and paste them where cockroaches come.It will complete its action in 7 days Inshallah but dont remove the balls untill they are completely finished.
    | Likes White Rose liked this post

أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

400W91 1 - Why are there Ants(small) on my table?
    chat Quote

Mistrique's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is possible that they have built a colony nearby. If you can follow them and they will lead you back to their home. If you destroy the mother ship and all of that...
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    joyous fairy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam alaykum..

this happened in my house a few months ago! They appeared out of nowhere and were crawling from corner to corner. Some of them grew wings too but didn't seem to know how to use them lol. Apparently mixing flour and sugar and scattering it on the area they are coming from makes them go away. It worked a few times for us.
    chat Quote

20. Hide
Hey there! Why are there Ants(small) on my table? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why are there Ants(small) on my table?