× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 6790

Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ?

Report bad ads?

As Salamu Alaykum my question is how would happen to a Person with HIV/AIDS Disease in an Islamic State or what kind of Treatment should they get from Muslims should a Person HIV/AIDS get Medical Care/Medicine/Help at a Hospital ? Or should the Person be stoned to death or punished for commiting Zina/Homosexuality/Adultery I must say I have felt Compassion towards People with HIV/AIDS I have seen Movies on this subject I know People have Free Will but I still can't help but feel sorry for Youths and other People in the West and all around the World with this Disease. Can anyone give me quotes or verses or links with evidence on Islam's views on this subject thank you ?

24. What is the Islamic view on-

c. Homosexuality and AIDS:

Islam categorically opposes homosexuality and considers it a sin. However, Muslim physicians are advised to care for AIDS patients with compassion just as they would for other patients.

http://www.nusrah.com/en/articles/re...bout-islam.htm
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Futuwwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ?

It's quite possible to get HIV without engaging in zina.
    | Likes Trying2bbetter liked this post
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ most hiv inoculations happen as result of zina, IV drug use and blood exchange. It can be safely assumed in most cases that HIV infected patient was a zaani or a druggie. In western world, rarely does one spouse get HIV from a cheating spouse.

Except in Africa maybe, where vertical transmission from mother to placenta or baby occurs via breast milk.
    Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ?

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Anyone else have any opinion or view ?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Trying2bbetter's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah - people who go to hospitals that don't use sterilized/new needles to inject patients (happens quite a lot in countries where there isn't much regulation). And patients who share diabetic needles (if that happens).

In fact even when people give blood. I gave blood abroad while I was in college & my family started freaking out after I told them cause they'd never heard of that blood donation company before. I specifically noticed them open a new needle so I was satisfied but I'm pretty sure the other girls around me didn't - so for all they know they could've been using infected needles (God forbid). Most people don't realise/remember the importance of checking such things.

Advice: Be careful when it comes to cuts that bleed & needles. oh:

Oh & I always used to wonder why mosquitoes didn't carry AIDS/other diseases > they bite different people (with different diseases/viruses) all the time. I asked my dad but I've kinda forgotten why, it was a pretty interesting reason..

Exceptions are everywhere - there must be like loads of ways to get AIDS without zina/drugs/needles (blood transfusion/donation or medicine intake) but I think the chances are generally low. However the 3rd point (needles) are pretty common in underdeveloped countries.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's very compassionate of you to care & to spread awareness, brother Truthseeker63. May Allah bless you

Sometimes people who have committed a sin do repent to Allah, so doctors should be just with them & help them without being judgmental. But as far as I know AIDS is a virus so it can't be treated - the patient eventually dies (I guess we're all going to as well).

Allah knows best..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you my my question is how would happen to a Person with HIV/AIDS Disease in an Islamic State or what kind of Treatment should they get from Muslims should a Person HIV/AIDS get Medical Care/Medicine/Help at a Hospital ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have no idea. If you live in an Islamic state perhaps you could visit a few hospitals to find out what they do to help..

In some countries, there are private blood testing centres too, where people can get themselves tested for anything they want. The staff isn't supposed to open up the reports so it'd most probably be confidential & the patient would know whether they're positive or not. Again, I'm not aware of any "treatment" for AIDS.. You either have it or you don't. If you don't then you're safe. If you do then, well you will probably die sooner by Allah's will. (I don't mean to be blatant, but that is what studies have shown).

However, Allah can do anything. I've seen cancer patients who have been given no hope of survival, they get sent home "to die" & survive happily for many, many years. Allah is in control of everything, He is all-aware & can change anything as He wills.
    chat Quote

Independent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trying2bbetter View Post
    Again, I'm not aware of any "treatment" for AIDS.. You either have it or you don't.
    The situation is better than that - although there is no cure and no vaccine, the latest drug regimes may prolong the life of patients almost indefinitely. However, this treatment is very expensive so many people especially in the third world can't benefit.

As for mosquito transmission, this link explains very well why it doesn't happen:
    http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/aids.htm
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In Indonesia, we have a number of NGOs working in the field of services for people with AIDS. For those who are still healthy enough to be given the mental and spiritual guidance, while those who are in severe conditions will be given medical treatment at the hospital.

But yeah, as Indy said, there is no cure for AIDS.
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Islam's Treatment of People/Persons with HIV/AIDS Disease ?