Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Marriage & Suckling

Report bad ads?

asalamwalakum

I have had milk from my grandmother who now is my suckling mother, So my aunty is also my suckling sister. Is it permissible for me to marry her daughter (my cousin) she has not had any milk from my grandmother.

thanks for the help
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    crimsontide06's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Marriage & Suckling

I am scared and confused at the same time...people usually stop getting milk like that when they are no longer a baby...

Maybe explain this all better with complete sentences.
    chat Quote

jparted's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry i was a baby when i had the milk on many occasions. I thought that was obvious. ok i hope that makes it clear
    chat Quote

AabiruSabeel's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    عـــابر سبيـــل
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please read the following two Fatawa:

Is it permissible to marry the daughter of my cousin who was breastfed by my grandmother in addition to myself?

Is it permissible to marry the daughter of my cousin who was breastfed by my grandmother in addition to myself?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
    As-salāmu `alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

The relationship between you and your cousin is that of “foster brother and sister”[1], since your grandmother is also your foster mother. It is not permissible for one to marry the daughter of one’s foster sister.[2]

The above ruling will not differ whether the daughter of one’s foster sister was suckled by one’s foster mother or not.

And Allah knows best.

Moulana Ismail Desai,
    Durban, South Africa
    Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved
    Mufti Ebrahim Desai
    daruliftaa.net

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/6077

My own sister’s son was breastfed by my own mother at his birth up to four days. Can I marry my daughter to my own sister’s son who was breastfed by my own mother?

My own sister’s son was breastfed by my own mother at his birth up to four days. Can I marry my daughter to my own sister’s son who was breastfed by my own mother?

Answer(Fatwa: 218/124/H=1433)

No, you cannot do so because this nikah is haram. Your mother (who is nani/grandmother of the boy) became his foster mother and you (mamu/uncle of the boy) became foster brother of the boy and your daughter became foster bhatiji (niece) of the boy. It is haram to marry one’s foster bhatiji (niece) as it is haram to marry one’s nasabi (genealogical) bhatiji (niece).

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
    Darul Uloom Deoband

Source:
    http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darulifta-deoband/27790
    | Likes Iceee liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Marriage & Suckling Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Marriage & Suckling