× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 31 visibility 3974

Small girl crying?

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Small girl crying?

Report bad ads?

I was coming back from WORK. I usually go into town for a while. Most people think I'm a school student. XD I take off my tie and my shirt is not tucked in. o_o

I saw this ADORABLE little girl standing in the middle of the shopping mall. She must have been about 5 years old or even younger. She looked lost and was crying. To me no one was actually going to help her. I am NOT the type of person to interfere in these situations, but I was going to ask the little girl where her parents were.

Her dad spotted her. He was in some designer clothes shop. Anyway, I dashed off. People can get the wrong idea these days. I doubt anyone even noticed I was walking towards the girl.

Was I about to do something stupid?
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 12-17-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    Small girl crying?

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Small girl crying?

I'm worried for you guestfellow...i really am
    | Likes GuestFellow liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Okay. Your worse than my auntie. o_o

Anyway, is it bad to help kids if they appear to be lost? This child was lost, but only for a few minutes. The way I was dressed may have given people the impression I was up to no good. And no, I'm not a Pee Da File (PDF).
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 12-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Small girl crying?

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow View Post
    ^ Okay. Your worse than my auntie. o_o

Anyway, is it bad to help kids if they appear to be lost? This child was lost, but only for a few minutes. The way I was dressed may have given people the impression I was up to no good. And no, I'm not a Pee Da File (PDF).
    You could've told a female security guard/store worker to help the young girl because women cannot be pee da files.
    | Likes جوري, Aprender liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ That is what I was going to do...confirm that she's lost and take her to a community officer.
    Small girl crying?

chat Quote

islamica's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi View Post
    because women cannot be pee da files.
    That is a misconception some have. Women can be one as well, and there are plenty out there too. On the topic, there is nothing wrong in helping someone in need.
    Last edited by islamica; 12-17-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    | Likes جوري, Aprender liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ That is what I was going to do...confirm that she's lost and take her to a community officer.
    No no no you don't do those kind of things, you cannot take a lost child by the hand and when folks stop you and grab your arm really tightly..you say..oh i'm just taking her to a community officer.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamica View Post
    That is a misconception have. Women can be one as well, and there are plenty out there too. On the topic, there is nothing wrong in helping someone in need.
    okay okay maybe a woman can be a pee da file but only if her partner bullied her into doing it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No no no you don't do those kind of things, you cannot take a lost child by the hand and when folks stop you and grab your arm really tightly..you say..oh i'm just taking her to a community officer.
    Let me make myself clear.

I wasn't going to grab her hand or her arm. I would have called a community officer...and told her to wait wherever she was.
    Small girl crying?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

okay okay maybe a woman can be a pee da file but only if her partner bullied her into doing it.
    Not really. My law tutor who was a family solicitor told the class that she had cases where mothers actually forced children to have sex with them. It happens...eww.

EDIT:

Back to the topic. I know what to do know. I will call a community officer if I spot a missing child. I won't even approach the child. That way I won't get into trouble.

Mods can close this topic if they want. I found what i was looking for. I was just worried I might get into trouble for helping.
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 12-17-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    Small girl crying?

chat Quote

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't see anything wrong with what you did.

The Prophet(صلي الله عليه و سلم) would pat random kids playing on the head.

Anas Ibn Maalik would pass by a group of young boys playing and he would extend to them a warm and gracious greeting (salaams). When he was asked, “Why do you do this”? He replied, ‘The Prophet ( صلي الله عليه و سلم ) use to do it’.

- [Bukhari/Muslim]

People nowadays have a negative culture to strangers approaching children and showing care. Which is a shame.
    Small girl crying?

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was coming back from WORK. I usually go into town for a while. Most people think I'm a school student. XD I take off my tie and my shirt is not tucked in. o_o

I saw this ADORABLE little girl standing in the middle of the shopping mall. She must have been about 5 years old or even younger. She looked lost and was crying. To me no one was actually going to help her. I am NOT the type of person to interfere in these situations, but I was going to ask the little girl where her parents were.

Her dad spotted her. He was in some designer clothes shop. Anyway, I dashed off. People can get the wrong idea these days. I doubt anyone even noticed I was walking towards the girl.

Was I about to do something stupid?
    You're too self-conscious. You need to have more confidence in yourself.

If you didn't do anything wrong, why are you assuming people will think of you as a bad man or something?
    | Likes Innocent Soul liked this post
    Small girl crying?

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    You're too self-conscious. You need to have more confidence in yourself.

If you didn't do anything wrong, why are you assuming people will think of you as a bad man or something?

I'm Pakistani. As you know there have been stories about some Pakistani men grooming little girls in the UK. I just thought people might fit me into that profile. That is the first thing that came across my mind.
    Small girl crying?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm Pakistani. As you know there have been stories about some Pakistani men grooming little girls in the UK. I just thought people might fit me into that profile. That is the first thing that came across my mind.
    oor batameez kya haal hey?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with what you did.

The Prophet(صلي الله عليه و سلم) would pat random kids playing on the head.

Anas Ibn Maalik would pass by a group of young boys playing and he would extend to them a warm and gracious greeting (salaams). When he was asked, “Why do you do this”? He replied, ‘The Prophet ( صلي الله عليه و سلم ) use to do it’.

- [Bukhari/Muslim]

People nowadays have a negative culture to strangers approaching children and showing care. Which is a shame.
    You're talking about a community where contrary to popular beliefs everyone knew everyone. Nowadays 20 year old boys take out guns and wipe clean an entire classroom. Or they're having a bad day so they push someone down the train to their death, or kidnap girls for their husbands to have sex with. We have even cases of cannibalism and things that boggle the mind. This is the devil's century, he's everywhere doing his thing.

Imo I agree with Br. AbduAllah & Sr. islamica, firstly unless there's absolute immanent danger that's a child is being kidnapped before your eyes or drowning or chocking where you've no time to look for help but have to do it yourself otherwise, simply alert security and not to trust someone because of their gender, sickness spares no one, men, women, children and especially loathsome teenagers who happen to be my least favorite creatures on earth.

| Likes islamica liked this post
    Small girl crying?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Small girl crying?

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

You did only what every normal human being would did - go to ask what is wrong with this child.

I appreaciate people like you.
    Small girl crying?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So you're saying you're a child groomer?

I'm sorry for the bluntness but this mentality sounds to me as though you see yourself as guilty until proven innocent. You've done nothing wrong so you should not delve into such small and insignificant things.

You work, you seem to have a stable life and nothing seems to suggest that your image and reputation is hanging on a knife edge so you should not be so insecure about yourself.
    | Likes Jedi_Mindset liked this post
    Small girl crying?

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    So you're saying you're a child groomer?
    No. I don't want people to think that. Some people might think I'm up to no good. I thought it might lead to a confrontation.
    Small girl crying?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You did the right thing...dont worry
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

Maybe it is different in others countries. In my country it is very normal if someone sees child crying alone in the street, is going to help or even asking if there is need to help.

I don´t know other countries but in here it might be even crime if you don´t try to help person who is in helpless situation, like a child.
    | Likes Innocent Soul, GuestFellow liked this post
    Small girl crying?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Small girl crying? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Small girl crying?