× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 16 of 16 visibility 3609

Praise your teachers

Taabuu's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Praise your teachers

Report bad ads?

103328zu61j89ya8y6gzd5 1 - Praise your teachers

In my country, Teachers Day falls on Sep 28, and it’s the best time to show your appreciation and thank your teachers for being the guiding light in your life.

Teachers' Day is intended to be a special day for the appreciation of teachers. They are not only selfless givers but also the mentors of your life.

Have you come cross teachers who devote their entire lives to the enlightenment of students?

Many times in life, you feel like thanking your teachers but you cannot find the proper occasion.

Today is the day for you to deliver your thanks and appreciation to your teachers. :smile:

You're invited to praise your teachers. Tell us how they guided you, inspired you or changed you in any way.
    | Likes aamirsaab, Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Praise your teachers

never heard of this day. How many countries celebrate it ?
    Praise your teachers

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

observer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As a teacher I wholeheartedly approve of this day! I think it should be celebrated with chocolate. Although suspiciously, it seems that none of my students know about it...
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In Indonesia the Teacher Day is in November 25.

format_quote Originally Posted by observer View Post
    As a teacher I wholeheartedly approve of this day! I think it should be celebrated with chocolate. Although suspiciously, it seems that none of my students know about it...
    In what school do you teach? elementary? high school?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As a teacher I wholeheartedly approve of this day! I think it should be celebrated with chocolate.
    That sounds a great idea! Partly because I am teacher too...

Praise your teachers

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

5th September in India
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    In Indonesia the Teacher Day is in November 25.

In what school do you teach? elementary? high school?

No, in an English academy teaching English as a foreign language. So I suppose my students can always say that they didn't understand when I said that they had to bring in chocolate!
    chat Quote

tearose's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have worked as a teacher too, but I don't agree with days like this, just like I don't agree with mother's day, father's day etc. We are supposed to respect people and treat them well all year round, not pick a day and celebrate it.
    | Likes Insaanah liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

World Teachers' Day, held annually on October 5th since 1994, commemorates teachers’ organizations worldwide. Its aim is to mobilize support for teachers and to ensure that the needs of future generations will continue to be met by teachers.

According to UNESCO, World Teachers' Day represents a significant token of the awareness, understanding and appreciation displayed for the vital contribution that teachers make to education and development.

Education International (EI) (the global union federation that represents education professionals worldwide) strongly believes that World Teachers' Day should be internationally recognized and celebrated around the world. EI also believes that the principles of the 1966 and 1997 Recommendations should be considered for implementation in all nations.

Over 100 countries observe World Teachers' Day. The efforts of Education International and its 401 member organizations have contributed to this widely spread recognition. Every year, EI launches a public awareness campaign to highlight the contributions of the teaching profession.

Source: Wikipedia
    | Likes Taabuu liked this post
    Praise your teachers

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tearose View Post
    I have worked as a teacher too, but I don't agree with days like this, just like I don't agree with mother's day, father's day etc. We are supposed to respect people and treat them well all year round, not pick a day and celebrate it.
    I agree with you - but only partly. Reason: I still hope to get some chocolate... (Seems I have to tell about this day to some of my students.)
    Praise your teachers

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I agree with you - but only partly. Reason: I still hope to get some chocolate... (Seems I have to tell about this day to some of my students.)

It doesn't matter where you're from, what religion or race you are, if you're a teacher - you want chocolate
    | Likes sister herb liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

never heard of this day. How many countries celebrate it ?

th?idH4885985989625457&amppid151&ampw126&amph161&ampp0 - Praise your teachers
    Sister, In many countries Teacher's Day are intented to be special days for the appreciation of teachers and may include celebrations to honour them for their special contributions in particular field area.
    The date on which Teacher's day is celebrated varies from countries to countries.
    We also celebrated Music Day.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tearose View Post
    Wow, many teachers here.
    TEACHING IS A NOBLE PROFESSION

Teachers have an influencing role in the life of every student. They are like beacons of light, guiding us in the formative years of our life. Teachers mould us and in the process and shape our future. What we learn from our teachers remains with us, throughout our life. However, very often, we fail to show our appreciation and gratitude for their altruistic devotion. Teachers do need encouragement and support from the community to feel that their efforts are being recognized. To serve the purpose, Teacher's Day is celebrated throughout the world, year by year. By celebrating National Teacher's Day, we thank our teachers for providing us their invaluable guidance.

Since Teacher's Day is observed on different dates in different countries of the world, the celebrations also vary. In many countries, cultural programs are held, which may include singing competitions, dance and play performances. The students would offer flowers, greeting cards and gifts as the token of affection, to the teachers. The latest trend is to organize Teacher's Day party. Students are keen about throwing a lavish party for their teachers, to show how much they care and respect them. The occasion can be celebrated in myriad other ways as well. Whatever the way you have chosen to amuse your teacher, it should convey your message to him/her, very convincingly.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sir, this is for you. Enjoy it.

113593 1 - Praise your teachers
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We don´t have celebrations in here at the Teachers´ day but no problem... My students bring me sometimes little presents anyways - not at some particular day. Like some weeks ago I met family of some my new students (I just help them with they homeworks) and they family gave me a huge bag of fruits.

Sometimes it is yummy to be a teacher.
    Praise your teachers

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Taabuu View Post
    Sir, this is for you. Enjoy it.

113593 1 - Praise your teachers

Perfect - no homework for you!
    Last edited by observer; 09-13-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: bad punctuation!
    chat Quote

21. Hide
Hey there! Praise your teachers Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Praise your teachers