× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 68 visibility 8837

North Korea says missiles ‘aimed at’ US

Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

North Korea says it will launch more long-range rockets and carry out a high-level nuclear test, aimed at the United States.

“We do not hide that the various satellites and long-range rockets we will continue to launch, as well as the high-level nuclear test we will proceed with, are aimed at our arch-enemy the United States,” said North Korea’s National Defense Commission on Thursday.

The defense commission statement offered no timeframe of when the country intended to perform the test.

On Tuesday, the United Nations Security Council adopted a US-backed resolution to sanction North Korea for launching a long-range rocket in December 2012.

The North Korean National Defense Commission said the resolution “masterminded by the US has brought its hostile policy towards the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) to its most dangerous stage.”
    It also dismissed as “illegal and outlawed” such resolutions adopted by the UN Security Council.

On December 12, 2012, Pyongyang announced that it had launched a long-range rocket from the Sohae Satellite Launching Station, located in Cholsan County of North Pyongan Province, and successfully placed a satellite into orbit.

However, the rocket launch drew widespread criticism from the European Union and the UN.

On December 14, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said the country would go ahead with its space program and would launch more rockets and send more satellites into orbit.

However, Washington and its allies said the North Korean rocket launch had been a cover for testing an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/01/24/285254/north-korea-space-program-aimed-at-us/

http://www.youtube.com/user/robinb4life?feature=mhee
    I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    wwwislamicboardcom - North Korea says missiles ‘aimed at’ US
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: North Korea says missiles ‘aimed at’ US

North Korea threatens South Korea with ‘physical countermeasures’

North Korea has threatened to take ‘physical countermeasures’ against South Korea, following a UN resolution adopted against Pyongyang for its rocket launch in December 2012.

“If the South Korean puppet regime of traitors directly participates in the so-called UN sanctions, strong physical countermeasures would be taken,” the North Korean Committee for Peaceful Reunification of Fatherland said on Friday.

“Sanctions amount to a declaration of war against us,” the committee added.

“As long as the South Korean puppet traitors’ regime continues with its anti-DPRK (North Korea) hostile policy, we will never sit down with them.”
    On Thursday, Pyongyang said it would launch more long-range rockets and carry out a high-level nuclear test aimed at its “arch-enemy the United States.”

The North Korean National Defense Commission said that the UN resolution “masterminded by the US has brought its hostile policy towards the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) to its most dangerous stage.”

Meanwhile, White House spokesman Jay Carney criticized Pyongyang’s remarks as “needlessly provocative.”

“Further provocations would only increase Pyongyang’s isolation, and its continued focus on its nuclear and missile program is doing nothing to help the North Korean people.”

US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta also said Washington was “fully prepared to deal with” a test from North Korea.

On January 22, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution to impose new sanctions on North Korea for launching a long-range rocket on December 12, 2012.

Pyongyang announced it had launched a long-range rocket from the Sohae Satellite Launching Station, located in Cholsan County of North Pyongan Province, and successfully placed a satellite into orbit.

The rocket launch, however, drew widespread criticism from the European Union and the UN.

On December 14, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said the country would go ahead with its space program and would launch more rockets and send more satellites into orbit.

However, Washington and its allies said the North Korean rocket launch had been a cover for testing an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/01/25/285416/north-korea-threatens-southern-neighbor/

I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think North Korea is looking for a death wish. :/ Seriously, world leaders act like complete morons.
    | Likes GodIsAll liked this post

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I applaud any nation that stands up to NATO and its bullying ways, well done North Korea.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Jslayton's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sounds like WWIII is around the corner
    chat Quote

Iceee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jslayton View Post
    sounds like WWIII is around the corner
    Not really, NATO will smash them in one nice nucleus bomb.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow View Post
    I think North Korea is looking for a death wish. :/ Seriously, world leaders act like complete morons.
    I suspect if they proceed with the high altitude nuclear test they are going to invoke the ire of most of the world, not just the UN Nations. The fall out from a high altitude nuclear blast will affect every nation for many generations to come.

Herman 1 - North Korea says missiles ‘aimed at’ US

chat Quote

Iceee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    I suspect if they proceed with the high altitude nuclear test they are going to invoke the ire of most of the world, not just the UN Nations. The fall out from a high altitude nuclear blast will affect every nation for many generations to come.
    They are just going to "Test" the nuclear bomb just like they tested Fat Man and Little Boy on Japan (WW2).
    Short war, U.S wins and shows they are #1, North Korea is done for generations...
    Inshallah North Korea doesn't get too aggressive.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee View Post
    Not really, NATO will smash them in one nice nucleus bomb.
    If NATO wants a war with china, sure they should use a nuke, but NATO will be destroyed. The chinese and the mongols are far more experienced fighters than almost any nation. If you study chinese history you will know why. Turns out the muslims were using almost the same tactics as sun tzu did subhan'Allah. Thats why we were impossible to be defeated.

watch this:

- Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset View Post
    If NATO wants a war with china, sure they should use a nuke, but NATO will be destroyed. The chinese and the mongols are far more experienced fighters than almost any nation. If you study chinese history you will know why. Turns out the muslims were using almost the same tactics as sun tzu did subhan'Allah. Thats why we were impossible to be defeated.

watch this:

I think we are getting NATO confused with UN. The 28 NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) nations have little interest in Korea. NATO MEMBERS

The UN is the Group that tries to run the world UN MEMBERS and keeps sending troops into battle. Nearly every nation belongs to the UN. The current troops in Afghanistan are UN Troops The US provides the majority of UN troops. But every member Nation provides troops when there is a conflict involving a member Nation. China is a UN Member Nation and I suspect they would also go against Korea if Korea goes ahead with it's High Altitude test.
    | Likes sister herb, Pure Purple, Jedi_Mindset liked this post

chat Quote

Independent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hard to see how this benefits anyone - least of all North Korea itself. The people starve while they spend millions on nuclear weapons.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    Hard to see how this benefits anyone - least of all North Korea itself. The people starve while they spend millions on nuclear weapons.
    Yes the nation is starving, however you shouldnt only put the blame on north korea itself. North korea has been hit hard with sanctions from the UN especially after the cold war ended it lost the little support it had from USSR. If we look at both sides i can imagine north korea feeling threatened when US and south korean warships encircle the country.

Same with Iran, US has dozens of bases around it, and the continuing threats against it especially by israel. I dont agree with iran because of some of its secterian policies, but i sincerly believe its nuclear program is innocent.

- Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm not really concerned about North Korea. I'm more worried about China...

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow View Post

I'm not really concerned about North Korea. I'm more worried about China...
    China has little need for a physical confrontation with the West. They are fast absorbing the west. They have advanced much further than the concept of physical conquest and learned wars are won through economics, not guns and bombs.

China has pretty much already won the economic war with the US. They are fighting a war of economic take over. Currently the US national debt is the result of balance of trade loses to China. Our unbelievably high national debt is mostly money we owe to China.

Very many US businesses are now owned by Chinese investors, China has won the economic war and pretty much now owns the USA. We just haven't woken up to that. HINT: Look on the shelves of any large store and see what percentage of the products are now "Made in China"

I strongly believe that if North Korea shows any ability to enter as a nuclear power, it will soon find itself being a Southern Province of China and Kim Jong-un will be lucky if he can get a job as a street beggar in Beijing.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

China has little need for a physical confrontation with the West. They are fast absorbing the west. They have advanced much further than the concept of physical conquest and learned wars are won through economics, not guns and bombs.

China has pretty much already won the economic war with the US. They are fighting a war of economic take over. Currently the US national debt is the result of balance of trade loses to China. Our unbelievably high national debt is mostly money we owe to China.

Very many US businesses are now owned by Chinese investors, China has won the economic war and pretty much now owns the USA. We just haven't woken up to that. HINT: Look on the shelves of any large store and see what percentage of the products are now "Made in China"

I strongly believe that if North Korea shows any ability to enter as a nuclear power, it will soon find itself being a Southern Province of China and Kim Jong-un will be lucky if he can get a job as a street beggar in Beijing.
    It's the complete opposite. Some politicians within America want a confrontation with China. Surrounding them with military bases and attacking defenseless countries must concern the Chinese government. These politicians along with certain thinktanks do not care about winning wars, they actually know they will lose in certain conflicts. But they will support these wars as it will benefit them individually rather than the whole countries.

As for the economy, both actually need each other. US is still China's biggest customer...

It is the damage that these countries can cause. If North Korea looks as though they are preparing for military action, this will give an excuse to the USA to take some form of military action against North Korea. China will too take some sort of action. Whatever damage results, it will hurt normal everyday people, like us. North Korea looks as though it is being forced to start a conflict as sanctions are being imposed...

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

Missiles to US? When they all the time need food aid from USA? Or from EU?

I don´t think to be worry by China. They are even communists.

Sorry back to laughing.
    Last edited by sister herb; 01-26-2013 at 10:01 PM.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

North Korea is a client state of China. It only exists because China continues to support it and inhibits effective UN action, similar to the way Russia inhibits effective action against Syria.

No one will attack NK unless they provoke it themselves - but this is possible because they are borderline insane.

The people starve because of their government's disastrous policies, not sanctions. In fact NK has in the past refused food aid. While they suffer, South Korea has become one of the world's most successful countries.

As for China being non-militaristic - if you look at their attitude to Taiwan, to disputes with Japan and Phillipines in the South China Sea, to border wars with India since WW2, and especially the destruction of Tibetan society, I don't think you could call that economic warfare.

China will not step back from one inch from what it sees as its old empire.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

North Korea threatens to take 'stronger measure' than third nuclear test

North Korea has threatened to go beyond carrying out its promised third nuclear test, KCNA state news agency reported.
    "The DPRK (Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, or North Korea) has drawn a final conclusion that it will have to take a measure stronger than a nuclear test to cope with the hostile forces' nuclear war moves that have become ever more undisguised," the media agency said.
    Pyongyang did not spell out which actions it would take.
    It comes after sanctions were placed on North Korea by the UN Security Council, following a December long-range rocket launch.
    The launch was in violation of UN resolutions which banned the country from developing missile or nuclear technology after nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.
    Pyongyang says that it has the right to launch rockets for peaceful purposes.
    North Korea announced last month that it would conduct a nuclear test to protest against the UN Security Council sanctions, which demand that Pyongyang abandon its nuclear program and cease launches. Sanctions were also placed on North Korean companies and government agencies.

The Security Council ordered Pyongyang to refrain from the test or face "significant action."

Although it was widely speculated that North Korea announced the test in response to the UN sanctions, satellite pictures indicate that the country has been readying its nuclear test site for more than a year.
    While most experts believe the nuclear test will take place, the timing is not yet known. Many believe it could come around February 16 – the anniversary of former leader Kim Jong-il's birth.
    Earlier Tuesday, South Korea's ambassador to the United Nations said a North Korean nuclear test "seems to be imminent."

Kim Sook said there were "very busy activities" taking place at North Korea's nuclear test site "and everybody's watching."

The ambassador said that he expects the UN Security Council to respond with "firm and strong measures" in the event of a nuclear test.
    On Saturday, North Korea posted a video on YouTube which depicted a US city resembling New York engulfed in flames after an apparent missile attack.
    The footage was uploaded by North Korea's official website, Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news from the state media.

The video is shot as a dream sequence, with a man seeing himself on board a North Korean space shuttle launched into orbit by the same type of rocket launched by Pyongyang in December.

The picture zooms onto countries below, showing a re-united Korea. It then switches to a US city, seemingly under a missile attack with its skyscrapers – including what appears to be the Empire State Building – on fire or in ruins.

"Somewhere in the United States, black clouds of smoke are billowing," a caption across the screen reads. "It seems that the nest of wickedness is ablaze with the fire started by itself," the caption says.

The video ends with the man concluding that his dream will "surely come true."

"Despite all kinds of attempts by imperialists to isolate and crush us…never will anyone be able to stop the people marching toward a final victory," the video says.

http://rt.com/news/north-korea-nuclear-action-487/

- Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

North Korea is still Communist ?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    US

North Korea is still Communist ?
    To the left of communist and keep on going. They are insane.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! North Korea says missiles ‘aimed at’ US Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. North Korea says missiles ‘aimed at’ US