× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1353

We did it!

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We did it!

Report bad ads?

We did it -- Europe just banned bee-killing pesticides!!

http://yubanet.com/world/Victory-EU-...p#.UYjPfy3yXZ4

We will get honey! Without bees we wouldn´t.
    | Likes Eric H, joedawun, YusufNoor, Muslim Woman liked this post
    We did it!

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: We did it!

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    We did it -- Europe just banned bee-killing pesticides!!

http://yubanet.com/world/Victory-EU-...p#.UYjPfy3yXZ4

We will get honey! Without bees we wouldn´t.
    Worse still, many of our fruit crops rely on bees for pollination - so it is not just about having honey.

I voted too and I am glad the pesticides in question are banned (although I understand that there is some debate about whether pesticides are the real problem or not ... but at least this will hopefully help us to find out)
    | Likes Eric H, sister herb liked this post
    We did it!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - We did it!

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes Glo. We get fruits and berries and flowers...

We did it!

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

islamica's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Achim Steiner, head of the UN Environmental Program that commissioned the report, warned that if humanity doesn't take steps to protect bees, there will be a huge impact on the global food supply.

"Of the 100 crop species that provide 90% of the world's food, over 70 are pollinated by bees," he said in a statement.

"Human beings have fabricated the illusion that in the 21st century they have the technological prowess to be independent of nature. Bees underline the reality that we are more, not less, dependent on nature's services in a world of close to 7 billion people."

Cases of mass bee deaths have been reported across Europe, North America, Japan, China and Egypt.
    In Europe, the decision to institute the moratorium was not without controversy. BBC News reports that leading up to Monday’s decision, lobbying was “ferocious” on both sides. Nearly three million signatures were collected in support of a ban. Chemical and pesticide manufacturers argued that the science is inconclusive and that a ban could inhibit food production.

Experts at the USDA, EPA and others involved in the federal bee study concluded that there was not enough evidence to support a ban in the United States, and that the cost of imposing one could outweigh the benefits. They recommended further research be done.

The EPA says that there is not enough evidence to support a ban on the neonicotinoids. That translates in plainspeak to: the EPA says there is not enough money being paid counteracting the money being paid by the insecticide lobby to support a ban. EPA also said there was not enough evidence to support banning asbestos for almost three decades after Europe had banned its use, before they finally banned it. Our government is corrupt, bought and paid for top to bottom.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thats good Now the EU tries to say that it isnt 'scientifically proven' however everyone with a clear mind and logic knows that pesticides are bad for insects.
    We did it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/robinb4life?feature=mhee
    I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    wwwislamicboardcom - We did it!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you sister harb;

Good news, we all need to be counted, I voted at 38 degrees they have 325,000 votes so far, they are trying to reach 350,000 votes by today to keep the pressure up.
    https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/save-our-bees

They have lots of petitions on this site including one for Gaza. http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/flotillattacks

They called it 38 degrees because that is the angle an avalanche starts.

In the spirit of praying for all people

Eric
    We did it!

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! We did it! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. We did it!