× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 122 visibility 15538

Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread

Mustafa2012's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Peace be upon you all.

Firstly let me make clear that this thread was not my idea.

It was the suggestion of a member on this forum, but after they suggested it, I thought it would be good to create a separate thread for reporting of attacks on innocent citizens of all non western countries.

Since many attacks on innocent citizens of all non western countries go largely un-reported, I thought it was worth creating a thread exclusively for this purpose.

This would enable Western victims to receive the attention they duly deserve in their own exclusive threads.

It will also enable us to compare how much attention innocent victims of non western countries are getting in the media compared to those in the west.

As the title says, this thread is for reporting, sharing info on all non western attacks.

Please post details/links of events as they happen so that those of us not aware of them may benefit from their details.

No disrespect intended to westerners.

Human life is precious regardless of which country it is taken in and what faith the victims believed in.

Innocent victims suffer in all parts of the world. Not just in the West.

I think it's good to have a balance in how attacks on innocent people all over the world are reported.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by Mustafa2012; 04-22-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ahmad H's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread

Let me be the first to start this off then.

In Nigeria, there were 185 people killed in the fighting between the extremist group Boko Haram and the Nigerian military. Both sides killed civilians in the crossfire. The article doesn't focus on it so much, but this happened in a Muslim neighborhood. Inna lillahi wa 'inna ilaihi raji'oon. Many Muslims died in this attack. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/at-least...ials-1.1247941
    | Likes Mustafa2012, Born_Believer liked this post
    chat Quote

Student1996's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Today in Syria 80 were killed, only 19 were militant. No surprise as this is too common in Syria these days.
    | Likes Mustafa2012, Born_Believer liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

NO JUSTICE NO PEACE
    | Likes Mustafa2012 liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not a bad initiative, but I have to disapprove of this sentence:
    format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012 View Post
    This would enable victims of the West to receive the attention they duly deserve in their own exclusive threads.
    As if 'Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries' are mostly 'victims of the West' . By framing it like this it almost appears as if the primary intent is to accuse 'the West' rather than remember the innocent civilians dying in forgotten wars.

But in the spirit of the thread:
    Eight killed in gun attack in Kenyan town of Garissa
    At least eight people have been killed in an attack by a group of armed men in the eastern Kenyan town of Garissa.

Witnesses said the attackers targeted a hotel in the town before escaping the scene.

Five wounded people were taken to hospital, according to the Kenyan Red Cross.

Kenya has suffered a series of attacks since its troops moved into southern Somalia to combat Islamist al-Shabab militants in 2011.

Police confirmed that an operation was under way to identify the assailants.

The town has seen several such attacks in recent months. In January, another shooting in Garissa killed five people and wounded another four.

In October, gunmen shot dead a police officer and wounded another in Garissa. In November, three Kenyan soldiers and two police were shot dead there.

Attacks blamed on al-Shabab have previously sparked retaliatory violence against the country's Somali population.

In November, riots broke out in the capital Nairobi as angry youths blamed ethnic Somalis for a deadly explosion.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22203939
    South Sudan clashes: Army 'attacked Lorema hospital'

Five health workers have been killed when South Sudan soldiers attacked a hospital in revenge for the deaths of eight members of the security forces, the local MP has told the BBC.

David Mayo said the fighting was still going on and urged the army to be withdrawn.

Local community leaders confirm that the hospital in the village of Lorema, Eastern Equatoria state, was attacked.

But the state governor denied the reports.

Louis Obong told the BBC that no hospital had been attacked and the security situation was "normal".

An army spokesman said he was investigating the reports and any soldier who had committed abuses would face justice.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22215561
    | Likes Gator liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually, the English-language service of Aljazeera is one of the best at reporting about for example conflicts in Africa. They are making a deliberate (business) point out of it to focus a bit more broadly than most Western media.

But regarding the Western media bias. They are called Western media for a reason. Their primary focus is on what happens in the West. Just like Arab media focus mostly on what happens with Arabs and Dutch media focusses on what happens in the Netherlands. After all, they are writing what their audiences care about, as unfortunately an age old cynical rule in journalism is that news_worth = numbers_of_deaths / distance. That sort of tribalism is clearly not just limited to Western media.
    chat Quote

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This would enable victims of the West to receive the attention they duly deserve in their own exclusive threads.

Then can't you remove the above sentence? It's quite offensive. While you may consider those in Afghanistan and in Pakistan being killed by drones "victims of the west"- the west isn't responsible for all cruelty happening in the world.
    chat Quote

Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think this is a good thread however there are numerous, numerous of incidents, and we all know the current situation in syria et cetera

6 people, including 14yo girl, killed in Belgorod shooting; gunman at large

http://rt.com/news/belgorod-shooting-russia-killed-198/

'Bombing kills six soldiers in Pakistan’s North Waziristan'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/22/299617/bombing-kills-six-soldiers-in-pakistan/

'Bomb attack kills 9, injures 20 in Iraq'
    http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04...es-20-in-iraq/

| Likes Mustafa2012 liked this post

http://www.youtube.com/user/robinb4life?feature=mhee
    I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    wwwislamicboardcom - Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    Not a bad initiative, but I have to disapprove of this sentence:

As if 'Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries' are mostly 'victims of the West' . By framing it like this it almost appears as if the primary intent is to accuse 'the West' rather than remember the innocent civilians dying in forgotten wars.

But in the spirit of the thread:
    I understand your concern however I disagree.

It was not my intention to accuse the West of all attacks on non western innocent citizens. I am aware that some attacks are carried out by non westerns as well.

This thread was started after the suggestion of a non Muslim member who wanted the recent Boston victims to have their own thread and suggested that someone create a thread specifically for victims of the Middle East so this thread is the answer to her request.

It's very difficult to please everyone so at least this way everyone gets to mourn their dead without any un-necessary diversions.
    Last edited by Mustafa2012; 04-22-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Independent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I understand your concern however I disagree.
    Mustafa, I think there is an accidental meaning going on here - people are not reading things the way you meant it (I'm guessing). The way it's written, it sounds like you're blaming the west for killing just about everybody.

I think you mean to say simply that victims in the west (ie Boston) should get their own thread, and victims in other countries (eg Syria) also get their own thread. You don't mean to imply that everyone getting killed in Syria is 'a victim of the west' ie killed by the west.

Just write it the other way round - 'This would enable Western victims to receive the attention they duly deserve...' and the mix-up disappears.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise you wouldn't also be writing:
    | Likes KAding, Gator liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    I think you mean to say simply that victims in the west (ie Boston) should get their own thread, and victims in other countries (eg Syria) also get their own thread. You don't mean to imply that everyone getting killed in Syria is 'a victim of the west' ie killed by the west.

Just write it the other way round - 'This would enable Western victims to receive the attention they duly deserve...' and the mix-up disappears.
    Ah yes, perhaps this is just a misunderstanding . I now see how it the sentence could have been meant differently.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by abo mussaab View Post
    NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

That was quite an amazingly refreshing video to see for a change.

I am amazed to discover that there are westerners out there that think like this.

This is truly one of the highlights of my day.

This is worth a watch.
    Last edited by Mustafa2012; 04-22-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    | Likes abo mussaab liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    Mustafa, I think there is an accidental meaning going on here - people are not reading things the way you meant it (I'm guessing). The way it's written, it sounds like you're blaming the west for killing just about everybody.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise you wouldn't also be writing:
    Thank you for pointing that out and giving me the benefit of the doubt.

You are right, of course.

I didn't realise I worded it that way so I've updated the original post to say what you suggested.

For the benefit of those who didn't read the original post and the ones that follow, I am not accusing the West of all attacks on non western countries. I am quite aware that some attacks in non western countries are carried out by non westerners.

This thread was actually created after a request by a non Muslim member who wanted to honour the memory of the Boston victims separately from victims of attacks in the Middle East.
    Last edited by Mustafa2012; 04-22-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    chat Quote

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oooh, just read it how it was intended now sorry.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    Oooh, just read it how it was intended now sorry.
    Please accept my apologies for the incorrect wording.
    | Likes KAding, LauraS, Independent liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wish the world would show the mercy and care for the Syrians the way they've managed to show those in Boston.

When bombs went off in Boston the people of Syria were quick to respond with their condolences. For the past 2 years Syria has been embroiled in a civil war. Over 70,000 Syrians have been killed since, over 1.2 million have been displaced within the country and over 1 million have fled Syria to take refuge in surrounding countries.

The situation is bleak, death has become a daily occurrence to the people there. We were very happy to see the people of Boston respond to Syria's condolences with their own.

We are all human, regardless of where you are from or what religion you might be you can still feel empathy for those across borders and cultures. All human life is sacred.
    417904 10151359591361752 417569699 n - Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread

| Likes Gator, LauraS, GodIsAll, Mustafa2012 liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset View Post
    I think this is a good thread however there are numerous, numerous of incidents, and we all know the current situation in syria et cetera

6 people, including 14yo girl, killed in Belgorod shooting; gunman at large

http://rt.com/news/belgorod-shooting-russia-killed-198/

'Bombing kills six soldiers in Pakistan’s North Waziristan'

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/22/299617/bombing-kills-six-soldiers-in-pakistan/

'Bomb attack kills 9, injures 20 in Iraq'
    http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04...es-20-in-iraq/

Of course there are numerous victims.

Please feel free to update this thread as and when new incidents happen.
    chat Quote

TrueStranger's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The problem isn't about lack of reporting or receiving world coverage since we can find news articles written daily about the tragedies that are occurring across the Muslim world. The problem has mainly to do with the lack of justice and accountability that exists in those parts. It's disheartening to read everyday about multiple tragedies, and then slowly come to the painful realization that barely anyone is being held accountable for these crimes against humanity, and the families of the victims have no one but Allah at the end of the day. May Allah ease their pain and grant them patience, and their deceased Jannah. Ameen.

70:28 Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger View Post
    The problem isn't about lack of reporting or receiving world coverage since we can find news articles written daily about the tragedies that are occurring across the Muslim world. The problem has mainly to do with the lack of justice and accountability that exists in those parts. It's disheartening to read everyday about multiple tragedies, and then slowly come to the painful realization that barely anyone is being held accountable for these crimes against humanity, and the families of the victims have no one but Allah at the end of the day. May Allah ease their pain and grant them patience, and their deceased Jannah. Ameen.

The Media is more than just news articles.

There's also TV, Internet, Social Media, Radio, Magazines etc.

I think attacks on innocent victims in the Muslim world or even any other part of the world are not given as much TV and possibly Radio coverage in the West as much as attacks innocent victims in the West are.

I agree that the problem arises as there is a lack of accountability in those parts, however the West just stands by and watches the crimes being committed daily and hardly offers any help to countries like Palestine, Egypt and Syria who all suffered at the hands of their leaders. In fact in some cases it praises the oppressors and supports them financially and otherwise so that they can continue their oppression of Muslims and other nations.

Yet in Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, because those countries had oil they decided to go and rid them of "terrorists" and the fabricated threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

So I think it's a bit of both.

Yes, we have oppressive leaders who shouldn't know better but at the same time the West is turning a blind eye to their crimes and choosing to help some Muslim countries not for the sake of humanity but for financial gain.

The taxes and resources of the common citizens in the West are being used to fund wars based on lies and fabrications just so that the multi-national companies and certain government officials can become wealthier while the citizens are not provided with any return on their hard earned money that is being stolen from them without their consent.

That's something most patriotic Westerns are so blinded to.
    Last edited by Mustafa2012; 04-24-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    | Likes Jedi_Mindset liked this post
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State

Burmese authorities and members of Arakanese groups have committed crimes against humanity in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Rohingya Muslims in Arakan State since June 2012, Human Rights Watch said in a new report released today.

The 153-page report, “‘All You Can Do is Pray’: Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State,” describes the role of the Burmese government and local authorities in the forcible displacement of more than 125,000 Rohingya and other Muslims and the ongoing humanitarian crisis. Burmese officials, community leaders, and Buddhist monks organized and encouraged ethnic Arakanese backed by state security forces to conduct coordinated attacks on Muslim neighborhoods and villages in October 2012 to terrorize and forcibly relocate the population. The tens of thousands of displaced have been denied access to humanitarian aid and been unable to return home.

“The Burmese government engaged in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya that continues today through the denial of aid and restrictions on movement,” said Phil Robertson, deputy Asia director. “The government needs to put an immediate stop to the abuses and hold the perpetrators accountable or it will be responsible for further violence against ethnic and religious minorities in the country.”

Following sectarian violence between Arakanese and Rohingya in June 2012, government authorities destroyed mosques, conducted violent mass arrests, and blocked aid to displacedMuslims. On October 23, after months of meetings and public statements promoting ethnic cleansing, Arakanese mobs attacked Muslim communities in nine townships, razing villages and killing residents while security forces stood aside or assisted the assailants. Some of the dead were buried in mass graves, further impeding accountability.

Click on links above and below to read full article and report...

Source

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Attacks On Innocent Citizens Of All Non Western Countries Thread