× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 33 visibility 5588

Isn't It Strange?

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Isn't It Strange?

Report bad ads?

When I was a kid, I remember thinking how I needed a first aid kit in case I got into an accident. I did purchase one and the very day I received it I got into a very bad accident where the kit came in handy.
    Today I went to file a claim at the consulate for a stolen passport and while I was there I found all those papers about power of attorney and living will, stuff of that nature and picked up a couple of forms to work on them later. Well I hailed a cab on my way home and I was with sis and while we were driving another driver who was making a u turn swerved and hit us, it all happened so fast all I can remember thinking is I hope he hits the front not the center because we were going to be goners, he hit us so hard and the car went around twice and we ended up in the opposite lane to on coming traffic, I sustained minor injuries but was really disoriented- sadly the speed it happened I didn't even get to recite the shahada although it felt like it happened in slow mo. I'll spare the details about the rest of the events therefrom as we were all pretty shocked and disoriented but isn't it strange that I picked up those forms today? the same way I picked up that first aid kit that day?
    Are such things coincidences or do we have a sort of sixth sense? These aren't the first times in life when I have had a sort of premonition, I wouldn't even call it that, but get a strong urge to do something and then later have it be proved that it needed to be done..

Last edited by جوري; 01-21-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Isn't It Strange?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Iceee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Isn't It Strange?

Salaam.

This has happened to me in several occasions.

I think it is a sign by Allah Subhanahuwatallah... isn't that what you think?
    chat Quote

Qurratul Ayn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are no such thing as coincidences. I don't believe in them.

Sixth senses are a part of us, as the boy clearly demonstrates; "I see dead people" or Penny from the sitcom, Miranda (BBC One); "I smell fat people". Hilarious.

Honestly, I think we, humans that is, do have a sixth sense.

Alhamdulillah you and your sister are well. Insha'Allaah, the culprit was stopped too?
    Isn't It Strange?

فَبِأَيِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
    "Then which of the favours of Your Lord will ye deny?"
    Al-Qur'aan; Surah Ar-Rahman

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know for a fact that we don't take a breath save by the grace of in fact I really do believe that life is the exception, that it takes so much to sustain our life, and I am not speaking of what we do for ourselves but the functions bestows upon us for survival.. I do think it is about time I filled one of those.. one really shouldn't go to the grave without making their wishes known. We think we're in the prime of our life, all the while the flower of our youth is wilting and we're making plans while life and death are happening..
    | Likes Innocent Soul liked this post
    Isn't It Strange?

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I feel as if I've been put in my place

Subhan'Allaah!

format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ View Post
    We think we're in the prime of our life, all the while the flower of our youth is wilting and we're making plans while life and death are happening
    Indeed, my sister
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

May Ayob's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I smell fat people". Hilarious
    wa'ailakum alsalaam

That's not a very nice thing to say.It's really demeaning and offensive.People who are over-weight already have a bad self-esteem.What benefit does anyone gain by degrading them in this way?.
    Last edited by May Ayob; 01-21-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn View Post
    Insha'Allaah, the culprit was stopped too?
    I rather think the driver/culprit sustained the worse injuries, I can't tell if he were drunk or shocked to be honest he too had that look about him, we were there for a few seconds before people gathered and I am so thankful to that no cars hit us from the other lane either since we ended up swerving there.. it was surreal. I just felt bad for the taxi driver because he was a Senegalese Muslim... I didn't want to make an issue out of it because a car accident is one thing but injuries are another.. it is amazing how people's salaries are wasted on such stupidities at the end of the day someone ruins you or kills you, take your pick.
    I don't believe in coincidences either.. the whole day seems so strange to me. My sister kept asking me if we were dead and I said well if we're at least I have you for eternity lols and she was like but I feel so sad for my daughter she was speaking as if we were already dead but I guess strange events seem like movies when they happen you don't really understand for a while what just happened.
    | Likes Innocent Soul liked this post
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

Ramadan90's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamdulilah that you are okay sister.
    | Likes جوري, lynn4now liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bro.. indeed when people gathered about us to look to see if we were alive I felt the gravity of what just happened and was so grateful that we made it out with such minor injuries.. just like that life goes in an instant. I still feel like the whole thing was a movie.. maybe it will sink in by tomorrow..
    | Likes Ramadan90 liked this post
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob View Post
    That's not a very nice thing to say.It's really demeaning and offensive.People who are over-weight already have a bad self-esteem.What benefit does anyone gain by degrading them in this way?.
    I didn't mean anything offensive by it, I took it from a line off a sitcom, it was said to another character from a character. I was just making a point. Albeit a funny one??? No??? Plus you had to watch it to understand the hilarity of it... Anyhoo...

I apologise if I've upset your sensibilities. And I do know where you're coming from. I shall refrain from using horrid, hurtful phrases which I don't think are horrid and hurtful but others may think so,

Once again, I apologise

P.S. To all: Apologies for being off-topic
    Last edited by Qurratul Ayn; 01-21-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

Ramadan90's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ View Post
    bro.. indeed when people gathered about us to look to see if we were alive I felt the gravity of what just happened and was so grateful that we made it out with such minor injuries.. just like that life goes in an instant. I still feel like the whole thing was a movie.. maybe it will sink in by tomorrow..

When something like that happens, it seems unreal as if it was a dream or something. I think you are very shocked right now. It will sink in soon. May Allah bring you closer to him because of this accident.
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

Thanks to Allah that you are ok, dear sister.
    Isn't It Strange?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I didn't mean anything offensive by it, I took it from a line off a sitcom, it was said to another character from a character. I was just making a point. Albeit a funny one??? No??? Plus you had to watch it to understand the hilarity of it... Anyhoo...

I apologise if I've upset your sensibilities. And I do know where you're coming from. I shall refrain from using horrid, hurtful phrases which I don't think are horrid and hurtful but others may think so,

Once again, I apologise

P.S. To all: Apologies for being off-topic
    I'm not offended.In fact that's exactly why I left your name out because Iwasn't directing it to you exculsively,you already mentioned that someone else and not you said that.I was just making a point on how this kind of 'humor' is plainly mean and just very humiliating. You really can't smell the over-weightness of someone can you,really?. No. I was just wondering why anyone should derive pleasure from that kind of humor. I appreciate very much your clearing up of what you meant and no hard feelings,okay? .
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry. On second thought I'm the one who has to profusely apologize.I already thought I earased your name but I will right now because I honestly wasn't directing it at you.
    Last edited by May Ayob; 01-21-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was just making a point on how this kind of 'humor' is plainly mean and just very humiliating.
    That's the thing, my dear sister, why are we, humans, letting negative, horrid words affect us negatively? I never let hurtful words from other people, doesn't matter who they are, affect me. Never. This world has enough things going on demeaning people of a particular size. Look at all the models, media, dramas, these so-called "celebrities" , they are indirectly, if not directly, affecting, thumbing their noses in front people of a particular size.

So, maybe a little bit of humour, lightening these negative words, and whatnot, isn't so bad? I don't think it is. A person who can make fun of themselves (obviously not in the extreme way but lightly) and can laugh at themselves are a very strong person and who is comfortable with themselves. That's the thing, there is not enough sources or media attention to aid those who need just a little bit of self-esteem boosting and self-confidence boosting to ensure them that they should not base their thoughts and opinions of themselves on the outward appearance so much but to think positively and be comfortable with themselves.

This could be turned into a whole new thread and discussion...

You really can't smell the over-weightness of someone can you,really?. No.
    I'm sorry but I could not help but laugh out at this comment! I just found it funny. I'm sorry

I was just wondering why anyone should derive pleasure from that kind of humor.
    That's the thing. The comment was in a sitcom, so obviously the audience will find it funny, plus there was more to it than that, with the whole episode and such... But many people would not have found the comment funny if it was in real life scenarios

I appreciate very much your clearing up of what you meant and no hard feelings,okay?
    Alhamdulillah! I was so worried then, I was thinking, "Nooooo", but now you've cleared it up for me, And no, most definitely no hard feelings

Apologies for being off topic again!
    Last edited by Qurratul Ayn; 01-21-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

@Qurratul Ayn, there's nothing to worry about dear sister, and thanks I'm glad to know that I made you laugh I thought I hardly had any sense of humor.

I owe a big apology to sister Shaden-sorry I couldn't write it in arabic for thrashing her thread like that.I'm sorry. I;m very happy to know that you're okay dear sister and may Allah protect you at all times.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

سيف الله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

That's the thing, my dear sister, why are we, humans, letting negative, horrid words affect us negatively? I never let hurtful words from other people, doesn't matter who they are, affect me. Never.

Apologies for being off topic again!
    Actually this is not quite true. Remember a psychiatrist telling me that name calling does affect people, even those who claim it doesn't bother them. They showed the brain reacts the same way to the abuse.

(Sorry offtopic )
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Junon View Post
    Actually this is not quite true. Remember a psychiatrist telling me that name calling does affect people, even those who claim it doesn't bother them. They showed the brain reacts the same way to the abuse.
    I meant in the present, from the age of say, 12? Since I began secondary school, and realised that these people are nothing to me, why should I let them have that sort of power (if you like; can't think of another word) of making me how I feel about myself. So, from then on whoever insults me or had, I just laugh or shake my head at them. Obviously, other petty people affected me when I was in primary school, but from secondary school to now? Nah.

P.S; Apologies, my dear Sister
    شَادِنُ I didn't mean to post off topic comments, but I am truly thankful to Allaah Ta'ala that you are well and your beloved sister too. Truly.
    Last edited by Qurratul Ayn; 01-21-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think the narrower you make the road.. the narrower it becomes.

i mean i doubt you worried as a child. (never mind, you did :/ )

and the last thing you want is to develop ocd.

seriously i must do this now in preparation for something....

welcome to the real world... program.

i mean would you not have crashed if you didnt pick those leaflets up?

how about insurance?

im kidding, but only just.

i mean im already a slave to god.. im not going to be nagged by a voice in my head also.

oh, if only i had chosen the fish today!

but seriously.

at least you will be a better driver from now on.. with your sixth sense.

think about that last bit.

im sorry what i actually meant to say is that i believe fully in the phenomena you describe.

im not saying that you can dodge bullets.

...but when your ready, you wont have to.

i dont really follow... the script. its actually what i try to change.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 01-22-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    at least you will be a better driver from now on.. with your sixth sense.
    think about that last bit.
    we were in a cab and though cabbies have a bad reputation on the road, the other guy making the U turn is the one who hit us.

best,
    Last edited by جوري; 01-22-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    Isn't It Strange?

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Isn't It Strange? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Isn't It Strange?