× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39 visibility 4684

Do you find it ironic?

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you find it ironic?

Report bad ads?

I don't mean this in a argumentative or offensive way, but don't you find it ironic that men are basically in charge of the world, throughout history have been responsible for war, genocide, rape, murder, countless deaths through domestic abuse and yet more women will be going to hell essentially because they aren't grateful enough to men?

No offence to the many perfectly lovely men out there either!
    | Likes Student1996 liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do you find it ironic?

Peace with you

How do we know who will be going to the hell and who doesn´t as only Allah knows it?

Do you find it ironic?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You've listed a few sins that are more likely to be associated with men than women (or so people would assume) and on the basis of that concluded that its unfair or ironic that women will be sent to hell due to their ungratefulness to these very same sinful men.

That may have sounded clever in your mind but from what I understand and know, the hadith which speaks of ungrateful women doesn't speak of them being ungrateful to men in general but rather to their husbands.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think the vast majority of women are married to men responsible for: war, genocide, rape, murder or domestic violence.

Even if a small percentage of women are unfortunate enough to be married to such men, by and large, the majority of husbands won't fall into any of those categories. So, I think your topic is a moot one.
    | Likes جوري liked this post
    chat Quote

Urban Turban's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    I don't mean this in a argumentative or offensive way, but don't you find it ironic that men are basically in charge of the world, throughout history have been responsible for war, genocide, rape, murder, countless deaths through domestic abuse and yet more women will be going to hell essentially because they aren't grateful enough to men?

No offence to the many perfectly lovely men out there either!
    Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Wa Ra'jioon.

I see an ulterior purpose in the post above to make Muslims [and esp. Muslim women] look at Islam negatively.

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala created us, sustains us et al - He creates the rules and does what He wants, the way He wants.

This is the only forum where I come across many non-Muslim posters
    Do you find it ironic?

Imam ash-Shafi`i said:

"Whoever takes knowledge from books loses the regulations."
    (man akhadha al-`ilma min al-kutubi Dayya`a al-aHkaama). [Reported by Nawawi in the introduction to "al-Majmu"]

www.theijtema.com

Because Inconvenience is Sacrifice®

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    Peace with you

How do we know who will be going to the hell and who doesn´t as only Allah knows it?

I've read that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) saw a vision a hell and there were more women there than men.

Alpha Dude-I know what you say is true- about it being women ungrateful to their husbands, and I'm obviously not saying all men are bad husbands. But with all the terrible crimes committed over the centuries by men (and many horrible crimes against women) I find it ironic that there will be more women in hell because they aren't grateful.

I was just musing, it probably isn't written in the best way,but surely someone must sort of get what I mean lol.
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

having a good women behind you can change the world.

unfortunately i dont know who they are sub-servant to most of the time.

allah swt knows best i guess.

..its delusional to think women play any lesser role in the world.

there deeds and actions are just as important as those of men.
    chat Quote

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know what's really ironic? How the most offensive statements in the world tend to be the ones with the "no offense" disclaimer attached.

There are three levels to those ahadith about the majority of those in hell being women. Some of the versions just state the idea of the majority being women as a fact and end immediately. Others embellish it with the reason being offered as ingratitude. A couple go beyond even that and make a sermon out of it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's going on here: there is a clear path of embellishment being taken with what started off as a very simple statement. The real reason appears to be the same as that implied a little later on in Sahih Muslim 40:6840.

Two are the types amongst the denizens of hell, the one possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with their help. (The second one) the women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced (to wrong paths) and seduce others with their hair high like humps. These women would not get into Paradise and they would not perceive the odour of Paradise, although its fragrance can be perceived from such and such distance (from great distance).

Perhaps that kind of attire and promiscuity wasn’t so common back then, when the population of the world wasn’t as high as it is now, but these days?

A noticeable majority can be as little as three out of every five. That is far from the realm of possible coincidence.

As I understand it more women embrace Islam in modern times than men do. But you’ll never take it from me. Perhaps some of the sisters here should talk to you.
    Last edited by IAmZamzam; 03-19-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Do you find it ironic?

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Urban Turban View Post
    I see an ulterior purpose in the post above to make Muslims [and esp. Muslim women] tired of Islam.
    Not at all! I think it would take more than me and this one post to make Muslims question their faith.
    chat Quote

Qurratul Ayn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace upon you all

This is the only forum where I come across many non-Muslim posters

I don't know what that emoticon implies but to me the fact that we have many Non-Muslim members is a good thing. They ask, answers are provided in a civil, polite manner, they understand/ask more/debate, answered again/debated/given assurance.Same goes for Muslim Brothers & Sisters too.

Plus it shows, this forum is open to EVERYONE willing to learn and participate.

indeed

P.S. Apologies for being off-topic
    Last edited by Qurratul Ayn; 03-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    | Likes IslamicRevival, LauraS, Naeema liked this post
    Do you find it ironic?

فَبِأَيِّ ءَالَآءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
    "Then which of the favours of Your Lord will ye deny?"
    Al-Qur'aan; Surah Ar-Rahman

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    Not at all! I think it would take more than me and this one post to make Muslims question their faith.
    Clever.. yet very little.
    Do you find it ironic?

Imam ash-Shafi`i said:

(man akhadha al-`ilma min al-kutubi Dayya`a al-aHkaama). [Reported by Nawawi in the introduction to "al-Majmu"]

www.theijtema.com

chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But with all the terrible crimes committed over the centuries by men (and many horrible crimes against women) I find it ironic that there will be more women in hell because they aren't grateful.
    In that case, you're just assuming that women commit less sin than men or less 'serious' sin than men.

I could just as easily say it's women who are more likely to backbite, feel jealous, seduce men, cast evil eye and influence men around them into committing really serious sins like murder, war, genocide (the Lady Macbeths of the world). So, the doer might be the man, but the influencer and originator can easily be the woman.

However, there's no point: Just know, that on the day of judgement, there will be total justice. Allah is not unjust. If there will be more women in hell than men, then that will have been as a result of their own doing and not due to any injustice on the part of Allah.
    | Likes Amat Allah, Ramadan90, Jedi_Mindset, tearose liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Clever.. yet very little.
    I'm confused
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn View Post
    Peace upon you all

I don't know what that emoticon implies but to me the fact that we have many Non-Muslim members is a good thing. They ask, answers are provided in a civil, polite manner, they understand/ask more/debate, answered again/debated/given assurance.Same goes for Muslim Brothers & Sisters too.

Plus it shows, this forum is open to EVERYONE willing to learn and participate.

indeed
    Across many forums I know and from what I've seen...I think we are too trusting. (There are always exceptions of course)
    We lost Spain because of this nature of ours.
    Do you find it ironic?

Imam ash-Shafi`i said:

www.theijtema.com

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Just know, that on the day of judgement, there will be total justice. Allah is not unjust. If there will be more women in hell than men, then that will have been as a result of their own doing and not due to any injustice on the part of Allah.
    My dear LauraS this is the point says it all, from Brother Alpha Dude.
    | Likes Amat Allah, Jedi_Mindset, tearose, Naeema liked this post
    Do you find it ironic?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Student1996's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with Alpha Dude. But I think that muslim women are good because they are modest and I also think that the reason why alot of men cause war, exetra is because of greed. Greedy men want Alot of women to sex and alot of money so they can buy stuff for them self. Most Rulers in the middle east are like that and that and alot of the oil shieks dont do alot of charity but they buy cars and gold jewlery to flaunt their wealth. If they follow sunnah they should be better musims and help paople. I doubt most of them even fast.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn View Post

I don't know what that emoticon implies but to me the fact that we have many Non-Muslim members is a good thing. They ask, answers are provided in a civil, polite manner, they understand/ask more/debate, answered again/debated/given assurance.
    opic
    And some of them after all asking etc. will find the only right path - Islam.

Do you find it ironic?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We lost Spain because of this nature of ours.
    Yes, but who will be victorious before the Day of Judgement???

The Muslims

Many Non-Muslim members here are asking questions to what they don't understand or know little of. All we can do is refer sources, provide information from reliable sources and aid them in any way that we can.

And only knows every single person's intentions and thoughts, so let's be trusting.

Who will be better off if these questions have a negative intent behind them (which I don't think is the case) and they've failed to gain the negative purpose they've set out to accomplish?

We will be as we've tried to help and provide information, there is no harm in answering questions or providing help.

Have a little faith

Ma Salama
    Last edited by Qurratul Ayn; 03-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    | Likes Pure Purple liked this post
    Do you find it ironic?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Conquer the Shaytaan
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    And some of them after all asking etc. will find the only right path - Islam.

Hi 5 to that, my Sister!

MSN Emoticon 130 - Do you find it ironic?
    Do you find it ironic?

chat Quote

tearose's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's going on here: there is a clear path of embellishment being taken with what started off as a very simple statement.
    What do you mean?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996 View Post
    I agree with Alpha Dude. But I think that muslim women are good because they are modest and I also think that the reason why alot of men cause war, exetra is because of greed. Greedy men want Alot of women to sex and alot of money so they can buy stuff for them self. Most Rulers in the middle east are like that and that and alot of the oil shieks dont do alot of charity but they buy cars and gold jewlery to flaunt their wealth. If they follow sunnah they should be better musims and help paople. I doubt most of them even fast.
    Bro, most rulers in the middle east lack the extensive PR machinery that the millionaires / billionaires in the west have got, if you think that guys in the west do charity for the sake of charity, then you are wrong, its just a front for christian missionaries, plus you should research the practice of pedophilia that gets on in south west Asia.

Just the tip of the iceberg.

Even if the oil sheikhs do get in to sleaze, its because there is still some semblance of modesty in their countries while in the west, women are commodities and they don't know it.
    Do you find it ironic?

Imam ash-Shafi`i said:

www.theijtema.com

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Do you find it ironic? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do you find it ironic?