× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 96 visibility 16614

A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah ♥

~Zaria~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

A poor righteous man asked a father for the hand of his daughter in marriage, but he refused because the young man didn’t have enough money in his bank account. Then that father accepted to give his daughter in marriage to a rich man who wasn’t a practicing Muslim.

People asked the father:” how could you accept to marry your daughter to such person?” he just replied:“Allah The Guide, will show him the right path InshaAllah”.

But didn’t he know that Al Hadi “The Guide” who will guide that rich man, is Ar-Razzaq “The Provider”, who will provide for that poor man?

Allah says in Qur’an: “And marry those among you who are single and the pious of your slaves and maid-servants. If they be poor, Allah will enrich them out of His grace. Allah is of ample means, Aware.” [ Sûrah al-Nûr : 32]

Unfortunately we are in a time where status and wealth are more important than Deen and good manners!

We are in a time where some parents think that money is the secret of their daughter’s happiness.

They forget that a righteous husband is the key to her Jannah and that is the ultimate happiness. They forget that marrying their daughter to a righteous man, they makes sure that the husband gives her happiness for the sake of Allah. If the man has a healthy relationship with Allah Azzawajal, he will be good to her for Allah’s sake, he will automatically obey her, respect her, love her and care about her for the sake of Allah (swt).

If you rely on Allah, just give your daughter or son's hand to a pious person.

Source: unknown

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    "Oh Turner of Hearts, keep my heart firm on Your Deen."

Subscribe and Share:
    Seeking the Pleasure of Allah

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Qurratul Ayn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah ♥

If only the majority of people had that view, wow, what a world we would have lived in.

But, alas, financial criteria has to be met above all others, which is absolutely ridiculous. How many houses? How many businesses? How much weight in gold? How many sarees, lenghas, jilbabs? How many? How much? Where shall we have the wedding? It has to be at the most expensive location ever!

Why are people so fickle??? Namaaz, the Qur'aan are sooooooo important. People, people, people, you make me weep.

Great post, Sister ~Zaria~

O Allaah only you can guide and keep us on the straight and true path. Let us not fall into our sins but follow the righteous deeds of Muhammad and all those who followed him. Please give us the strength to do so.
    | Likes Muhaba, Endymion, Abz2000, ~Zaria~, _Y168, Shaykha liked this post

فَبِأَيِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
    "Then which of the favours of Your Lord will ye deny?"
    Al-Qur'aan; Surah Ar-Rahman

chat Quote

Ramadan90's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow. If all women had that attitude....

I would say that this applies vice versa as well. I hope to find a righteous wife inshallah.
    | Likes Rhubarb Tart liked this post
    chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

nice post sis

pious ppl r hard to find...
    | Likes PurpleCup liked this post

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah ♥

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    A-Brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I AGREE 100% With The Posts Above.

Relating To The Hadith. Nowadays We Look At The Lineage, Wealth, Beauty But Very Few Go For The Righteous One - The One With Taqwa. May Allah Guide All Of You Righteous Partners.

Note: Find The Person Who Has Taqwa
    | Likes Rhubarb Tart, _Y168, Shaykha liked this post
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~ View Post
    They forget that a righteous husband is the key to her Jannah and that is the ultimate happiness. They forget that marrying their daughter to a righteous man, they makes sure that the husband gives her happiness for the sake of Allah. If the man has a healthy relationship with Allah Azzawajal, he will be good to her for Allah’s sake, he will automatically obey her, respect her, love her and care about her for the sake of Allah (swt).

If you rely on Allah, just give your daughter or son's hand to a pious person.
    A religious or otherwise righteous person, while being a pre-requisite, doesn't automatically mean that a person will be good to his wife, and that, unfortunately, is a sad fact of life.

Religiousity is of course the pre-requisite, but sometimes such people are not good to their wives, and sometimes conversely, people not known for being very religious can have the most amazing manners towards their families.

In a hadeeth, which is graded as weak by some, and hasan by others, the Prophet is reported to have said: "When someone whose religion and character you are pleased with comes to you (for your daughters hand) then marry (her to) him..." (part of a longer hadeeth from Tirmidhi 270)

Notice it doesn't just mention deen, but adds to that character. While deen and character should go hand in hand and one should automatically lead to the other, that is not always the case, and that is why character has been mentioned alongside. Indeed, Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) once said that a person should not attest to the goodness of someone just because they go to the mosque regularly.

So it is very important, for parents to look not only at deen and religiousity, but his character and temperament, is he known for having a bad temper, is he harsh in his dealings, and other aspects of character. Nothing can ruin a home more than constant agitation, stress, anger etc. Otherwise, he could perhaps become the key to her jannah, but also to her living hell.

And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 10-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    | Likes Ibn Abi Ahmed, Rhubarb Tart, Abu Zainab liked this post

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

Hulk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “If a woman observes her five daily prayers, fasts during the month of Ramadhan, guards her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter Paradise through any of the gates she wishes.”
    [Ibn Hibban ~ Hadith Sahih]

| Likes tigerkhan liked this post

RE0IROm 1 - A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah ♥
    chat Quote

islamica's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We often find young religious minded people on forum such as this one. They all talk about religion being important than duniya and marrying someone for deen. They also state it's hard to find such people, implying they are looking and have not had much success. There are single brothers and sisters here, so why do they not consider marrying each other from here? The very thought of something like that happening puts them on the defensive. If a brother to ask a sister on here to express interest, the reaction would be that they are not looking online or would marry someoneline from online or from a forum. I would say vice versa but often that is not the case. I've seen this happen on a few other forums as well. So I guess does that leave forums for talking about how islamically it should be this way or that way and once everyone is done sharing their thoughts and expertise and goes off line, it's life as usual? just a thought....
    Last edited by islamica; 10-31-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    chat Quote

A-Brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

“Do not marry women on account of their beauty, for it is possible that this very beauty may become the cause of her destruction. Neither marry women because of their wealth for it is possible this may be a cause for her rebellion and mischief. Rather marry women because of their piety. A lowly slave girl graced with piety and noble character is infinitely superior to a beautiful high class women of poor character.” (Sunan Ibn Majah P133)

The Prophet said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her piety. So you should marry the religious woman and achieve success.

(Ashrafs Blessings Of Marriage) - A Recommended Book
    | Likes _Y168 liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    _Y168's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ I just heard that Hadeeth today on Islam Channel during Hajj Live streaming.

chat Quote

~Zaria~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamica View Post
    We often mind young religious minded people on forum such as this one. They all talk about religion being important than duniya and marrying someone for deen. They also state it's hard to find such people, implying they are looking and have not had much success. There are single brothers and sisters here, so why do they not consider marrying each other from here? The very thought of something like that happening puts them on the defensive. If a brother to ask a sister on here to express interest, the reaction would be that they are not looking online or would marry someoneline from online or from a forum. I would say vice versa but often that is not the case. I've seen this happen on a few other forums as well. So I guess does that leave forums for talking about how islamically it should be this way or that way and once everyone is done sharing their thoughts and expertise and goes off line, it's life as usual? just a thought....
    Assalamu-alaikum,

I agree with you sister.

I think if a brother/ sister has a genuine interest in another with a view to marriage - and not with the intention of idle chatting up of the opposite gender, then there should be a means available for this.

However, having said this, I guess from the forums point view - this is not meant to be a 'match-making' site, and there needs to a level of control with regards to interaction between each other.

Perhaps, I can suggest that if the above situation does arise (i.e where one member is sincerely/ genuinely/ no-intention-to-fool-around interested in another), then he/ she can write to admin requesting them to act as mediators? (which would basically mean, assessing if the other member is interested as well, getting the sisters walli involved in the communication, etc).

Its most likely that the brothers would initiate contact (i think)......most sisters are probably too shy to do so......

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    "Oh Turner of Hearts, keep my heart firm on Your Deen."

Subscribe and Share:
    Seeking the Pleasure of Allah

chat Quote

Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

After reading this thread, I thought that if I ever get a daughter, I will tell her the following when she becomes of marriageable age: Choose for your husband a righteous man rather than a wealthy man, for I am unable to make your husband any more righteous than he already is, but as for money, that I am able to give you

(This of course requires that I am rich when this happens, which is not quite true at the moment, but I intend to rectify that in the meantime)
    | Likes Alpha Dude, Mustafa2012 liked this post
    chat Quote

Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3 View Post
    Wow. If all women had that attitude....

I would say that this applies vice versa as well. I hope to find a righteous wife inshallah.
    Well, as I said in the other thread, then you should seriously hide, or at least not be upfront about, the fact that you are a (future) doctor. If a woman would not marry you if you were a taxi driver, she is consequently utterly undeserving of a doctor husband

And no, I don't have any idea about how to carry out the deception in a way that would neither be impractical nor immoral
    chat Quote

Asiyaah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Inshallah, I hope someday I can find a nice Muslim man who can teach me about Islam, such as how to pray, etc. Thus far I haven't met a single practising Muslim man.
    A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah &#9829;

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Mustafa2012's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There was a story about a father who prevented his daughter from getting married to men that were religious and of good character for no legitimate reason. I'll try to find the link to it.

Anyway she turned ill after a while and when she was dying she made du'aa to Allaah to prevent her father from entering Paradise because he prevented her from getting married to people for no legitimate reason.
    | Likes Predator liked this post
    chat Quote

Predator's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012 View Post
    There was a story about a father who prevented his daughter from getting married to men that were religious and of good character for no legitimate reason. I'll try to find the link to it.

Anyway she turned ill after a while and when she was dying she made du'aa to Allaah to prevent her father from entering Paradise because he prevented her from getting married to people for no legitimate reason.
    If only all women thought that way . Many Men are also in the same position as the daughter

That legimate reason for the father would have been that men werent simply not rich enough. They're all the same these days, always making excessive demands of housing ,furniture ,car and that grandchildren should be put in the best schools .doesnt suprise me
    | Likes Mustafa2012 liked this post

When truth is hurled at falsehood , falsehood perishes. because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish [21:18- Holy quran]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    If only all women thought that way . Many Men are also in the same position as the daughter

That legimate reason for the father would have been that men werent simply not rich enough. They're all the same these days, always making excessive demands of housing ,furniture ,car and that grandchildren should be put in the best schools .doesnt suprise me
    I can understand why some parents are so focused on the material side but you don't really need to be wealthy to live a decent life.

I mean as long as someone has a good job or business and can provide a comfortable house (which doesn't have to be owned), enough food, clothing and treat his wife well then that is sufficient according to Shari'ah requirements.

The problem is when some parents go to extremes and want to compete with their relatives and be seen as having the richest son in law. Sometimes the reasons are selfish for e.g. they expect that rich son in law to spend on them (i.e the parents rather than the daughter)

This is what puts pressure on their children and sometimes the children get into haraam relationships because their parents prevented them from a halal one for no legitimate Islamic reason.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can understand why some parents are so focused on the material side but you don't really need to be wealthy to live a decent life.

I mean as long as someone has a good job or business and can provide a comfortable house (which doesn't have to be owned), enough food, clothing and treat his wife well then that is sufficient according to Shari'ah requirements.

The problem is when some parents go to extremes and want to compete with their relatives and be seen as having the richest son in law. Sometimes the reasons are selfish for e.g. they expect that rich son in law to spend on them (i.e the parents rather than the daughter)

This is what puts pressure on their children and sometimes the children get into haraam relationships because their parents prevented them from a halal one for no legitimate Islamic reason.
    Yes and if they cant compete with their relatives ,they r considered as loser and not marriage material and then they get into those haraam relation because they know that they will never be able to earn a salary enough to meet their parents high expectations . No doubt,Those haraam relationship is what the Prophet (peace be upon him) was referring to when he meant "immorality and corruption " in the hadith below

Abû Hurayrah relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If a suitor approaches whose religion and character please you, then let him marry. Otherwise, there will be a lot of immorality and corruption in the world." [Sunan al-Tirmidh
    | Likes Mustafa2012 liked this post

When truth is hurled at falsehood , falsehood perishes. because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish [21:18- Holy quran]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes brother.

Nowadays some parents consider following their own personal opinions and cultural practices as more important than following the guidance that Allaah and His Messenger gave us.

And then they wonder why their children get involved in haraam relationships and why their children are the talk of the town.

P.S. If anyone is in a situation where their parents are choosing a non practising wealthy person over someone who has enough to meet his and his potential wife's needs but is practising and of good character then I advise you to have sabr and make constant du'aa to Allaah to open your parents hearts to the truth.
    Last edited by Mustafa2012; 10-31-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Update
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mustafa, I was wondering whether you have the reference no for this hadith and also let me know if you have a similar for a son in the same position.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah &#9829; Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A righteous husband is the key to her Jannah &#9829;