Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am New to Islam

Report bad ads?

Hello,
    I am new to Islam well kinda, I have been reading about Islam for a couple years now but have not taken my Shahadah. My fiance is Muslim but I have been hesitant because I want to make sure that this is something that I can dedicate myself to. I do not want to jump into something because of who I am in a relationship with. Faith is a big deal and in the end I will be responsible for my own faith. I was not brought up in a severely religious household but I have found myself drawn to Islam ever since I first started reading about it. I will read for while and then put it down for a little bit and come right back to it lol. These last couple months in particular I have not been able to turn from it. I started praying and before you know it, I've been praying 5 times a day. Something I wasn't sure I could do is surely becoming a necessity. I am closer then ever before and still have questions so please if I offend anyone with my questions, I apologize in advance and thank you for any patience given to me
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I am New to Islam

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

It is good to hear that you are drawn to Islam, and that you are learning about it to make sure. You will find that God is calling you and that you must respond.

I hope you will have a good stay here and that we can help you with your questions and in any way we can, God-willing.

May Allaah guide your heart to the truth, Aameen.
    I am New to Islam

chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace to you and welcome to the forum.

I must say that this is one of the more intriguing situation I have come across whereby you are praying 5 times a day whilst still hesitant. Wow!

Will be interesting to hear what is holding you back?

chat Quote

crimsontide06's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

welcome to the forum hope you find your answers
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    muslimah bird's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

welcome to the forum , hope you have a beneficial stay
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace with you

Welcome to forum. I liked your words as "I want to make sure that this is something that I can dedicate myself to. I do not want to jump into something because of who I am in a relationship with. Faith is a big deal and in the end I will be responsible for my own faith." Very sensible way to think - I was thinking same when I was looking for islam years ago.

I am New to Islam

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

Almostready's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank You for the words of encouragement. I am not sure why I am still hesitant. It might seem like a no brainer to some but Islam is a way of life and a new way of life so change isn't always easy . Perhaps there is no better time then now.
    chat Quote

~Zaria~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Almostready View Post
    Thank You for the words of encouragement. I am not sure why I am still hesitant. It might seem like a no brainer to some but Islam is a way of life and a new way of life so change isn't always easy . Perhaps there is no better time then now.

Greetings Almostready,

I am glad to see that you have taken the time, effort and with the intention to understand this beautiful religion, Islam.

Sometimes, when all the pieces seem to fit together, and everything is in motion towards goodness - yet, there seems to be some type of hindrance in the way, then you should realise that this is Shaytaan fighting harder than ever to keep you away from the truth.

As you mention - there is 'no better time then now.'

The reason why this rings so true, is because the very nature of our lives is so uncertain.
    We can never know what tomorrow will bring, and how many breathes are still left within us.
    And if we consider the great importance of leaving this world with imaan (faith) - the kalimah on our lips, and being in a state of submission to our Creator, then we realise that time is not our friend....

May Allah place only goodness in your path, and fill your heart with His guidance.
    Ameen
    I am New to Islam

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    "Oh Turner of Hearts, keep my heart firm on Your Deen."

Subscribe and Share:
    Seeking the Pleasure of Allah

chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam o alikum

to the forum sis hope u like it here n learn lots n lots
    I am New to Islam

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - I am New to Islam

chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! I am New to Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I am New to Islam