× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2960

Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?

Report bad ads?

Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ? What if a Muslim Man or Woman can't get Married like they are viewed as Unattractive ? Or they are Disabled and not one will marry them ? Or if they are too poor since many people only want to marry people who are rich or make a lot of money ? What if a person has no sexual desires at all they are asexual ? Can Celibacy be halal in these cases ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celibacy
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?

Sayyid Qutb never married. Anyone know any other Muslime like this in history or today ? I have talked to Muslims who no have desire to marry.

Though Islam gave him much peace and contentment,[16] he suffered from respiratory and other health problems throughout his life and was known for "his introvertedness, isolation, depression and concern." In appearance, he was "pale with sleepy eyes."[17] Qutb never married, in part because of his steadfast religious convictions. While the urban Egyptian society he lived in was becoming more Westernized, Qutb believed that 'the current ideas of the society and its prevalent traditions apply great pressure - back-breaking pressure, especially in the case of women; the Muslim woman is really under extreme and oppressive pressure'.[18] Qutb joked to his readers that he was never able to find a woman and had to reconcile himself to bachelorhood.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid_Qutb

Also is birth control only allowed in Islam for certain reasons what about Coitus interruptus is Coitus interruptus a form of birth control can Coitus interruptus only be used for health reasons is sex mostly used for procreation or procreation only not the feeling thank you ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio..._birth_control
    Last edited by truthseeker63; 12-13-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You'll find it hard to celibate in the current climate we are in, unless your eyes are detached from their sockets and you lose your hearing.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree I can't stop liking Women no matter what age.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    MustafaMc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe that one may choose to not marry as long as he does not have the intention of being or appearing more righteous or holy because he can control his/her sexual urges like monks who seclude themselves in monasteries away from society.
    chat Quote

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaamu Alaikum,

From what I remember, scholars like Imam Nawawi (ra), Ibn Taymiyyah (ra), Said Nursi (ra), Tabari (ra) didn't get married. But these scholars were giants, who were so engrossed in seeking knowledge that they probably just didn't have time for it.

Some Prophets didn't get married either;

x3wwme 1 - Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?

Marriage is important though, and you really should try to get married. If you don't, it's not exactly considered haraam, but if you have temptations (ie. when you look at women), then you really should get married to avoid falling into any major sin.
    Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Salam my question is is Celibacy ever halal ?