× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1848

Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.

Iceee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.

Report bad ads?

Salaam.

Last night, my Mom (peace be upon her) told me to go to her friends home to babysit. I was to babysit her friends three kids. Isha namaaz in Toronto Canada last night was at 8:00pm (20:00h.)

I left at 7:30pm from my home, went to their home and did what I normally do. I played games with the kids, made jokes, etc. At 8:00, after I gave the children their dinner, I took out my musulo, placed it on the ground, took out my top-hee, wore it, and started getting ready to perform salaat as I already did wudu before leaving my home.

Questions:
    1. I placed my musolo on the ground but didn't know which way the Qibla was. I know it is North-East from where I live. I just put it on the ground and performed the salaats in any direction. Does my namaaz count?

2. I prayed in a Christian home. They are Roman Catholic. I couldn't pray outside their home or in their backyard because I had to watch the kids in the home. Am I allowed to pray in the living room of a Christian home?

3. The Kids eat with their T.V on. I asked if they could turn down the volume just until I finished praying, which they did. I prayed with the T.V on but very low volume. At my home, I pray with the T.V off. What's the ruling on this?

4. After performing salaat, I would check to make sure the kids were eating. Instead of watching T.V, they would stare at me pray. I should probably ask permission to pray in their home next time right?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.

Wa alaykum salam,

2. Shouldn't matter.
    3. Shouldn't matter in that your salah wouldn't be invalidated.
    4. It would be wise to ask the parents if they mind and just give them a heads up about it.
    | Likes Woodrow, Naeema liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Wa alaykum salam,

2. Shouldn't matter.
    3. Shouldn't matter in that your salah wouldn't be invalidated.
    4. It would be wise to ask the parents if they mind and just give them a heads up about it.
    Okay, how about #1?
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee View Post
    Okay, how about #1?

I can not speak for my Dear Brother Alpha. However when reading the way it is written it leaves the appearance you had no concern to even attempt to locate or approximate the direction of the Qibla.

I believe if you made a sincere effort to locate the correct direction and you prayed in the direction to the best of your ability that is all that could be expected and no reason it would invalidate your namaaz. But, if you were haphazrd and made no effort to determine the proper direction. I think that would raise question about the sincerity of your namaaz. Only you know what your level of sincerity was. I think only you can answer if your namaaz did count.

1. I placed my musolo on the ground but didn't know which way the Qibla was. I know it is North-East from where I live. I just put it on the ground and performed the salaats in any direction. Does my namaaz count?

Herman 1 - Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

I can not speak for my Dear Brother Alpha. However when reading the way it is written it leaves the appearance you had no concern to even attempt to locate or approximate the direction of the Qibla.

I believe if you made a sincere effort to locate the correct direction and you prayed in the direction to the best of your ability that is all that could be expected and no reason it would invalidate your namaaz. But, if you were haphazrd and made no effort to determine the proper direction. I think that would raise question about the sincerity of your namaaz. Only you know what your level of sincerity was. I think only you can answer if your namaaz did count.
    Salaam.

Actually, I tried to imagine the direction we pray in at the masjid and then imagine the house being beside there. Only Allah knows if the namaaz counts. I can only guess as well. Lol
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee View Post
    Salaam.

Actually, I tried to imagine the direction we pray in at the masjid and then imagine the house being beside there. Only Allah knows if the namaaz counts. I can only guess as well. Lol
    It sounds like you did all you were capable of doing.

Herman 1 - Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.

chat Quote

innocent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are apps which can give you the direction I m not sure how accurate they are but I always use them when I dont know the direction. Also were there any pictures on the walls or was there a dog in the house? These are things to be mindful of too.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    There are apps which can give you the direction I m not sure how accurate they are but I always use them when I dont know the direction. Also were there any pictures on the walls or was there a dog in the house? These are things to be mindful of too.
    Nope, the family somehow all are allergic to dog fur for some reason.
    I believe they had a few art pictures, family pictures, school pictures etc.
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Prayed Namaaz In Christian Home, 4 Questions.