× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 2218

why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

since im Pakistani, why couldn't I be choose to be born in any other nationality? I don't particularly like being Pakistani because it sucks, there are so many messed up things about it. I want to be Indonesian or malaysian instead, because i know for sure that they are not messed up and gossip-savy like desi's are.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    F_Ferdous's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in?

I wish I was an Arab.
    chat Quote

Ramadan90's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It really does not matter what nationality you have from an Islamic perspective. You can make a choice to not gossip and be "messed up". In the end, all that matters is your iman and actions.
    | Likes AabiruSabeel, glo, Muslim Woman, ardianto, Aisha liked this post
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MrKhan89. This is something I don't quite understand, quite a lot of people are never satisfied with what they are or have. Blondes want dark hair, dark hair want a different colour, dark skinned wants fair skin and fair skin spent hours and $$$ to get a darker tan, those who live in hot countries want snow and those in cold climate want hot weather, those with straight hair want curls and with curls want straight hair... In the end, the dissatisfaction only causes grief and/or money.

I am extremely thankful for being given the 'light' to have faith in islam and not to be in the group that has incurred the wrath or that has gone astray. If that were the case, it does not matter where I come from or how I may look because at the end of the day it does not make a difference to where I will end up

Let's not 'stereotype' anything. We can generalise for the sake of easy understanding, but that does not make it the 'law'. I know Malays who wish they were other, they try talk, dress and behave in a manner that makes them 'feel' like they were who they aspire to be, but really, they are 'lost' and they would not speak Malay. Sad.

Whatever that you feel that 'sucks' can be changed by you so that people you interact with get that positive message. Let's take the negative perception of islam as an example, do we jump ship? Or do we adapt ourselves to give a better representation of our faith? Likewise, I can find many negative points about my faith or race, but I choose the positives in both. But first, I must find the positives about myself and I must like myself. For this, you must do the right things.Then it matters not about the things you can't change.
    | Likes AabiruSabeel, Born_Believer liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Born_Believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89 View Post
    since im Pakistani, why couldn't I be choose to be born in any other nationality? I don't particularly like being Pakistani because it sucks, there are so many messed up things about it. I want to be Indonesian or malaysian instead, because i know for sure that they are not messed up and gossip-savy like desi's are.
    I'm of a Pakistani origin too (born and raised in the UK though) and I'm proud of my Pakistani heritage. Yes there is a lot wrong with the country, especially the socioeconomic situation but there is always room for improvement. Pakistan is the only nation, since the formation of the Muslim state in Medinah, to be created on the sole basis of Islam. Pakistan is La illaha illala!

How can one not be proud of that? It's like some Muslims saying they are embarrassed to be ID'd as Muslims because other Muslims give them and their religion a bad name, the criminals, the politicians and so on. It's a pretty non-sensical comment that you made, no offense but that's my opinion. You should be glad you're Pakistan, Allah has made you part of a blessed people and more importantly, a muslim. Malaysia and Indonesia have lost much of their Muslim heritage in pursuit of financial success. Trust me, I've been there, I have friends of Malaysian and Indonesian origin. That is in no way a jibe at Malaysians or Indonesians but rather at their governments and the cultures they try to impose.

Maybe one day, when you understand more about Pakistan, you me learn to be proud of where Allah made you.

Salam.
    | Likes glo, ardianto, islamica liked this post
    chat Quote

QueenofHerts's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you wish to be or have anything then wish you could speak arabic.
    chat Quote

crimsontide06's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

since im Pakistani, why couldn't I be choose to be born in any other nationality? I don't particularly like being Pakistani because it sucks, there are so many messed up things about it. I want to be Indonesian or malaysian instead, because i know for sure that they are not messed up and gossip-savy like desi's
    I am sorry but this thread makes no sense at all. Why could we not choose what nationality we are??? Look, this is silly so just be happy with what you have before you lose it and then you are looking back wishing you had acted and seen things differently. .
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love being an Indian... cant beat home cooked desi food.

As for the gossip and what not? Well... hey, you are the company you keep, so keep in good company.

Scimi

15noje9 1 - why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in?
    chat Quote

Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, every country is messed up. I am dutch and raised up in a secularist, unbelieving society. No room for complaining, if you want to see better things, check yourself first and then others.
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post

http://www.youtube.com/user/robinb4life?feature=mhee
    I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    wwwislamicboardcom - why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    chuckla's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You DID choose your nationality before you came into this world. You chose it according to the Karma you have to work out in this lifetime. Are you in good health? Do you feel that God (Allah) is guiding you? It's ridiculous to think it 'sucks' to be Pakistani'. Be proud of yourself. God be with you, chuckla.
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you live in house with a red roof?

Scimi

15noje9 1 - why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in?
    chat Quote

zoron's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamualaikum,
    my friend, be grateful with what you got, with where you were born. I am an Indonesian, and i can say i am disagree with you in several things. I don't know what do you mean by not messed up, but the reality is there are so many problems we're facing here, such as poverty, corruptions, and our resources being digged by the first world country and we get nothing in return but very small profit. As indonesian it is really hurting us, we are a very rich country, very rich in the natural resources, and from that only it's enough to make indonesian people prosper, but the reality is the opposite,
    But i am very grateful to be an Indonesian, because we have a great history, we get our Independence with our blood, our fight, not given, that what makes us indonesian people very loving our country. So you have to find the reasons why you should be grateful became Pakistani

How about you ask yourself this questions, What if Allah created you not as pakistani citizen instead become a tree, or an animals, or even a rock? How is that?

I hope this can answer your questions,
    Thank you
    | Likes ardianto liked this post
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Indonesian people are always lucky. Everything happen they always say "untung" (lucky). If a man hit by truck and he survive, he say "Lucky, I'm still alive". If he died, other people say "lucky, he died. If not, he would live as disable person for his life time".

The example above maybe too cruel. But, it's true!. Indonesian people see the good side too beside the bad side. It make them always feel grateful.

MrKhan, do you want to born as Indonesian?. I have seen Indonesian people who born in very poor families and have disabilities that cause difficulty in their life. Allah could make you born as one of them, but He decided you born as Pakistani, healthy, and I guess you are not from poor family. So, be grateful with what Allah has given to you.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by chuckla View Post
    You DID choose your nationality before you came into this world. You chose it according to the Karma you have to work out in this lifetime. Are you in good health? Do you feel that God (Allah) is guiding you? It's ridiculous to think it 'sucks' to be Pakistani'. Be proud of yourself. God be with you, chuckla.
    Preaching Hindu to a Pakistani is not going to raise his spirits. Remember Pakistan and Hindustan don't get on you know.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Look on the bright side India has more troubles than Pakistan. Pakistan is more united with Islam. All you have to do is knock over the corrupt secularist government in Pakistan and everything will be ok.
    BTW Why do you live in the "Great Satan" USA?
    chat Quote

20. Hide
Hey there! why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. why couldn't Allah give us a choice of what nationality to be in?