× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 17 of 17 visibility 3380

Muhammad Ali

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muhammad Ali

Report bad ads?

"I'm a Muslim. I've been a Muslim for 20 years. . . . You know me. I'm a boxer. I've been called the greatest. People recognize me for being a boxer and a man of truth. I wouldn't be here representing Islam if it were terrorist. . . . I think all people should know the truth, come to recognize the truth. Islam is peace."
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Muhammad Ali

*yawn*

Boxing is haraam yet so many Muslims support it. What's so great about two men punching each other? What that achieve? RARRR I'M BIGGER THAN YOU!! RARRR! I'M STWONGER THAN YOU! RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RARRRRRRRRRRRRR MY EXTRA LARGE FOREHEAD!
    Muhammad Ali

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He's not exactly the best poster child for our religion there ever was. I mean, the famously volatile, arrogant attitude may have all been an act, I suppose, but that would still make him a hypocrite or a deceiver. He wasn't putting on a good face, is what I'm saying. I mean, not that I know a very great deal about the guy but as I understand it, that he's a well known Muslim whom everyone is aware wasn't a terrorist is about the only really famous thing about his public persona that isn't notorious. And yes, professional boxing is a needlessly dangerous profession in which people risk their health and even their lives for money or a thrill, instead of doing it for a noble cause.
    Muhammad Ali

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

Berries'forest's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree boxing is dangerous and we as muslims should not adopt a violent attitude.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow View Post
    *yawn*

Boxing is haraam yet so many Muslims support it. What's so great about two men punching each other? What that achieve? RARRR I'M BIGGER THAN YOU!! RARRR! I'M STWONGER THAN YOU! RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RARRRRRRRRRRRRR MY EXTRA LARGE FOREHEAD!
    salam alaykoum corecet i agree with you brother its forebiden in the reality but something like legitimate defense if somebody want to attack you as kung fu too for exp me i prefer kung fu as my favorite sport thank you for reading my post and your comment about the muslim mohamed ali
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nothing wrong with self defence. I just don't approve of boxing for entertainment.
    Muhammad Ali

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"No! ..... The Greatest is Allah"

This was what Muhammad Ali said when he came to Indonesia and some people called him The Greatest.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    "No! ..... The Greatest is Allah"

This was what Muhammad Ali said when he came to Indonesia and some people called him The Greatest.
    Okay, I'll give him some credit for that.
    Muhammad Ali

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam View Post
    He's not exactly the best poster child for our religion there ever was. I mean, the famously volatile, arrogant attitude may have all been an act, I suppose, but that would still make him a hypocrite or a deceiver. He wasn't putting on a good face, is what I'm saying. I mean, not that I know a very great deal about the guy but as I understand it, that he's a well known Muslim whom everyone is aware wasn't a terrorist is about the only really famous thing about his public persona that isn't notorious. And yes, professional boxing is a needlessly dangerous profession in which people risk their health and even their lives for money or a thrill, instead of doing it for a noble cause.
    Incorrect. He was volatile in his days of ignorance but changed his attitude for the better after he reverted to Islam. Cassius Clay was the trash talker, Ali was/is a humble man.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Eeeeennnnnnnhhhh...not exactly what I heard, Vision. But "volatile" probably wasn't the best choice of words and I'm not his biographer.
    Muhammad Ali

chat Quote

crimsontide06's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Boxing is so stupid lol If you want entertainment watch REAL (American) football or soccer .
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry but uhm, the man Cassius, Muhammad Ali did say "I am the greatest" and boasted a lot - A LOT - even as Muhammad Ali and so, Allah took the power of speech from him

Recognise.

Scimi
    Muhammad Ali

15noje9 1 - Muhammad Ali
    chat Quote

~Zaria~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I remember Mufti Menk once saying that on the Day of Qiyamat, when we will be asked to recite quraan (and thereby in shaa Allah, attain our rank in Jannah), many will not be able to get past Surah Fatihah.

Because, in Surah Fatihah, we recite each and every day (translation):

'All praise is due to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
    The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,

Master/ Owner of of the Day of Recompense.....'

In other words, even though we acknowledge every day, that Allah is the One who will Judge us on the Day of Qiyamat - we spend much of our lives, acting as judgers of others.

Lets forget what this muslim brother has done in the past - who knows how much he may have repented for his past ways of living, and how regretful and remorseful he may be......so much so, that Allah may have forgiven him, completely erased his slate of previous deeds, and may be making his current illness a means of attaining a very high rank in the hereafter.
    In shaa Allah.

Parting thoughts:

file2751246979796 1 - Muhammad Ali

tumblr mfhwqj9Csr1rvht16o1 r1 500 1 - Muhammad Ali

| Likes IslamicRevival, Scimitar liked this post
    Muhammad Ali

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    "Oh Turner of Hearts, keep my heart firm on Your Deen."

Subscribe and Share:
    Seeking the Pleasure of Allah

chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Point made well... as I said, it's not a worldly reason, and Muhammad Ali can admit that himself, who are we to argue?

Scimi
    Muhammad Ali

15noje9 1 - Muhammad Ali
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muhammad Ali...... The sportsman/showman/entertainer and whatever else pertaining to his public persona that we see in the media I'm sure is the 'alter-ego' to bring in the crowd. Like him hate him, he got your attention! The more attention he can milk, the bigger his pay day. He was the richest sportsman of his day by a country mile or ten!

He was cunning, he was devastating, and can be downright mean. But he can get away with it. And he did! Except for the ban. Shame for the sport. When talent is there to see, to me it transported the mundate into art. Even football, I am not interested to watch people just kick the ball about. It's about watching for those intricate plays and magical skills that can be conjured up.

There is a saying, 'no advertising is bad advertising', say what you like, but if people are influenced by him see that he has accepted Islam, what is the possibility that they will follow suit? They won't be learning from him.

However, Muhammad Ali, not the alter-ego, I cannot judge, I know him not.
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ali might have been a bit arrogant, but he gets many kudos from me for refusing to serve in the Capitalist/Drug venture known as the Vietnam War.
    and extra for being a brother! (and we would have never known of Howard Cossell without him! )

Muhammad Ali

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muhammad Ali was the only person who could make schools in Indonesia got day-off when he was on the match.

It's happened in 70's. I still remember.
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Hey there! Muhammad Ali Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Muhammad Ali